PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chandler Jones thought he was going to be a NY Jet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully it motivates him to play even better against them. In hindsight though, he sounds like more of a Patriot, while Coples with his "I'm gonna be in the pro bowl my rookie year" already sounds more like a Jet.

Hopefully it motivates him to play even better against them. In hindsight though, he sounds like more of a Patriot, while Coples with his "I'm gonna be in the pro bowl my rookie year" already sounds more like a Jet.

Let Couples be IN the pro bowl. Jones will be busy being the SB MVP.

Probably just another "promise" that Rex made and didn't keep.

Incredible draft for the jets. Coples is a self proclaimed Pro bowler, and that's what really matters Quint. Hill is a self proclaimed hybrid mix of Calvin Johnson and jerry Rice, being just one of them wouldn't do him justice. And according to foot in mouth Davis is Ray Lewis.

This team is going to the Pro Bowl, the only question is will there be an opponent to play when they get there?

Incredible draft for the jets. Coples is a self proclaimed Pro bowler, and that's what really matters Quint. Hill is a self proclaimed hybrid mix of Calvin Johnson and jerry Rice, being just one of them wouldn't do him justice. And according to foot in mouth Davis is Ray Lewis.

This team is going to the Pro Bowl, the only question is will there be an opponent to play when they get there?

Plus the acquisition of Tebow... almost heaven.

Plus the acquisition of Tebow... almost heaven.

Apparently, Rex didn't see Tebow in Foxboro. . . .

500x305-tebow-sacked-20120114.jpg

Then again, almost no one did. . . . :D

Last edited:
You're welcome, Chandler.

Apparently, Rex didn't see Tebow in Foxboro. . . .

500x305-tebow-sacked-20120114.jpg

Then again, almost no one did. . . . :D

I actually think the Tebow trade was a great move by the Jets.

I actually think the Tebow trade was a great move by the Jets.

From a Merchandising perspective,yes...anywhere Tebow goes,fans are going to buy Jerseys,Hats or anything with Tebow on it and that makes the owner of that team richer and the fans happy that they have a media icon which Tebow currently is.

I may not be in the majority but I think Sanchez overall is a better QB in terms of playing the position than Tebow is....but not by much.

From a Merchandising perspective,yes...anywhere Tebow goes,fans are going to buy Jerseys,Hats or anything with Tebow on it and that makes the owner of that team richer and the fans happy that they have a media icon which Tebow currently is.

I may not be in the majority but I think Sanchez overall is a better QB in terms of playing the position than Tebow is....but not by much.

- Tebow gives them the ability to run a solid wildcat, he's a very good RB and probably doesnt get enough credit for that because of his sub-par QB skill.

- Tebow will light a fire under Sanchez, whose poor work ethic and lack of leadership have become more and more apparent over time. With a guy like Tebow in the building, who excels those department which Sanchez lacks, you will likely see much better effort from Sanchez, making their offence better still. If you don't see any improved effort from Sanchez then it's obvious that he needs to go.

- If Tebow does develop as QB you could not ask for a better leader.

All that for a 4th round pick, steal!

- Tebow gives them the ability to run a solid wildcat, he's a very good RB and probably doesnt get enough credit for that because of his sub-par QB skill.

- Tebow will light a fire under Sanchez, whose poor work ethic and lack of leadership have become more and more apparent over time. With a guy like Tebow in the building, who excels those department which Sanchez lacks, you will likely see much better effort from Sanchez, making their offence better still. If you don't see any improved effort from Sanchez then it's obvious that he needs to go.

- If Tebow does develop as QB you could not ask for a better leader.

The only problem is that the Patriots may have given teams the proverbial "blueprint" for defeating Tebow. . . .

I like how people seem to have forgotten that the wildcat doesn't work in the NFL and especially not against this team. It worked once, because it was completely unexpected, now it's something that ****ty team resort to because they have nothing else. It was solved in the NFL years ago, brought back briefly by the Fins and now all of a sudden people talk about it like it's a legitimate part of a successful NFL offense. I hope the Jets think they are going to be the bestest wildcat team ever this year...

I do think Hill could be a gamer though.

Hey, you can't argue with success. The Jets have gotten incredible value in their trades. Santonio Holmes for a 5th? He was a team captain last year for Chrissakes. You can't buy leadership like that. Antonio Cromartie cost a 2nd, but the Jets weren't just getting Cromartie, they got his 10 kids in the trade, too. And 2 more since then. That's a whole future defense.

Based on those deals, I think we have some idea what we can expect from the Tebow trade.

The only problem is that the Patriots may have given teams the proverbial "blueprint" for defeating Tebow. . . .

How much of a blueprint do you need when dealing with a crap QB?:D

If Tebow works on his fundamentals and actually becomes a passer it'll be a different story.

The Green Beans interviewed Jones, checked his background, etc., and decided to pass because he wouldn't fit their locker room. His character is too high. :singing:

Worked out perfect as I can tell. He seems to be a classy decent young man so what better situation to be in than with Pats & "Patriot Way"
Anyone decent going to Jets will wind up bein caught in circus atmosphere and empty promises.

I'm sure Chandler knows how lucky he is...... A few picks later he goes from the possibility of playing for a circus organization (the NFL's version of the LA Clippers) to one of the best organization in professional sports. :rocker:

Hey, you can't argue with success. The Jets have gotten incredible value in their trades. Santonio Holmes for a 5th? He was a team captain last year for Chrissakes. You can't buy leadership like that. Antonio Cromartie cost a 2nd, but the Jets weren't just getting Cromartie, they got his 10 kids in the trade, too. And 2 more since then. That's a whole future defense.

Based on those deals, I think we have some idea what we can expect from the Tebow trade.

If they kept the 4th round pick they could have gotten a combination of Peyton Manning, Terry Bradshaw and Ken Stabler in one QB. Instead they have Tebow...a combination of Martin Gramatica, Jeff George and Father Maron.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down