PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Change of Pace: Troy Brown appreciation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
the taildragger said:
Never understood why our fans never gave him as much credit as AV for the '01 playoffs...we did NOT win the AFCC because of Bledsoe.
That PIT AFC CHampionship game was a thing of beauty. THe PR for a TD the lateral on the blocked FG.

CrazyDave said:
My son, soon to be 10 yrs old, plays soccer. When the coach tells him to play defense, he frowns. I use Troy Brown as an example of doing what's best for the team, and the frown goes away fast. It works every time. What a great example he is for kids and adults alike.

Troy Brown lines up at quarterback
ImgDyn.cfm

If there is one player currently I want to see retire in NWE its Brown. What a guy and what a football player. He is 35 and he can still play football and play it really well.

If Brown, Bruschi and Brady all retire Pats I'll be a happy man. If any of the three don't I'd be majorly bummed out. Other guys are on the bubble for those emotions from me, but those three are clear cut "I hope they retire with US and only US" guys.

Troy Brown is da bomb.

It's no secret, I love Troy Brown. He's been my favorite all-time Pat and always will be. The only player jersey I own is a Troy Brown number 80. He's a true champion and the epitome of team guy. How can't you love Troy?

the taildragger said:
Never understood why our fans never gave him as much credit as AV for the '01 playoffs...we did NOT win the AFCC because of Bledsoe.

There was nobody happier when I heard we resigned him this season. Looks like we'll need him as much as ever now that top two WRs are suddenly gone.

Having said that, I've NEVER LAUGHED HARDER than I did seeing him under center...not sure if that's an appropriate reaction or a respectful one...though seeing how funny it was to him, the team, and the coach afterwards made me feel better.

You never want to laugh at the guy. I just couldn't help it.

Actually when I saw him on repaly calling out the signals that's when I started laughing my as off.

But, I did notice him at the beginning of the pregame in the background and at first I couldn't make out his number. I said Bramlet isn't that short is he?

Last edited:
stinkypete said:
I love Troy.

But I have to add the Wikipedia entry is incorrect. His stats from 2001-2003 are all off by a year. He had 101 catches is 2001, and in 2003, Deion Branch was their leading receiver, not Brown.

I edited the entry to correct the mistakes (easy to do) and added a couple little things. Checking out his bio on patriots.com, the man's career really is amazing. Sometime it feels like we all love him so much that you sort of forget that he really is a damn good football player and has been for a long time.

Willie55 said:
Troy Brown lines up at quarterback
ImgDyn.cfm

This would be a great pic to add to Troy's Wikipedia entry! Where did it come from? If it's copyrighted, you can't add it.

Because we have 9 Branch threads going, I'm bumping this up.

Here's a guy who is a Patriot and wants to be a Patriot and is the role model for all Patriots and their fans.

He's not he only one but he's been here the longest.:rocker:

Amen Brother...Amen..Im tired of the Branch Threads!

You know, I wonder if it felt weird for Troy to have his hands that close to a 300 pound man's arse for the first time... I know that'd weird ME out. It must be one of those things that QBs just 'get used to' over time.

Brownfan80 said:
You know, I wonder if it felt weird for Troy to have his hands that close to a 300 pound man's arse for the first time... I know that'd weird ME out. It must be one of those things that QBs just 'get used to' over time.
You need to talk with Mikey about your fantasies, I can't but wonder if that is a factor for his crush on Tommy...:rolleyes:

PATSNUTme said:
Because we have 9 Branch threads going, I'm bumping this up.

Here's a guy who is a Patriot and wants to be a Patriot and is the role model for all Patriots and their fans.

He's not he only one but he's been here the longest.:rocker:
I dont remember how long he has been here. I think all the way back since 93. So that makes....13 years or so. Wow...:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes