PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Channel 5 is HORRIBLE [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
It may have been me,I thought Randy Cross called Welker "Walker",not a big deal ,but in the same vein....

I will have nightmares for the rest of my life because of the choppy signal during the first five minutes of the broadcast. The announcers looked like they were posessed, their faces jerking all over the place in unnatual ways.

Not only was Bruschi called "Brushee," but for the entire night, Adailus Thomas was referd to as "A-dale-us."

dude

Goo-chair-iz
Gooterrez
Goo-tee-rez
Goo-tuh-ree-iz
Goocher-ez
and a dozen other iterations...

my favorite was the carrying on about Cadillac Williams as the close-up on the screen was of Graham after that TB run.

there really needs to be an announcer mute option for games--i find myself ranting about the announcers sucking and it messes with the pleasure of watching the game...

there really needs to be an announcer mute option for games--i find myself ranting about the announcers sucking and it messes with the pleasure of watching the game...
For those of you in Boston, the announcer mute button can be found on 104.1 FM. That's how I watch the game, and even though Gil and Gino mis-identify the players half the time (they're not allowed to call the game from the TV, they can only watch the live action from miles up in the broadcast booth), they never forget that the players are the stars, not the announcers, and that the action is always on the field.

For those of you in Boston, the announcer mute button can be found on 104.1 FM. That's how I watch the game, and even though Gil and Gino mis-identify the players half the time (they're not allowed to call the game from the TV, they can only watch the live action from miles up in the broadcast booth), they never forget that the players are the stars, not the announcers, and that the action is always on the field.

I had to give them up last year or two due to the signal timing. The HD signal was several seconds behind and it ruined it have them say "and he just misses the catch!" while on screen the ball was still in the air.

Of course, I think they tried to synch it last year because now I can't listen to them while at the game either (their call is about a full play behind the live action).

Sucks. I love Gil and Geno. I didn't think to try it again last night. Anyone tried them with HD lately?

Last edited:
It was horrible. Production was bad -- did anybody less get horrible screeching from the sound in the first Q? I can't undertsand why Criqui and Cross can't do a better job when they have the entire off season to prepare. It's not like they are suddenly chosen to do the games a week before the broadcast.

The only plus -- it was great to see our team on the field again.

I had to give them up last year or two due to the signal timing. The HD signal was several seconds behind and it ruined it have them say "and he just misses the catch!" while on screen the ball was still in the air.

Of course, I think they tried to synch it last year because now I can't listen to them while at the game either (their call is about a full play behind the live action).

Sucks. I love Gil and Geno. I didn't think to try it again last night. Anyone tried them with HD lately?
It was off sync for a few minutes at the beginning, which I found useful in a pre-season game, so I knew ahead where to look for the play. Before the end of the first quarter it was properly synced. BTW, I have HD.

Since they're generally ahead of the TV, if you have a DVR, you can hit stop for a second and then play, and after one or two tries, you'll be able to sync it up. It's worth the effort.

Let cut them a little slack here. This is a local production and not a national production. Most of the problems last night was were of a technical nature, which can't be helped some times.

I was a irritated as all of you And yes, the broadcast team was/is bad at times. Their trying to fit in the M. Hill and B. Walsh memorials between plays was bad judgment by the director.

But, this is the same production crew that gives us the totally awesome "Patriots All Access", so lets look at it in a balanced way.

Stinky Pete -- got some bad news for you. A-dale-us is how HE says it. Which is not to forgive last night's "announcers" -- what they said about Hill was ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back