Not open for further replies.

MrTibbs

In the Starting Line-Up
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
http://www.thebostonchannel.com/sports/9957367/detail.html

Pretty good read:

"By Tony Moss, NFL Editor -- (Sports Network) - Last Sunday, the Cincinnati Bengals announced to the world that they could handle the reigning Super Bowl champs. Seven days later, Marvin Lewis' team is out to reinforce that fact, against another longtime member of the AFC and NFL elite.

The New England Patriots will visit Paul Brown Stadium in Week 4, and the Bengals' objective will be to dispose of the league's two most recent owners of the Lombardi Trophy in a two-week span. Cincinnati moved to 3-0 by gutting out a 28-17 win over the Steelers at Heinz Field last week, as quarterback Carson Palmer and company coolly exorcised a playoff demon that had tormented them since mid-January. The victory allowed the Bengals to open up a two-game lead over Pittsburgh in the AFC North, and also helped them keep pace with similarly 3-0 Baltimore."

Thanks for the link. Tried to start a thread yesterday about pregame analysis as seen by some of the more statistically savvy members of this board. In an effort to rejuvinate same, I will make an attempt at a matchup.

When the Patriots run the ball, assuming Dillon is back in the line-up, the Pats O-line should match up well with the Cincy D line. While still pretty formidable on DE, the tackles should be vulnerable to the interior of the Pats O line. When looking at the matchup between the Pats backs and the LB's of the Bengals, I see a complete mismatch in favor of the Pats. Unless, of course, the game is going to be played at the state prison. Prediction: the Pats should regain form and Cory and Maroney should combine for 150 yds on the ground.

Any takers?

High scoring affair most likely. But I think everyone is overestimating our secondary. They will give up the big play again and again and again.

soxpatsbscs said:
High scoring affair most likely. But I think everyone is overestimating our secondary. They will give up the big play again and again and again.

Not when Palmer has no time to throw and we jump his dump off routes for picks. Then we contol the clock and laugh all the way home.

Go back to your Red Sox where you belong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back