Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Last edited:
Didn't Vince Wilfork do the same thing a few years ago?

Matt Light did it one year..

Just prior to BB calling everyone together and making the offer to the team for Jones to be the designated PR (we can lay guess how it really works) Brady and Wilfork were at midfield having a conversation. Then Wilfork pointed at the line as a play was about to start. I wondered what they were talking about. I wonder if VW was passing the torch to Jones...

Also, after fielding the punt (somewhat) cleanly, Jones put on some neat dance moves...!

This is becoming a tradition! Love it.

Well done Mr. Jones, well done :cool:

Chandler Jones wins the Patriots a night off by catching a punt | masslive.com

According to Mike Petraglia, after the catch Kyle Arrington said, "I'm taking him out to dinner!"

After watching last week's game repeatedly online over the past week, I really can't wait to see what this kid does this season. Should be a fun year :D

strega.jpg

Queue another cut Edelman thread in ...........

The real question is would Chandler Jones supplant Antonio Cromartie as the Jets' number 2 receiver?

Sign the beast . . .

Oh, wait . . .

After the first year of the tradition, or first couple, the fix has been in. If the guy drops the punt -- as I think Koppen did one year -- he gets to try again.

BB gives speeches in which he mentions how much he loves the idea, because of the team bonding it causes.

Yes, Matt Light was the first one, after he asked for a practice to be canceled and BB made a deal with him. Evidently even BB was surprised at how good the idea turned out to be.

it's a clever team building strategy...promoting team unity can often be the difference between going 13-3 and getting to the Super Bowl and going 8-8 and sitting home, arguing about why there's no Thursday Night ice cream parlor meetings with just the QB and WR's any more...

Last edited:
But can he rush the passer?

But can he rush the passer?

I'm thinking that... yeah. He can, and it's gonna be a VERY long year for opponent's O-lines. :rocker:

That was a tough catch. I mean, it was all right, but Vince knows you need to catch it in stride if you're going to take it to the house.

That was a tough catch. I mean, it was all right, but Vince knows you need to catch it in stride if you're going to take it to the house.

Perhaps you're confusing Vince with Dan Connolly?

I laughed so hard when he did that. he was carrying it like a loaf of bread. All I could think of was John Madden talking about how he loved to see fat guys running with the ball.

Kickoff and he didn't quite make it. awesome, though.

Come on now, big vince has had at least three fine runs off two ints and a fumble.

wish I could find the heisman pose photo on the fumble return, but here's vince being awesome on the FX and his two ints.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CytndFaWK08&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVjSI0O2na0

Check the high stepping here. lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVjSI0O2na0

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes