Welcome to PatsFans.com

Change of pace.... something I think ALL can enjoy

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Fogbuster, Apr 17, 2009.

1. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

2. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

3. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Yep, also boffo good stuff. I was trying to think of who originated that song. I was thinking Lionel Ritchie .... but no, Sting! :confused2:

//
  4. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +265 / 10 / -11

Yeah, that Susan Boyle clip was wonderful. Just so moving, especially given the treatment she initially got. Her voice is amazing as is her confidence on stage. I felt so happy for her. Cas Haley, too, was really great, but somehow the contrast between his appearance and music was not as great as that between Boyle and her music.
  5. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

Agreed....... One of the things I find distasteful about those shows (like that one and Idol), is they seems to relish in peoples failure and make fun openly of ordonary people trying to do something they love. Yeah, you put yourself in that position, but no matter how deluded you are in your abilities, a simple "thanks, but no thanks" would suffice.

They all thought she'd suck (and were pretty open about it with the snickers and sneers), and this older, frumpy lady house-frau opened her mouth and gave them a great big STFU. Gotta love that. Beautiful voice too.

The slight cynic in me can't help but wonder. She is SOOOOOO Good that it has to be some sort of put on. This lady has to be some kinda pro. Don't wanna think it, but a tiny part of the brain thinks it.

Good stuff though. Thanks
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2009
  6. mcgraw_wv

mcgraw_wv Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

This combined with that Opera singer a few years back is why this show kicks American Idols butt... True underdog stories make this show awesome.
  7. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

I've never seen Idol. From what I've heard about though, it caters to about the lowest common denominator available.

Anywho, this woman does a stand-up rendition of a beautiful song. Excellent spirit-lifter if there ever was.

Side-bar: I've heard she's never been kissed, and hope she can now find the love she deserves.

//