PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Champions League 2008/9

Manu 1-0 Arsenal
I'm glad I didn't go out to watch the game. Another poor match according to 5Live radio.
By all accounts, Arsenal will go home happy with that score. Played for a draw. Manu favs to go through.
Hope the 2nd legs are better.

2nd Leg

Arsenal 1-3 Manu (1-4)
Manu are through to the final in Rome after easily defeating Arsenal in London last night. Leading 1-0 from the first leg, 2 goals in the first 11min killed of Arsenal's chances. Arsenal then needed to score 4 which they never were going to do. Manu sat back and easily defended their lead, then tried to hit them on the break, which they did to score the 3rd. Arsenal got a consolation goal late on via the penalty spot.

Hopefully they will play Barca there!

Wengers stubborness is Killing Arsenal. He needs to accept that squad isn't strong enough and his policy of using kids will not work in the big games and over the course of a season. He's also harming their development by putting them in high pressure situations were they can't enjoy their football and grow into the players they will become. Fernando Torres is a prime example of a world class talent who regressed because he was put under so much pressure at Madrid. Fabregas is fast becoming another Torres.

Established talent in their back four would go a long, long way to helping Arsenal. Toure and Gallas hate each other, Toure wanted to leave and Gallas is a moaning ponce. One needs to go and a world class centre half needs to come in and be the man to lead that defence.

Man U looked unstoppable yesterday. I thought they'd been sputtering a bit, but since that 5 goal second half against Spurs, they've been great.

As a fan of the French team, Gallas needs to get the heck out of Arsenal. He's still a top center back, but needs to go elsewhere. I have a great deal of respect for Wenger, I think he's a great coach. I like how he builds with youth. But the game isn't what it was 10 years ago - players don't have the same loyalty. He isn't going to have a player like Henry for 10 years - they are going to leave for places like Barca, Inter, and the other bigger clubs.

Here's to hoping for a Barca-Man U final.

What a ridiculous goal from Essien.

2nd Leg Result

Chelsea 1-1 Barcelona Aggregate result 1-1, Barca win on away goals rule.

The final that all neutrals wanted,

Barcelona v Manu

Not normaly one for bitterness but I'm absolutely delighted them pricks have lost, Drogba at the end was very funny indeed.

Barca didn't half make a job of it though, trouble is also both full backs are out the final, Alves and Abidal.

Delighted.

27th May 2009

The final kicks off in Rome in 10mins time. Manu look to have the stronger team. Barca have injuries to key players.
My head says Manu win, :(, my heart says Barca!! :D

Barca 1-0 Manu
Barca score after 10mins, Samuel E'to :D

Halftime
Barcelona 1-0 Manu

Manu started well, but it ended up with Barca toying with them!
For Mancs, it is vital they score next. If not, Barca will win easy.
Ronaldo is the only danger player for Manu so far.
Barca have them all over the park!

70min
Barca 2-0 Manu

Lionel Messi scores with a beautiful header :D

Full time in Rome

Barca 2-0 Manu

An easier than expected victory. Well deserved. :D
Congratulations to the new Champions of Europe.
What a player in Andres Innesta. Simply wonderful. :D

Mancs were overwhelmed tonight, part tactical as United gave them space in key areas but mostly due to the sheer quality Barca possess right now. Even when they did close down they couldn't get near Barca for 80 mins, for the first ten United looked like they might be out of sight come the half. Guardiola has created history and has this squad playing and working like the world class side they are, they've been a joy to watch all season.

Football lesson duly delivered.

I felt Man U would take full advantage of Barca playing without Dani Alves and Abidal. I know Puyol is a world class defender, but I'm not used to seeing him play out wide.

It started brightly for Man U, and I thought they were sure to break through quite early on, but boy did Eto'o strike change EVERYTHING. Sure Man U came close to scoring a couple of times, but I never really felt like Barca was going to lose after Eto'o's goal. Barca thoroughly dominated for the final 80 minutes.

I'd thrilled for Henry - one of my personal favorites. Now he has won everything there is to win in football. What a class act.

I really expected given the key injuries to Barca that Man-U would win this. Shows that any team on any given day can win. Great win by Barca in this game.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back