PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chandler Jones Is a Mediocre Player

Status
Not open for further replies.
He still needs to improve against the run. The Chiefs purposely and blatantly ran to the left all day yesterday. Eric Fisher owned him.
I think the Chiefs just ran behind their high first round (was he #1 overall?) left tackle. There's no reason the Chiefs would have targeted Chandler over anyone else on that front. They didn't need to target anybody. They did what they wanted all game long.
Bad excuses. So if other players sucked, he can suck too? And then you call him solid. That's a good one.
Throwing out the possibility of a domino effect is kind of ridiculous. Great players typically have great supporting casts. Not saying Jones is great, but his supporting cast isn't helping the problem. If Wilfork of 2014 were half as good as Wilfork of 2012, Chandler Jones wouldn't be getting teed off on every other play.

Siliga's absence being a big deal says everything that needs to be said about the talent on the d-line.

He's being given a ton of responsibility against the run. On any run inside him, he's crashing inside to help Vellano/Jones inside. On any outside run, he's responsible for the edge. The Chiefs' solution to that was to fake inside and then go outside, followed by inside runs right at Jones/Jones/Vellano when Chandler wasn't cheating inside. Jones wasn't the only problem, though. LBs were biting inside and late getting outside too.

Overrated.

As far as starting a thread goes this is as weak an attempt as they get. The mods should have deleted it for total lack of substance. If you want to make this as an argument then by all means do so but simply saying "overrated" is completely pathetic. However I will give you a pass on it because I have no doubt it actually reflected your depth of knowledge on the subject.

It is shame this forum has deteriorated to a point where garbage like this is acceptable, if it keeps up this place will deteriorate to the point where JI is.

There are many people who post here that can offer well written and insightful posts about the Patriots and how they are playing at any time, but if threads like this dominate the forum then it will really suck.

Atleast he is still better than your binky Derek Wolfe. Who would be solving all our problems right now. Amirite?

He just listed 10 players who all by your definition aren't solid players. If that's sounds like horseshit, it's because your barometer is off. Chandler Jones is most certainly solid, by every imaginable definition. I just wish he was more consistent and displayed better technique and awareness game in and game out.

My barometer is certainly not off. Many of those listed were solid players. If they would still be they wouldn't have made Oakland look like a NFL team.

Brady, far from solid, forcing throws, bad picks, one of the worst statistics for a QB now. If his name wasn't Brady you can bet there would be a big QB controversy right now.
Wilfork has sucked for 2 seasons now in a row. Looks like a shadow of the former dominant NT.
Mayo - he makes me miss Spikes, which I would never had believed before this season.
Revis - Tanehill and A Smith weren't afraid to go after him, with great success.
Gronk looks still banged up from the injuries.

i wouldnt go so far as to say mediocre......he's good

i just wouldnt be expecting him to be the heir to seymour as our "elite" DE.....or whatever position you wanna call him

i had this from the beginning.......joker almost beat me up over it

Mediocre is repulsive. He is a good player but not elite yet. He isn't that feared dominator like Watt Quinn Houston. He has the ability to be great but he is being mishandled. Somebody is coaching him his game is pure quickness and technique. He does not have the explosiveness of Houston, he needs to use all of his tools to be great. When Mayock envisioned him being elite, it was because he had the big frame to fill out to 280 lbs with no loss in quickness. If he added that power element to his very good but not great burst along with his elite flexibility, long arms,high revving motor and moves he would be a 15-20 sack guy. He could easily mature to 280 with no loss in quickness or athleticism.

As far as starting a thread goes this is as weak an attempt as they get. The mods should have deleted it for total lack of substance. If you want to make this as an argument then by all means do so but simply saying "overrated" is completely pathetic. However I will give you a pass on it because I have no doubt it actually reflected your depth of knowledge on the subject.

It is shame this forum has deteriorated to a point where garbage like this is acceptable, if it keeps up this place will deteriorate to the point where JI is.

There are many people who post here that can offer well written and insightful posts about the Patriots and how they are playing at any time, but if threads like this dominate the forum then it will really suck.
I agree with your sentiment as a whole (although I am more of a lurker) although I should point out that in this thread's case...I think the OP went back and edited a two week old post that had previously been a positive view of Chandler Jones that actually contained insight in the original post (could be wrong, not sure if anyone "quoted" the original). Then, upon last night's horror show it looks like they went in and deleted the original post and updated it: "Overrated"

Not trying to justify the action of changing the content of the original post, just trying to say that wasn't how this particular thread started which is probably why it wasn't deleted or merged by the mods. I guess I'm more so defending the mods on letting this one go.

This thread was started a few weeks ago and was originally titled "Chandler Jones Appreciation Thread." The OP changed the title and original post today after watching last night's game.

Nah dude, Chandler Jones, Devin McCourty and Jerod Mayo are all ALL-PRO elite talents who deserve to get paid big time

*eye-roll*

Well, should first rd picks pull disappearing acts as often as c jones? His complete lack of productivity in the playoffs and the second half of the season is eye opening. ..last night was just another unproductive game of the many in his career. Hope he plays better

The OP is a turd who never says anything positive. What do you expect?

I think this team will have a bright future once Belichick and Brady are gone, and once we get some real talent on the Dline (and Oline, obviously.) Jimmy Garoppolo has a great career ahead of him and if we surround him with talent, he will take us to where we belong - atop the league.

How's that for being positive, you turd?

BTW Chandler Jones is still mediocre. This thread was originally titled "C Jones Appreciation Thread." That was when he had me fooled with his great play against putrid competition.

Well, should first rd picks pull disappearing acts as often as c jones? His complete lack of productivity in the playoffs and the second half of the season is eye opening. ..last night was just another unproductive game of the many in his career. Hope he plays better

well, chandler plays 100% of the snaps. we have no depth behind him or rob so it's natural that they get tired as the season goes on.

overall, a front line is weak. vince looks done..

I think this team will have a bright future once Belichick and Brady are gone, and once we get some real talent on the Dline (and Oline, obviously.) Jimmy Garoppolo has a great career ahead of him and if we surround him with talent, he will take us to where we belong - atop the league.

How's that for being positive, you turd?

BTW Chandler Jones is still mediocre. This thread was originally titled "C Jones Appreciation Thread." That was when he had me fooled with his great play against putrid competition.

Funny, I gave you three games where Jones had good games against good to great offenses with elite QBs (at least two of them) and you continue this falicy of Jones only performs against mediocre teams.

Funny, I gave you three games where Jones had good games against good to great offenses with elite QBs (at least two of them) and you continue this falicy of Jones only performs against mediocre teams.

You posted stats. Stats are meaningless without context. As a prime example, our D is still ranked top 5 in total yards allowed and #1 in passing yards allowed, but we all know we do not have a top 5 D.

I don't remember him making an impact in the Seattle game. I will give you the Saints game - he had a big sack at the end. That's about the only time he has stepped up against a good team. Even then, it took the Saints basically giving us every opportunity to make a miraculous comeback with their terrible playcalling.

You posted stats. Stats are meaningless without context. As a prime example, our D is still ranked top 5 in total yards allowed and #1 in passing yards allowed, but we all know we do not have a top 5 D.

I don't remember him making an impact in the Seattle game. I will give you the Saints game - he had a big sack at the end. That's about the only time he has stepped up against a good team. Even then, it took the Saints basically giving us every opportunity to make a miraculous comeback with their terrible playcalling.

LOL! So if Jones has 2 sacks (one a strip sack) and 9 tackles, it is just stats.

Why not just state that you are right and anyone disagree with you are wrong. You have no interest in debating this topic. You are only interested in ramming your opinions down people's throats. You are the worst type of poster. I wish we could trade you for Jim Harbaugh.

BTW, Chandler Jones was the AFC Defensive Player of the Month last November. The teams the Pats' faced in November were Pittsburgh, Carolina, and Denver (they had a bye that month). If he sucked against two quality opponents like Carolina and Denver, how in the hell did he win that honor only having one good game the entire month?

Also, he is the only Patriots' player to earn that honor in the last decade. Eugene Wilson last won it in 2004.

From the Boston Globe for that month:

In three games, Jones recorded 16 tackles, 4 sacks, and 6 quarterback hits; he now has 10½ sacks for the season and 19 quarterback hits, both team highs.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2...layer-month/BAvf9CdpsETZqbSZrzU9VJ/story.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down