PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chadiha: Chargers locking up playbooks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't agree with this comment.

However, just as with having an assistant watch for signals during a game, that information is used generally for future preparation, not for current contests as the Patriots were apparently trying to do at halftime Sunday.

I don't agree with this comment.

I don't agree with much of that article. What about the NFC General Manager "The beauty of this is..." Honestly, that's professional. How much do you want to bet it is an unsuccessful GM? It practically reaks of envy.

At least this makes me feel better about the tainted comments. Basically, this could not have helped us regardless of how long we have been doing it, it would have been the same as if had a codebreaker in the booth or sidelines. I always heard that Ernie Adams was the Pats codebreakers, he was some kind of genius and Belly's confidante. Is he still with the team? Maybe that might be a reason Belly reverted to this tactic this week.

"New England realistically may have been able to catch one or two plays from doing that and they could've had somebody in the press box getting the same information," said former Atlanta Falcons general manager Ken Herock, who also worked as an executive in Oakland and Green Bay. "And what you're actually talking about is one or two plays out of about 60 snaps a game. That really isn't a great advantage."

At least this makes me feel better about the tainted comments. Basically, this could not have helped us regardless of how long we have been doing it, it would have been the same as if had a codebreaker in the booth or sidelines. I always heard that Ernie Adams was the Pats codebreakers, he was some kind of genius and Belly's confidante. Is he still with the team? Maybe that might be a reason Belly reverted to this tactic this week.

Adams is still with the team. He's Belichick's closest confidant. He was hired because of his photographic memory, which allowed him to remember specific plays from literally years ago, and know how they worked out, and formulate opinions on how to improve the execution the next time around. He is their covert ops guy in a way, because of his abilities to decipher defenses that were used in the past, even if there are minor changes in alignments.

Last edited:
So they normally leave them lying around the locker room or in the back seat of their car?That Turner is brilliant!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back