PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chances of BoB leaving?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sure hope he stays in New England.

Haven't teams learned to stop picking off the Belichick tree yet? Whatever, as long as we got BB and Brady.

If some team offered him a HC job I wouldn't blame the guy. But I think he'd have to be nuts to take an OC position elsewhere that isn't New Orleans or Greenbay. Why'd you leave one of the best offensive teams to go to KC for the same position unless the money was significantly different.

Wouldn't blame him if he wanted to leave, but I sure hope he doesn't.

I'm well on the BoB band wagon. I think too many fans give to much credit to Brady, Welker, Gronk etc. when things go well and then immediately pin the blame on BoB wen things go sour without looking at the execution on the field.

One of the better OCs in the league for last two seasons.

Last edited:
I bet Penn State will be calling soon...

On that note,word out is that the Nittany Lions are going hard after our former beloved coach Eric Mangini

Dungy just turned them down

I can't imagine he will get any offers as a HC this soon, although he could get an interview or two. The KC gig as an OC with HCing aspirations is a possibility if Josh doesn't take it. Daboll will also likely be back on the market. I could also see Mangini there as a DC too, with both he and Josh auditioning for the HC job when RAC is done. RAC and Mangini remained friends post sypgate.

As for the Penn State interest, reportedly that's a long list of basically anyone who will take their phone calls.

O'Brien:
Thanks for your good year so far, and thanks for your air-clearing nutty on T. Brady. Until proven otherwise, all Belichick coordinators does not a successful NFL coach make.

Its amazing that people love this guy.I thought the playcalling was bad agains t the dolphins.I never been a fan of his.He worries me in a big spot in the playoffs with the playcalling.

I don't see it happening. I think young Patriots O.C.s will have to wait longer, rightly or wrongly, because of how McDaniels' stint in Denver played out.

Its amazing that people love this guy.I thought the playcalling was bad agains t the dolphins.I never been a fan of his.He worries me in a big spot in the playoffs with the playcalling.

I'm not sure where you think there was an issue, since we could see that the problem was almost 100% related to o-line issues and miscommunications between Brady and the receivers. The playcalling was certainly fine when the Patriots were reeling off 27 unanswered points after getting those problems resolved.

B.O.B's agent working hard I see...

Wouldn't blame him if he wanted to leave, but I sure hope he doesn't.

I'm well on the BoB band wagon. I think too many fans give to much credit to Brady, Welker, Gronk etc. when things go well and then immediately pin the blame on BoB wen things go sour without looking at the execution on the field.

One of the better OCs in the league for last two seasons.

Hereabouts we call that the NEM syndrome. In his case it wasn't even about winning, it was about style points. Hated Charlie too. It exists in almost every fan base because it's easier to replace a coordinator with someone else's retread name they know like Norv or Shotsie, Jr. than it is to wholesale replace players...

I think OC's from here will always struggle in transition because there aren't many QB's like Brady capable of running this sytem.

What O.C wouldn't look good with Brady anyway?

I don't see it happening. I think young Patriots O.C.s will have to wait longer, rightly or wrongly, because of how McDaniels' stint in Denver played out.

Agreed, but he might be angling for a College HC job. Either way, I like Billy and hope he stays.

Last edited:
B.O.B's agent working hard I see...

I don't believe coaches in this league beneath the HC level even have agents. Management has always frowned on that.

I don't believe coaches in this league beneath the HC level even have agents. Management has always frowned on that.

Oh Really? Did not know that. Thanks for the clarification.

I could not agree more.....I wouldn't be shedding alot of tears if some team is stupid enough to hire this guy. Look at McD.....guy destroyed Denver single handedly...and now is playing a big role in the implosion that has occurred in St. Louis. When are these GM's in the league going to realize that there is ONLY ONE BB....and just because a promoted ball boy gets to hold the clipboard and learn at the heels of Bill Belichick...the football genius factor is not going to be absorbed into their brains like osmosis!!!

I think BoB like McD before him has poor creativity and can not make adjustments on average at the half. I think Brady probably overrides alot of BoB's inadequate coaching and changes plays at LOS.....

As previously mentioned, the Dolphins game wasn't on O'Brien in the first half. how we got out of the cr*p we were in was well and truly on him however...with a bit of help from DS too (I hate trying to spell his name out and can never be bothered to learn :p).

When you lose Light in pre game and Mankins just minutes in, your game plan goes out of the window. Solder can no longer be used in your heavy 3 TE packages we love so much either...then the Dolphins just blitzed the hell out of the line.

O'Brien countered it by spreading the formation out pretty well in the second half...kind of like with the defense in the Denver game, he effectively came up with a new game plan in about 10-20 minutes. Whatever DS did to mentor his O Line was genius too.

Players execute yes, but they can't execute unless their coaches put them in position to execute...the Steelers game was a class example (and just about the only one this year) where the coaches failed to adjust and put us in position to execute.

I could not agree more.....I wouldn't be shedding alot of tears if some team is stupid enough to hire this guy. Look at McD.....guy destroyed Denver single handedly...and now is playing a big role in the implosion that has occurred in St. Louis. When are these GM's in the league going to realize that there is ONLY ONE BB....and just because a promoted ball boy gets to hold the clipboard and learn at the heels of Bill Belichick...the football genius factor is not going to be absorbed into their brains like osmosis!!!

I think BoB like McD before him has poor creativity and can not make adjustments on average at the half. I think Brady probably overrides alot of BoB's inadequate coaching and changes plays at LOS.....

The bolded part is complete nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye