PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Change of Pace: Troy Brown appreciation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
THE PLAY I will always remember was in Super Bowl 36, called 64 Max All-End.

Tom Brady drops back to pass and finds TROY BROWN wide open and Brown runs to get out of bounds and the 36 yard line. It's the stuff of legends. He plays defense (CB), offense (WR), and (ST) PR.

Remember his PR for a TD against the Steelers in '01.

PATSNUTme said:
Interesting to know that he was drafted in the 8th round which would have made him an UDFA today.
Hey! No disrespecting of Troy allowed!

There were fewer teams playing in 1993. Troy was the 198th player selected in the draft. Today he would have been drafted in the sixth round.

PATRIOTS-80 said:
THE PLAY I will always remember was in Super Bowl 36, called 64 Max All-End.

Tom Brady drops back to pass and finds TROY BROWN wide open and Brown runs to get out of bounds and the 36 yard line. It's the stuff of legends. He plays defense (CB), offense (WR), and (ST) PR.

Remember his PR for a TD against the Steelers in '01.

When Troy finally does retire (after this season?) I hope someone puts together an NFL Films DVD of his highlights over the years and some interviews of what guys think of him/his workout habits/behind the scenes stuff.
"Troy Brown - The Patriot". I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Brownfan80 said:
When Troy finally does retire (after this season?) I hope someone puts together an NFL Films DVD of his highlights over the years and some interviews of what guys think of him/his workout habits/behind the scenes stuff.
"Troy Brown - The Patriot". I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Absolutely. Good ole trust Troy. Being a patriot is far more than just having talent, Troy Brown exemplifies everything good about this team. Guys like him will forever be loved in New England.

Thank you Troy Brown for everything you have done for us, we are forever grateful and here is to you ending yuor career on a great note!

Okay you biographers, you've got PR, but your forgetting his KO and P coverage too...let's not short change our legends, shall we?

stinkypete said:
I love Troy.

But I have to add the Wikipedia entry is incorrect. His stats from 2001-2003 are all off by a year. He had 101 catches is 2001, and in 2003, Deion Branch was their leading receiver, not Brown.

The reason I used that reference was that I wanted to show, in print, that he was an 8th rounder and had been released early in his carrer.

There are probably some younger posters here (and lurkers) that may not know that. They might have it in their heads that he was a high round draft pick, based on the body of his work.

This is a guy who has really worked himself into being a great player. That was the point of using that reference. There are better places to get his stats.

My son, soon to be 10 yrs old, plays soccer. When the coach tells him to play defense, he frowns. I use Troy Brown as an example of doing what's best for the team, and the frown goes away fast. It works every time. What a great example he is for kids and adults alike.

Great thread. Troy is a consummate Patriot. We still have our Troy Brown Tribute show online. If anyone missed it we run down his top 5 plays in his career. We need more players like him.

I think we all like Troy not only because he's an awesome athlete, but he plays football like we all did when we were younger, especially all the different positions. Who ever played one position on Sunday mornings at the field? Brown really taps into our love of the game and how much fun we had playing football when we were kids. Anyone can relate to him.

CrazyDave said:
My son, soon to be 10 yrs old, plays soccer. When the coach tells him to play defense, he frowns. I use Troy Brown as an example of doing what's best for the team, and the frown goes away fast. It works every time. What a great example he is for kids and adults alike.

Thats SUCH a great Motivational Tool.lol..Nice!

wistahpatsfan said:
I think we all like Troy not only because he's an awesome athlete, but he plays football like we all did when we were younger, especially all the different positions. Who ever played one position on Sunday mornings at the field? Brown really taps into our love of the game and how much fun we had playing football when we were kids. Anyone can relate to him.

Insightful thought, and I think you're right. We all see the kid in us within the kid in him. I think much of that comes from his own kids, IMO, and the same with Bruschi.

However, the one position I would never play was QB, so Troy has that on me. I have a bad shoulder so I could never get anything under the ball. But I was one hell of a TE/LB/WR/CB/S/RB though! Oh to be that young again.

Brownfan80 said:
Insightful thought, and I think you're right. We all see the kid in us within the kid in him. I think much of that comes from his own kids, IMO, and the same with Bruschi.

However, the one position I would never play was QB, so Troy has that on me. I have a bad shoulder so I could never get anything under the ball. But I was one hell of a TE/LB/WR/CB/S/RB though! Oh to be that young again.
Yeh, it's hell to turn 30. :eek:

Box_O_Rocks said:
Yeh, it's hell to turn 30. :eek:

I'm going to enjoy my last two years before that happens. Holy sh*t I'm 12 years from 40 :(.

Brownfan80 said:
I'm going to enjoy my last two years before that happens. Holy sh*t I'm 12 years from 40 :(.
No worries, 40 is sweet, 30 was the one that really sucked.

Box_O_Rocks said:
No worries, 40 is sweet, 30 was the one that really sucked.

Well at least I have that to look forward to in 2 years. LOL
:D

Brownfan80 said:
Well at least I have that to look forward to in 2 years. LOL
:D
My advice to you is to start drinking heavily. Blutarski

Box_O_Rocks said:
My advice to you is to start drinking heavily. Blutarski

I've already got that covered! Woo woo!

Troy Brown for the Hall Of Fame

Troy Brown may not be the fastest guy on the field and may not have the greatest hands ever. He may not be our best athlete, and in any given season he may not have be the most important player. But, Troy Brown epitomizes what the Pats are all about. He's smart, he's hard working, he's selfless, he's brave (willing to be emergency QB and play CB), he's disciplined, and he's an all-around good human being. Wouldn't it be great if the Hall of Fame recognized a sort of everyman like Troy Brown who is a role model, not just for kids, but for adults as well?

Never understood why our fans never gave him as much credit as AV for the '01 playoffs...we did NOT win the AFCC because of Bledsoe.

There was nobody happier when I heard we resigned him this season. Looks like we'll need him as much as ever now that top two WRs are suddenly gone.

Having said that, I've NEVER LAUGHED HARDER than I did seeing him under center...not sure if that's an appropriate reaction or a respectful one...though seeing how funny it was to him, the team, and the coach afterwards made me feel better.

You never want to laugh at the guy. I just couldn't help it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back