Status
Not open for further replies.

Brady_to_Moss

28-3....
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Sucks about jones. Gotta get pressure from somewhere else now

Coples will still suck by comparison.

Hopefully this forces them to stay aggressive on defense.

I'm hoping Talib continues to give them more confidence in their blitzes.

Sucks about jones. Gotta get pressure from somewhere else now

Missing a walkthrough is hardly indicative of whether or not they're going to play. Mankins most likely will be playing.

Jones looked fine walking off the field. We seem to be very cautious with injuries anyway.

Missing a walkthrough is hardly indicative of whether or not they're going to play. Mankins most likely will be playing.

Why would they miss the walk thru???

Early Christmas shopping. They'll be returning home too late to get enough sleep before the Black Friday sales start.

really? :bricks:

Early Christmas shopping. They'll be returning home too late to get enough sleep before the Black Friday sales start.

I thought it was pretty clear that Brady's "video game" comment was aimed at Mankins ....

Breer just tweeted:

1mAlbert Breer‏@AlbertBreer

Patriots TE Aaron Hernandez will play Thursday, barring any late setbacks, and despite being limited today. Been out since mid-October.

I could see a vet like Mankins playing without practicing all week. Not a rookie like Jones. We did OK after he went out. Might be time for him to take a seat between the injury and workload and timing rookie wall wise with basically 2 weeks to rest up for the stretch run.

I'm not surprised that Jones missed the walkthrough...that rookie wall is a beatch to walk through when it strikes....
waitasec.gif

Breer just tweeted:

Patriots TE Aaron Hernandez will play Thursday, barring any late setbacks, and despite being limited today. Been out since mid-October.

I could see a vet like Mankins playing without practicing all week. Not a rookie like Jones. We did OK after he went out. Might be time for him to take a seat between the injury and workload and timing rookie wall wise with basically 2 weeks to rest up for the stretch run.

I would agree that there really is no controversy in resting a pretty key player on a short week, when you can give him 2 weeks rest to properly heal and come back just fine for the Miami game on Dec.2nd.

I don't expect Jones to play, I actually think it would be a bad move to play him on Thursday.

They may also err on the side of caution with Mankins too, as I think the longer period of time before the next game may factor into both of these injury decisions.

It's all about managing the injuries, especially at this point in the season, and Belichick seems to do a nice job of that.

Breer just tweeted:

What are we talking about 1 practice? Not missing much that you can't get in the classroom at this point in the season.

Pats don't do gameplan installations during the short week, they do it the week before and just review during the turnaround period and with the amount of time Mankins has been in this system, it's extremely unlikely there was anything new for him to learn.

I would be surprised if he didn't play. Conversely, I wouldn't be surprised if Jones played.

I could see Mankins playing having missed just these few days of practice, but he didn't practice at all last week either. I think he needs to get at least one practice in before trying to play.

I could see Mankins playing having missed just these few days of practice, but he didn't practice at all last week either. I think he needs to get at least one practice in before trying to play.

We all know Mankins is a BEAST but our OL have had some of their better games without him.:bricks:

No jones or mankins tomorrow night

No Jones or Mankins tomorrow night is probably for the best. Getting these guys back healthy for the playoffs is what's important.

When Jones pointed at his leg and they were flexing his ankle, I got nervous and thought "Achilles". But I would imagine if that was the problem we'd have heard by now, right? I mean, we heard about Gronk's fracture in a matter of hours...

Tougher to win with those two out.

O - line has been stout.

So begins the Jake Bequette road to canton :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots