PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chances we make 4 picks in Rounds 1 - 2???

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Chances we make the 4 picks in the first 2 rounds

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

IcyPatriot

Wall of Fame
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
So ... how about this draft game.

What are the chances we make 4 picks in the 1st two rounds this year?

I'm going to guess 25% ... ;)

I think the chances are pretty darned good, actually. There's excellent depth at 22-53, and the Pats already have another #1 for next year. I wouldn't be surprised by a trade down from 22 to net a 3rd rounder, but I still erxpect a total of 4 in 1 & 2.

I think the chances are pretty darned good, actually. There's excellent depth at 22-53, and the Pats already have another #1 for next year. I wouldn't be surprised by a trade down from 22 to net a 3rd rounder, but I still erxpect a total of 4 in 1 & 2.

I tend to agree....with the talent in this depth running as deep as it does, I would expect it...although it's possible that one of those 2s becomes an early-mid 3rd.

BB is not taking round 3 off...whather its a trade with Thomas involved or some other deal like a trade of one of the second round picks,it will be done.

NE will have a pick in the 3rd one way or the other...book it

I think the chances are pretty darned good, actually. There's excellent depth at 22-53, and the Pats already have another #1 for next year.
I agree. Plenty of value with all four of those picks. I'll be both surprised and disappointed if the Pats don't make four picks in the first two rounds in this draft.

BB is not taking round 3 off...whather its a trade with Thomas involved or some other deal like a trade of one of the second round picks,it will be done.

NE will have a pick in the 3rd one way or the other...book it
I know several people are of the opinion that the Pats will find a way obtain a third round pick, but I don't see why they need to do that. The way I see it it's as if they already have a 3rd; they just get a bonus of being able to use it early, in the middle of the 2nd. Why be concerned with not having a 3rd; you would still have had more picks (4) than rounds (3) when the third is complete.

With 50+ players graded as being worthy of a first-round pick the best value is in the second round and late in the first round, in my opinion.

This draft in very deep and our first three picks could potentially be 3 guys that in any other year, might have 1st round grades.

Then BB uses his last second rounder as a second rounder.

Unless BB does something bold, like trade up for Suh, I expect him to stay put on day #1 and #2 and bring in the talent.

This draft in very deep and our first three picks could potentially be 3 guys that in any other year, might have 1st round grades.

Then BB uses his last second rounder as a second rounder.

Unless BB does something bold, like trade up for Suh, I expect him to stay put on day #1 and #2 and bring in the talent.

If you mean "stay with four picks," I'll give you good odds of that. If you mean "not make any trades at all," I don't agree: NE has made a trade in the first two rounds of every draft under BB.

If somebody offered a 2nd next year and a mid 3rd this year for one of our 2nd's I would not pass that up.

If somebody offered a 2nd next year and a mid 3rd this year for one of our 2nd's I would not pass that up.

Depends who - if it's the Lions I would take it, if it's the Colts I wouldn't :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back