PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Channel 5 is HORRIBLE [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please,Please,Mr Kraft,Dump WCVB!

Horrible sound...out of sync.

Mike Lynch is terrible...warmed-over stew.

Please get a professional station for the preseason! :bricks:

Re: Please,Please,Mr Kraft,Dump WCVB!

How many years has Don Criqui been doing the preseason play-by-play? He can't even pronounce the Pats' names properly. He called Bruschi "Brooshy." Geez.

How many years has Don Criqui been doing the preseason play-by-play? He can't even pronounce the Pats' names properly. He called Bruschi "Brooshy." Geez.

I heard that I was like...WHAT?!

Re: Channel 5 is HORRIBLE

Every year its the same crap. Criqui and that bozo. Can't STAND either of them. And the production is putrid, with the sound off by 4 seconds or so.

I think Kraft gets to choose the preseason announcing team. If so, he should be ashamed :)

Re: Channel 5 is HORRIBLE

Tonight Criqui is the least of their problems and that is really saying something:D

Horrible sound...out of sync

Mike Lynch is terrible...warmed-over stew.

Please get a professional station for the preseason! :bricks:

Lynch isn't in the booth - Criqui and Cross are.

I recall the days that he was in the booth. That is when I discovered Gil and Geno!

No kidding...

I'm talking about the pre-game show.

"Randall Gay came to the patriots as an unrestricted free agent..."

Not to be picky Don, but that would be an undrafted free agent.

Man, they keep cutting between hi-def and regular Tv, commercials being cut short, starting and stopping.

This is putrid. I mean, I know its the preseason, but jeez, do you have to have high school kids running your broadcast?

Was that just a lightsaber I heard during the Gaffney/Lynch interview?

I was getting a little ticked that they had to view every frigging person in the stadium who had a Brady jersey on.

Last edited:
First the signal was making everything jumpy, then when they got the signal straight, I thought I was watching a 1970's broadcast. The graphics, color etc was awful! Squeezing a memorial spot on Hill between plays was pretty bush league too.

Man, they keep cutting between hi-def and regular Tv, commercials being cut short, starting and stopping.

This is putrid. I mean, I know its the preseason, but jeez, do you have to have high school kids running your broadcast?

Looked as if they were trying to save some cash, hi-def the game and regular for the commercials.. the Fox chanel in Prov did this, not sure about comcast.

What I thought particularly painful was the whole chatter about #91, they were talking about what a great player and great person he was. He was a great person, but a marginal player.. they did not know their ass from their elbow.

Then they were promoting something or someone, and missed a few plays.. methinks they talk too much, Jerry Glanville was so much better.. Cross and Criqui are painful.

He may not be popular, with some, on the radio but a play-by-play guy who they should get is Dale Arnold. He actually did the Pats stadium announcing back in the Rod Rust era. I liked him with the Bruins (they let him go) and he at least knows about the team. Criqui and Cross just come in for the pre-season and that's it. Team Arnold up with a guy like Steve DeOssie who knows the game, and the Pats, and can add some "color" but usually has a balanced look at the team.

He may not be popular, with some, on the radio but a play-by-play guy who they should get is Dale Arnold. He actually did the Pats stadium announcing back in the Rod Rust era. I liked him with the Bruins (they let him go) and he at least knows about the team. Criqui and Cross just come in for the pre-season and that's it. Team Arnold up with a guy like Steve DeOssie who knows the game, and the Pats, and can add some "color" but usually has a balanced look at the team.

I like that, my second choice would be Gino and Gil, but they do the radio thing.. talk about homers..

I will have nightmares for the rest of my life because of the choppy signal during the first five minutes of the broadcast. The announcers looked like they were posessed, their faces jerking all over the place in unnatual ways.

Not only was Bruschi called "Brushee," but for the entire night, Adailus Thomas was referd to as "A-dale-us."

They had produced a lot of fillers and the director seemed hellbent on getting them into the broadcast. I don't get that. I had tuned out for a little while because my ears hurt but did I imagine the part where they were discussing the Patriots hall of fame and then had that interupted with a piece on Bill Walsh's funeral? They then came back and talked about Walsh and Young and missed a couple of plays to boot.

Normally I just get on Criqui but the entire production was bad last night. Thankfully they only have two more games on channel 5.

At one point they insisted on keeping the camera on these two boys, one in a Bucs' jersey, the other a Patriots. When the camera finally panned around to the field to show the play, the angle was too low to see anything more than the action right on the line of scrimmage.

Let's watch some of the rebroadcasts on NFL-N, if it is like in past years they will do half of the game using one team's crew, the other half using the other. That is a great tool for comparison and if we see something that we'd like to have changed, it is easy to cite forward to the Krafts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes