PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chandler Jones thought he was going to be a NY Jet

Status
Not open for further replies.
I definitely get the feeling that Coples and Jones are going to be compared to one another for years to come.

I definitely get the feeling that Coples and Jones are going to be compared to one another for years to come.

I beleive one of these guys will be another Gholston while one will be a Pierre Paul ..... We shall see which one we got.

Coples is Gholston 2.0. I bet everyone will be comparing Jones and Coples like they are with McCourty and Wilson!

Hey, you can't argue with success. The Jets have gotten incredible value in their trades. Santonio Holmes for a 5th? He was a team captain last year for Chrissakes. You can't buy leadership like that. Antonio Cromartie cost a 2nd, but the Jets weren't just getting Cromartie, they got his 10 kids in the trade, too. And 2 more since then. That's a whole future defense.

Based on those deals, I think we have some idea what we can expect from the Tebow trade.

What receiver available in the 5th would give them the impact that Holmes has?

Cromartie basically took Moss out of the game, allowing the Jets a much better chance of beating us, improving their chances to win the division.

The Jets improved as a result of those trades.

2011...Holmes and Cromartie on the Jets roster as STARTERS...Jets 8-8...OUT of the playoffs

Patriots..13-3...division champions AGAIN...go to Super Bowl...lose a hard fought close game right at the end...

I think I have a different dictionary meaning for the word IMPROVED...maybe I've somehow been teleported to a different dimension and a parallel Earth...

You can imagine the sigh of relief when the Jets chose Coples over Chandler then the Patriots came calling. What a disparity in potential employers.

2011...Holmes and Cromartie on the Jets roster as STARTERS...Jets 8-8...OUT of the playoffs

Patriots..13-3...division champions AGAIN...go to Super Bowl...lose a hard fought close game right at the end...

I think I have a different dictionary meaning for the word IMPROVED...maybe I've somehow been teleported to a different dimension and a parallel Earth...

That had me perplexed too, not to mention the circus act and lack of leadership from Holmes.

Reading comprehension, I see it's not your strength.

Did I say the Jets were better than the Pats? No, I didn't. You're arguing against a point I never tried to make. I only said the Jets were likely better as a result of those trades than if they hadn't made them, that's it.

any kind of comprehension is seemingly beyond your grasp....YOUR point is the Jets improved....how you explain THIS is beyond MY earthling ability to understand since the Jets record shows a DECLINE...or did you miss last season's debacle?

you stated "The Jets improved as a result of those trades.". You DID NOT print likely, or maybe ,or could be, or possibly...you stated as fact the "Jets improved"...since they were signed the Jets have DECLINED to 8-8...go ahead and invent more "maybes" and "could bes".

Last edited:
What receiver available in the 5th would give them the impact that Holmes has?

Cromartie basically took Moss out of the game, allowing the Jets a much better chance of beating us, improving their chances to win the division.

While getting anything out of Holmes for a 5th is probably worth it, I think you are severely overating what he has given them. He has been an average at best WR. Of course, the trade led to them giving him $50,000,000, so in the long run, keeping the 5th and drafting Billy Bob Nobody would have been better.
As far as Cromartie, its a similar issue. They could have signed a FA and not lost the 2nd to get a guy they were handcuffed into giving a long term deal. One game against a Randy Moss who was done doesn't make it a good trade.

any kind of comprehension is seemingly beyond your grasp....YOUR point is the Jets improved....how you explain THIS is beyond MY earthling ability to understand since the Jets record shows a DECLINE...or did you miss last season's debacle?

you stated "The Jets improved as a result of those trades.". You DID NOT print likely, or maybe ,or could be, or possibly...you stated as fact the "Jets improved"...since they were signed the Jets have DECLINED to 8-8...go ahead and invent more "maybes" and "could bes".

What would the Jets record have been without Holmes and Cromartie, using those picks in the draft instead?

Whether the team declines from one year to the next is irrelevant, the issue is whether the team would have been more successful using those picks in the draft as opposed trading for those players. If the team doesnt win as many games then I am correct, deal with it.

now YOU are the one inventing things to "win" a point that is wrong from the start.

Look,the Jets DECLINED...that's reality...it happened

"If/then I weeee-un!!!" is fun if you're playing nonny nu nu kindergarten games of "I'm never wrong!!!"..the fact is there is NO POSSIBLE WAY to make any assumptions on your part tangible facts.The only fact here is YOU are wrong...the Jets DID NOT improve..they declined.

Now go play "I'm the winner!" in your bathroom mirror and make sure you flush....you're all backed up...

- Tebow will light a fire under Sanchez, whose poor work ethic and lack of leadership have become more and more apparent over time. With a guy like Tebow in the building, who excels those department which Sanchez lacks, you will likely see much better effort from Sanchez, making their offence better still. If you don't see any improved effort from Sanchez then it's obvious that he needs to go.

Think about what you are saying for a moment. If you have a starting QB who just got an extension on his contract that requires that you bring in some other QB to motivate him to do his job, you have real problems.

Did Brady, Manning, Montana, Elway, Marino, Aikman, Kelly, Bradshaw, Eli, Roethlisberger, etc. , etc., etc., need their teams to bring in some other guy to motivate them?

If Sanchez needs Tebow to prompt him to his job, he's not the competitor or leader the Jets need to become a top-tier team.

Think about what you are saying for a moment. If you have a starting QB who just got an extension on his contract that requires that you bring in some other QB to motivate him to do his job, you have real problems.

Did Brady, Manning, Montana, Elway, Marino, Aikman, Kelly, Bradshaw, Eli, Roethlisberger, etc. , etc., etc., need their teams to bring in some other guy to motivate them?

If Sanchez needs Tebow to prompt him to his job, he's not the competitor or leader the Jets need to become a top-tier team.
Yeah, I can't see how one poor passing Quarterback operating a gimmick offense is going to motivate another poor passing Quarterback operating a dog's breakfast offense. Perhaps ground and pound really is making a reappearance. Sparano + Tebow + gimmicks = success?

The Jets should focus on what they do well, run the football and play defense.

Last edited:
Yeah, I can't see how one poor passing Quarterback operating a gimmick offense is going to motivate another poor passing Quarterback operating a dog's breakfast offense. Perhaps ground and pound really is making a reappearance. Sparano + Tebow + gimmicks = success?

The Jets should focus on what they do well, run the football and play defense.

Not to mention Sanchez cannot handle pressure.

The Jets should focus on what they do well,eat hotdogs on the sidelines during games,wipe boogers on each other and talk trash no matter how dumb they sound

fixed your post for you :cool:

now YOU are the one inventing things to "win" a point that is wrong from the start.

Look,the Jets DECLINED...that's reality...it happened

"If/then I weeee-un!!!" is fun if you're playing nonny nu nu kindergarten games of "I'm never wrong!!!"..the fact is there is NO POSSIBLE WAY to make any assumptions on your part tangible facts.The only fact here is YOU are wrong...the Jets DID NOT improve..they declined.

Now go play "I'm the winner!" in your bathroom mirror and make sure you flush....you're all backed up...

Did the Jets decline as a result of those trades? That's the question, Einstein, and it requires speculation to assess the value of those trades. One's record can change for a variety of reasons because there are a TON of things that change from one year to the next.

You really should look in that earthling dictionary of yours and find "correlation" and then "causation".

Last edited:

Yes, I agree 100%, and if I were running the show I would trade Sanchez to the highest bidder, but if you accept as a given that Sanchez is the guy, then lighting a fire under him makes perfect sense.

While we're on the subject, Bill Walsh brought in Steve Young, to some extent, to do exactly that to Joe Montana.

When I saw the topic, my mental picture was of a man being restrained and given a sedative injection! :D

Yes, I agree 100%, and if I were running the show I would trade Sanchez to the highest bidder, but if you accept as a given that Sanchez is the guy, then lighting a fire under him makes perfect sense.

While we're on the subject, Bill Walsh brought in Steve Young, to some extent, to do exactly that to Joe Montana.
The problem with that theory is that the "highest bidder" would be the Pottstown Firebirds. Of course, with the bloated contract the Jests just gave Sanchez, one could buy Pottstown or, for that matter, all of Pennsylvania (not that you'd get your money's worth with either deal...).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back