PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chandler Jones season in jeopardy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome, right when we hit the gauntlet of 6 good teams. That 10 million in cap space is looking really bad right now given the lack of depth at LB and DE.

It sucks but people need to count
6 weeks from injury is Thanksgiving. Plays last 5 games.
Let's go Cassandra and say he's out 8 weeks. He'll be back last 3 regular season games all vs division rivals & tuned up for playoffs.

OK, OK, that assumes he's not had an amputation BB is keeping secret

Going from "about a month" to "minimum of 6 weeks" is quite a jump. Hopefully its closer to SMY's report, but our D needs help for the next few weeks.

Based on what, I wonder?

Darnit. I would imagine that our DB's are sure going to be busy.

We're going to be relying on a 6th round DII rookie for significant reps. So much for depth.
I still do not understand moving Buchanan to injured reserve. I cannot envision a scenario where the ankle sprain would have actually kept him out for more than 3-4 more weeks.

Just...Un...believe...able....

Once again, if the league wants to put the best product on the field "for the fans" they need to modify their IR rules and allow for >1 player to go out N>4 weeks and return.

I always thought it was stupid how a player simply can't return whenever they're ready

I always thought it was stupid how a player simply can't return whenever they're ready
It is sort of odd considering other major sports have disable lists for short periods and they do not suffer nearly the amount of injuries as the NFL. There should be a 4 week, 8 week, and 12 week injured reserve with no limitations in my opinion.

We are cursed. This is not even funny anymore.

airplane-panic-o.gif

Awesome, right when we hit the gauntlet of 6 good teams. That 10 million in cap space is looking really bad right now given the lack of depth at LB and DE.

$6m was freed up when Mankins was traded which happened on August 28th.

There goes the pass rush. Sigh.

As long as he is good to go in the playoffs...

Can we start sending Jamie Collins after the QB more often now?

I was expecting to see him used a lot more in a 'Von Miller' type role

Terrible news, hoping the report is wrong. No pass rush is going to kill this team vs broncos packers

Before we head to the Tobin, there is still a bit of uncertainty about how long he will be gone. Also, still three days until the trade deadline. I am going to sedate myself until Monday then reevaluate.

Mike Loyko ‏@NEPD_Loyko 35m35 minutes ago
Jones isn't done for the year, but "he's down indefinitely" was the quote I was given.

Mike Loyko ‏@NEPD_Loyko
38m38 minutes ago
I can definitely confirm @jeffphowe report. I actually heard earlier this week #Patriots were concerned Jones was done for the year.

Last edited:
It sucks but people need to count
6 weeks from injury is Thanksgiving. Plays last 5 games.
Let's go Cassandra and say he's out 8 weeks. He'll be back last 3 regular season games all vs division rivals & tuned up for playoffs.

OK, OK, that assumes he's not had an amputation BB is keeping secret

I'm not sure 3 games is going to be enough to get him back in game shape. Hopefully he'll be back around TG.

Good news is that BB might be forced to trade for a pass rusher that you can pair with CJ when he returns...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back