PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Champions Are Made Not Born

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mike,
read a couple of your stories now, and you have some good thoughts to share. Please take no offense; but the keyboard has a carriage return. You could dramatically improve readability by using it about two-three times more per article.

Last edited:
For some reason it doesn't work when I post it? Ian has had to change it for me each time. Sorry about that!

Sorry, but I completely lost the message due to what I considered to be very poor examples in the article. Before you dismiss DeSean Jackson and lump him in with "piss poor role models" like Albert Haynesworth and Charlie Sheen do a simple internet search on his name. The autofill on google leads you to "DeSean Jackson bully". You might want to watch that video or read one of the many articles about that video.

Then for examples of the opposite - i.e., the positive role models that are "classy" you include Peyton Manning, Kobe Bryant and Adrian Peterson? Are you kidding?

Did you completely miss the uproar from just a couple months ago about Peterson when he equated being an NFL player to "modern-day slavery"? Did you completely miss the uproar from just a month ago when Bryant called an NBA ref a gay slur? Did you completely miss the time he pushed Shaq and Phil Jackson out of LA? Did you completely miss the rape case? Did you completely miss the rape case and the out of court settlement?

If you missed all those then you obviously also missed Peyton Manning teabagging a female trainer when at Tennessee, and paying her off with an out of court settlement - only to turn around and years later bring it up in an autobiography, saying she should have shrugged it off and that she had a vulgar mouth.

The concept of the column was fine; the examples used were anything but.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes