Change: Injury Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remix 6

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
NFL | League will revise injury reports
Sat, 24 Mar 2007 09:14:56 -0700

Kevin Seifert, of the Star Tribune, reports the NFL is planning to improve its weekly injury reports after several teams questioned the existing method and protocol. Atlanta Falcons general manager Rich McKay said the new system will require teams to reveal each injured player's practice schedule. If commissioner Roger Goodell approves the new format, the old classifications of probable, questionable and doubtful will be de-emphasized. Under the new system, teams will list the amount of practice in which injured players participate on Wednesday and Thursday of a game week. On Friday, the teams will designate each players as probable, questionable, doubtful or out.

uh oh..BB got targeted it seems

Would Bill Polian be the spokesperson for one of the 'several teams' whining about this?

My bet says that BB finds a new creative method or issue to annoy the piss outa certain league butt boys.

Last edited:
The best was when Cassell was listed on the report - I don't think he had been hit once that year either in garbage time in the 4th or obviously not wearing the red jersey in practice. Hilarious.

What is with Brady's shoulder? He has been 'probable' for 2 straight years as far as I can remember - does he have soreness there or what?

There goes all the fun.
Pissah's right imo-BB will find a way around this one somehow. :D

The best was when Cassell was listed on the report - I don't think he had been hit once that year either in garbage time in the 4th or obviously not wearing the red jersey in practice. Hilarious.

What is with Brady's shoulder? He has been 'probable' for 2 straight years as far as I can remember - does he have soreness there or what?
Bill Polian's was just stupid. He listed his kicker and punter as questionable. What a ******* doofus.

I don't see that this change will make any difference. Teams can easily find out whether an opposing player has been practicing or not just by reading the news. Regardless, I'll join the consensus in saying that BB will find a way around this if the policy does actually change.

Brady injured his shoulder during the 2002 campaign.
Some one pissed BB off about how he does his injury report, so Brady is pre-printed on every report since.

Brady injured his shoulder during the 2002 campaign.
Some one pissed BB off about how he does his injury report, so Brady is pre-printed on every report since.

This is a myth spread by the local media.

Not listing Brady on the report every week would actually be a violation of league rules. He misses parts of practice every week to rest his arm and if you miss any part of practice, you are supposed to be listed on the report. Since his shoulder surgery in 2002 they have put him on a schedule to limit his throws and keep him healthy. It is the same reason that they give him days off in training camp each year which always send this forum into a panic.

I think Polian should be listed as Probable before every Competition Committee meeting due to "Overstrained Tearducts."

Would Bill Polian be the spokesperson for one of the 'several teams' whining about this?

My bet says that BB finds a new creative method or issue to annoy the piss outa certain league butt boys.

I would say no since the Colts did the same thing all season.

All you gotta do is lie about the amount of time the player in question practiced. Job done.

Injury reports are the most pointless things.

This is good for the NFL. Teams need to be honest about what players are injured. People complain about what BB and the Patriots do, look at what the Colts did last year, they took that **** to the next level, putting half their team as questionable every week.

this change is more gambling related than football related

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back