PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Champ Bailey on Champ Bailey - "It was a great play by me."

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeSixPat

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Not really sour grapes here - the Broncos won, we lost, no excuses...

But I can't help but feel bothered by Champ Bailey's quote from the AP...

“It was a great play by me,†Bailey said. “I made the play, but it was something we’d talked about the whole game.â€

and as great a player as he is, that type of self centered "me first" approach over the team spirit strikes me as something I wouldn't want on my team. That sort of TOish attitude will catch up with a team sooner or later.

Just my $.02

I would still be cleaning the crap out of my drawers if it were me because he came inches away from becoming Leon Lett Jr.

An arrogant a**hole... like most corners.

Last edited:
despite the hustle of the pats TE it was a great play by champ, he baited tom brady into the throw then picked it and ran 100 yards with it. Thats about as a good an individual play as there can be in football.

drew4008 said:
An arrogant a**hole... like most corners.

Show me a CB that isn't arrogant and I'll show you a CB that is sitting on the bench. You have to be arrogant to be a CB because it's just you and that receiver all by yourself. If you second guess yourself, you're done.

huskeralk said:
Show me a CB that isn't arrogant and I'll show you a CB that is sitting on the bench. You have to be arrogant to be a CB because it's just you and that receiver all by yourself. If you second guess yourself, you're done.
But keep it to yourself. Why be a prick to the media?

drew4008 said:
But keep it to yourself. Why be a prick to the media?

Well, he did mention "We" in the sentence. :D

The comment is right. The team practiced and discussed this situation. He executed. Of course, had the ref's call gone the other way, he could ahve been the goat of the game.

huskeralk said:
Show me a CB that isn't arrogant and I'll show you a CB that is sitting on the bench.

I think that whole theory about CBs having to be ***holes is bs.

#28 Darrell Green

Cornerback 1983-2002
Known as one of the fastest players in NFL history… Redskins' career interception leader with 54… Longest current tenure with one team in all of pro sports… Longest career in franchise history… Recorded six career interceptions for touchdowns… Most memorable moments with the Redskins were being drafted and playing in three Super Bowls… Proudest accomplishment is playing 20 years with the same team and "living with integrity"… Says greatest inspiration comes from "being mindful of the fact that playing in the NFL is a privilege and not a right"… The Redskins "brought me to D.C., where I found my wife, friends, church and a community to serve"… Lists Tim Johnson as most admired teammate…

After retiring from football, devoted time to developing the Darrell Green Youth Life Foundation learning centers in the Washington, D.C. area and on a national basis.

green_darrell.jpg

Darrell Green is/was a class act.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes