PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chandler Jones reportedly out for a month

Status
Not open for further replies.
And this is why you need to have 2 elite pass rushers like Denver, so you're not screwed when one goes down.

I really hope this is some form of sarcasm that I'm just not detecting. You do realize how hard it is to have an elite pass rusher, let alone two?

OMG. Ya'll are like a bunch of junkyard dogs gnawin' on a bone with this Kelly stuff. Sheesh. The dude played five games for the Pats. He's 33 years old rehabbing a torn ACL. Belichick released him. Big whoop. Let it go already.....

well **** there goes our entire pass rush. That tough stretch just got a whole lot harder and their terrible depth at DL and LB has really come back to hurt them. Who would have thought that

And now we see why there was a large contingent of people who wanted to see the Pats do more along the DL and build a rotation of pass rushers. I don't mind both signings today, but I'm struggling to think of where the pass rush will come from, short of consistently blitzing.

As an aside, some of you are serious quitters, already giving up on the Denver game because of this.

He used to torch the Pats all the time. He was not only quick but accurate too.

Marino often threw from his elbow instead of shoulder so his release was like... half the time of other QBs. Today scouts would say he had bad mechanics. But nobody thought that when he was torching defenses. But yes, that release was fast. Haven't seen the like since.

Everyone wants to talk about Tommy Kelly but the real mistake was when Belichick pushed Michael Buchanan to injured reserve to clear a roster spot for a freaking special teams LB. Buchanan had an ankle injury that is likely healed by now. That was the F up.

Manning consistently pukes on his shoes in big games. Pass rush was non existent last year and won the regular season game. This team can beat anyone in the NFL, especially with 3 months to get used to each other on D and the Oline

Manning consistently pukes on his shoes in big games. Pass rush was non existent last year and won the regular season game. This team can beat anyone in the NFL, especially with 3 months to get used to each other on D and the Oline
Not only that but the name Darelle Revis is enough to cause Peyton to have fits, he alone gives me confidence we can shut him down and get a couple of picks in the process

Not only that but the name Darelle Revis is enough to cause Peyton to have fits, he alone gives me confidence we can shut him down and get a couple of picks in the process

True, I'm terrified of Von Miller and Demarcus Ware. Vollmer and Solder have so much trouble with speed rushers...

True, I'm terrified of Von Miller and Demarcus Ware. Vollmer and Solder have so much trouble with speed rushers...
Demarcus Ware would have looked good in a Pats jersey huh Bill...

Am I the only one who has been unhappy with Jones' play this year? I thought he was just as guilty at not setting the edge as Nink, and I can't count the number of times he's taken an inside move only to watch the QB or RB bounce around contain for a free run.

This is not to say that I'm pleased to hear he's out or injured, as it's not like we've got a lot of depth or someone waiting in the wings who will be better at it.

how did kelly pop up in this convo anyways?

Well this f@ckin sucks.

Our only pure pass rusher gone and in the next six games (if he's out that long), the QBs we have to face are: Cutler, Peyton, Luck, Stafford, Rodgers, Rivers.

Am I the only one who has been unhappy with Jones' play this year?

I think it's safe to say that you are. He's been having an all pro season.

Demarcus Ware would have looked good in a Pats jersey huh Bill...

I mean sure? But I was commenting on their duo against our tackles when we play them. Way to take my post out of context

He is probably right. That does looks painful. Hopefully not a hip pointer.
If he went under the knife it's not a pointer my friend :)

Pointers are bone bruises. They suck but they should be played through.

Reactions: PP2
Unfukcingbelievable....when will this team be injury free???? Law of averages says Some of the other contenders should lose some guys...

I think it's worth noting amid the mass hysteria that the guy is gonna be out for 4-6 weeks, not the season. It's also worth noting that while the loss is certainly significant, the team will be getting a fresh 95 back for when it matters. That part is truly significant.

Dare I say... Michael Sam a practice squad signee to see what he can bring, if anything?

steve-carell.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes