Welcome to PatsFans.com

Change

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by wistahpatsfan, Jan 8, 2008.

1. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

That seems to be the buzzword with the Dems in this election. I think it's an irrelevant word as Bush is out and there will most definitely be a change in the government. They might use it in the general election, but to be using it on each other is foolish and further demonstrates the candidates' attempt to appeal to the most simplistic notion the voters can (or can't) latch on to.

Republicans are doing the same thing, but their theme is "fear". National security, TWOT, Iran...anything other than the real problems facing this country like the debt, possible collapse of the dollar, energy, the crisis with our childrens' health, the environment. Both they and the Democrats refuse to discuss any real issues.

Change? Fear? How about discussing the issues that the nation is confronted with. Can we get a real patriot to shed some light on what's going on? I'm so wasted on this election, and it's got another TEN MONTHS to go!:eek:

2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +716 / 2 / -9

What Will They Change Why Won't They Tell Us

3. STFarmy

STFarmy In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Oh God, I couldn't agree more. This country loves advertising, and a popular advertising strategy is the use of buzzwords. They're short, sound good, but say nothing. Americans love it! Obama is the best at this as he is a charismatic speaker. He'll go "Change non-partisan change new difference non-partisan change!" and everyone will cheer. I just sit there, aghast. "HE SAID NOTHING" I yell. But it makes no difference, no change.

4. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +572 / 6 / -2

What a terrible field of candidates.

5. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +716 / 2 / -9

Nobody yet, nobody among this group of grinning bastards would I vote for, I Refuse to vote for a person I don't like (both sides) this is the biggest bunch of a$s holes to ever run for the Presidency in my life time, our enemy must love all this grinning crap, the Terrorist Muslim and the Illegal Alien are the two most important issues facing this country and all these fools do is yell and blubber about the big change they will bring and they won't even tell us what that is, what the Hell is Obama going to change, the weather the price of gas, ask any of them about gas prices and they will grin and then babble some nosense about their health care sh!t.
    Stay Home none of them are worth going out for.

:bricks:

Last edited: Jan 8, 2008