Welcome to PatsFans.com

Chandler Jones or Andre Branch at #27?

Discussion in 'Patriots Draft Talk' started by State, Apr 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. manxman2601

manxman2601 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +655 / 7 / -2

#24 Jersey

This thread is why we talk about the draft in a forum rather than doing it in a warroom.

2. Ochmed Jones

Ochmed Jones Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +30 / 2 / -1

#12 Jersey

Jone's film showed a player able to play the pass and run and add in the long arms and I see why BB drafted him. Once Jones masters using his hands better, his ability to pass rush will get better.

Hightower's ability to track RB's out of the backfield on swing passes and check downs was the best I have seen on the college level in a long time. I think Hightower is going to not only excel in our defense, but also become a leader for our defense. I am so glad BB went back up and got him.

3. Off The Grid

Off The Grid Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +303 / 5 / -0

#3 Jersey

Heh!! Yeah...Some Brothers have Rage issues!! :D

4. jsull87

jsull87 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +79 / 3 / -0

I can admit i was a bit off this year in my selections. If i remember correctly i liked Brockers at 27 and Upshaw at 31. I am pretty sure i had Jenkins in there as well.

Jones only came on my radar late and Hightower i am sorry to say was no where near my list even on draft day as i was looking for DeCastro to come in and play RG for us.

I am very happy with how our draft turned out though, wouldn't change a thing so far... ok maybe i liked Jeffery in the 2nd over wilson but he was gone thats it still no complaints

5. Avenger

Avenger Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +87 / 4 / -1

#11 Jersey

I had Hightower going to is in a few of my mocks, some said he would not get past the Steelers, but i predicted they needed a guard more, and I was right. That was the only thing I predicted correctly though with regards to the Pats.

6. mayoclinic

mayoclinic PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,845 / 6 / -6

Good call. I didn't have DeCastro lasting that long, and I had the Steelers taking either Poe (if he lasted) or Hightower. Glad you were right and I was wrong.

7. captain stone

captain stone Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +304 / 60 / -29

No Jersey Selected

Because Bill had to pass on DeCastro to double-dip for help with his pathetic defense, 2013
    must be the year that he double-dips for help on the OL, incl. an OT to replace the unreliable SeaBass.

8. jsull87

jsull87 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +79 / 3 / -0

Although the way you phrase it is annoying i agree with your premise, i do think that next year is a year you will see us take another tackle in one of the 1st 3 rounds if a servicable swing backup doesn't come up in FA.

9. manxman2601

manxman2601 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +655 / 7 / -2

#24 Jersey

I agree with you that as things stand, double dipping on the OL is probably both likely and warranted. However, there is some cause for optimism. Both Solder and Cannon are not where a usual second year player should be considering the lack of a full pre-season last year. Throw in Solder playing plenty of reps at TE rather than LT and Cannon's leukemia and I'm more interested in how they progress through the year rather than judging their performances as they are right now. And who knows, Vollmer might have an injury free year. It's not beyond the realms of possibility that going into the next draft, we might be talking about OT as a position of long-term strength with three young promising players at the position.

But I will be looking at OL's this season quite closely when I watch CFB.

10. captain stone

captain stone Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +304 / 60 / -29

No Jersey Selected

Optimism re: Solder & Vollmer may be warrented; however, Marcus Cannon should never again play RT when TFB is under Center. An OT must be a top-100 priority for next year's draft.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.