PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chandler Jones=Super Bowl yrs Willie McGinest

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsfan55

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
As the resident Willie homer here...seriously, when he was on the team I had my focus on him EVERY SINGLE SNAP. Obviously I'd keep my eye on the ball but my focus was always on my Willie (lol, but seriously it was always on 55). When I watched film of Jones months ago I said to myself: wow it's like watching Willie post injuries. Controls his blocker, plays extremely well at the point of attack, sets the edge, always pursues the ball carrier down the field (remember Willie would always try to get those cheap half tackles by pouncing on the pile at the last second), always gets into the backfield rushing the passer but is usually a step too slow to get the sack. It's this last part that is VERY undervalued. In my mind Willie is a borderline Hall of Famer (clearly insanely biased) but because he didn't collect a ton of sacks will almost definitely never get there. But, it's not the sacks that made him great, it's the fact that he always pressured the qb to rush his throw. I think Chandler Jones is going to bring the exact same thing to the table. The PHYSICALITY on our front 7 just improved ten fold with Jones and Hightower. Can't wait to see the new look defense in action. FINALLY OUR PRAYERS HAVE BEEN ANSWERED!!!

Nicely said. Wish I'd seen more of Chandler Jones. Love his upside. I'm absolutely thrilled by Hightower though. Has taken the edge off my Barron disappointment.

There is an element of restoring last decade Pats with these moves. Two impact players for the front seven.

With some great coaching I truly think Chandler Jones can be a stud

Our front seven isn't a joke (akin to the Red Sox relief pitching) anymore:
(projected next yr contribution)
studs: Wilfork
great players: Mayo
very good players: Spikes, Chandler Jones, Hightower
good players: Love, Ninkovich, Fanene
okay players: Trevor Scott, Deaderick, Fletcher

And, most of these guys are on the upswing of their careers
Exciting day!

Chandler is much lankier than McGinest.

Coincidentally.... Dont'a Hightower LOOKS like Willie McGinest.

willie-mcginnest.jpg
275353185001_1494560783001_vs-1494544737001.jpg

We have our 'elephant' back?

SWEEEEET............

:rocker:

Let's not sing roxanne(Compare Chandler Jones to Willie)..

ried-roxanne.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back