PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chandler Jones reportedly out for a month

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not only that but the name Darelle Revis is enough to cause Peyton to have fits, he alone gives me confidence we can shut him down and get a couple of picks in the process
I'd like the Patriots to force Welker, Sanders and Hillman to win them the game. Taking away Thomas and Thomas is an absolute must.

If there is one Qb I have faith the Patriots know how to beat in Foxboro, it's Peyton Manning.

If he went under the knife it's not a pointer my friend :)

Pointers are bone bruises. They suck but they should be played through.

Unless your name is Aqib Talib and you can't go in the biggest games in your entire career 2 yrs in a row, that is ;)

wow..just saw this on espn bottom line.

at least it's not season ending. maybe he comes back for the colts...don't see us defeating manning without some kind of pass rush.

we're so thin at LB/DL....i blame the hoodie.

Unless your name is Aqib Talib and you can't go in the biggest games in your entire career 2 yrs in a row, that is ;)
Hahaha very true dude. I think his deal was something in his hip cuff, IIRC, which is what I think Jones' injury is as well. The hip is such a ****ty little design. The biggest and most powerful muscles in the body flanked and stabilized by stuff the size of your forearm muscles. These athletes are all hips and it amazes me that we don't see more hip cuff injuries than we do in football.

tom's going to have to carry us

as usual. lol

If the one month report is right I expect him to miss 6 weeks. Since when has a pats player's initial injury timetable been spot on....?

It is amazing to me how many threads on this board get driven into the ditch by guys who start arguing about arguing and then just don't stop.

And it almost always involves the same person(s). So tedious!

If he went under the knife it's not a pointer my friend :)

Pointers are bone bruises. They suck but they should be played through.

He's been operated on? I haven't seen that reference.

Ayers had 6 sacks in 2012 FWIW.

so many pass rushes/de available in free agency and we sign old man will smith ( not the actor ) and cut him.

hey at least we have 15m in cap space.:)

so many pass rushes/de available in free agency and we sign old man will smith ( not the actor ) and cut him.

hey at least we have 15m in cap space.:)

In the big picture of things, that 10 million dollars that's currently available in cap room really isn't that much if they intend on carrying some over to next year/or plan on retaining either one of Revis/McCourty. It's actually a small drop in the bucket.

I think Belichick's ceiling for passrushers was around 4-5 million dollars per year, whereas guys like DeMarcus Ware and Jared Allen were bringing in twice that amount.

I do agree with you that I'd have liked to seen a better option than Will Smith or those usual bottom of the barrel kind of roster signings though.

This sucks. Right in the heart of our schedule, Cutler, Manning, Luck, Stafford, and Arron Rodgers. I'm sure we will find a way, we always do.

In the big picture of things, that 10 million dollars that's currently available in cap room really isn't that much if they intend on carrying some over to next year/or plan on retaining either one of Revis/McCourty. It's actually a small drop in the bucket.

I think Belichick's ceiling for passrushers was around 4-5 million dollars per year, whereas guys like DeMarcus Ware and Jared Allen were bringing in twice that amount.

I do agree with you that I'd have liked to seen a better option than Will Smith or those usual bottom of the barrel kind of roster signings though.
Extending Revis would decrease the cap significantly.

This sucks. Right in the heart of our schedule, Cutler, Manning, Luck, Stafford, and Arron Rodgers. I'm sure we will find a way, we always do.

The positive spin on things is that we only play 2 games between Thursday night's Jets game (Oct.16) and Nov.15th, which is a full month.

If Chandler can only miss two games due to the mini-bye and the real bye, the timing could be argued as being much better than it may initially appear. That's assuming that he could possibly return for the Nov.16th game at Indy, however, which is a big assumption.

Extending Revis would decrease the cap significantly.

Yes, we could gain another 5-8-10 million dollars by extending Revis depending on how the year one cap hit was structured.

The point stands, however--and could be replaced with any number of other players. We have Ridley, Vereen, Gostkowski, McCourty, etc.

The current 10 million dollars is not nearly as much room as he was making it out to be (not to mention the fact that he claimed it to be "15 million.")

I think it's safe to say that you are. He's been having an all pro season.

Yours is a voice I respect as you know a LOT more about football than I do. Is what I'm seeing on the edge an illusion, or do you think it's some other reason if it's not?

A Denver loss will feel like a play off loss unless we avenge it in the real play offs.

Everything about that team just pisses me off. The year Peyton starts copying our offense, he gets our slot receiver and Aaron Hernandez goes to jail. This will be the second time we've played them with a ton of key injuries.

I hate having to worry about losing to Denver.

Peyton has been evening the scale of his head to heads with Brady.

Sucks big time.

Edit: Actually, Brady is 2-1 against him since his return.

Just goes to show you, losing to Peyton once feels like losing to him a thousand times.

Media :(

no...bad, sad news...:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes