PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chad Scott injures knee, carted off field

Status
Not open for further replies.
No they aren't. Why? Because Pennington is going to spend too much time on his back and not be able to find the guys.

Also, you are over-looking Hobbs, Meriweather and such. They are practicing against Moss. A guy who Coles and Cotchery have wet dreams about being as good as.

You guys (especially) should know just how good Coles and Cotch are and should not underestimate them.

I doubt they were having too many wet dreams about Moss last season when Coles and Cotch combined for over 2000 yds through the air while your boy Randy didnt even get 600.

Penny will be under a lot of pressure yes, as your front 7 is prob the best in the league, however Chad is one of the top QB's in the league vs pressure, he wont mind being blitzed at all.

I am not over-looking Hobbs. He is a good CB (not great) however what your failing to realise is that last year vs the Pats Chad was having a lot of success with the WR not being covered by Asante. Mostly Cotchery (3 TD vs Pats last season)

As for Meriweather he will be playing his first NFL game. I am loving the thought of what Penny and our WR's could do to him.

Frightening. Cotchery and Coles. This will keep me up at night.
Given any thought to Moss, Stallworth, Welker, Kyle Brady and Ben Watson?

Come on, dude. With the Indy and San Diego fans, at least there's a reason to worry.

But good luck to you guys... I definitely would like to see you go far enough to receive a good, old-fashioned butt whippin' again in the postseason. Try to make it to the divisional round this time. I don't think we'll have to play in wild card week this time.

Thanks for the laugh,

PFnV

Guess you didnt see the 4 TD's they put up on you last year.

Week 1, all will be revealed.

You guys (especially) should know just how good Coles and Cotch are and should not underestimate them.
I doubt they were having too many wet dreams about Moss last season when Coles and Cotch combined for over 2000 yds through the air while your boy Randy didnt even get 600.

Penny will be under a lot of pressure yes, as your front 7 is prob the best in the league, however Chad is one of the top QB's in the league vs pressure, he wont mind being blitzed at all.

I am not over-looking Hobbs. He is a good CB (not great) however what your failing to realise is that last year vs the Pats Chad was having a lot of success with the WR not being covered by Asante. Mostly Cotchery (3 TD vs Pats last season)

As for Merriweather he will be playing his first NFL game. I am loving the thought of what Penny and our WR's could do to him.

:trolls:

10 characters

As for Meriweather he will be playing his first NFL game. I am loving the thought of what Penny and our WR's could do to him.

What the hell does this have to do with anything?

The only thing the Jets may reveal is if Mangini comes out of the locker room with his zipper down.

however Chad is one of the top QB's in the league vs pressure, he wont mind being blitzed at all.

Seriously man. Cotchery and Coles are good players. But I don't care what phrase you but behind "Chad is one of the top QB's", it's usually wrong. Take the green and white blinders off for a minute.

The only thing the Jets may reveal is if Mangini comes out of the locker room with his zipper down.

Speaking of coming out of the closet how's brady doing these days.:D

BradyGay.jpg

Seriously man. Cotchery and Coles are good players. But I don't care what phrase you but behind "Chad is one of the top QB's", it's usually wrong. Take the green and white blinders off for a minute.

Seriously, check up Chads stats vs the blitz before you come out with stupid comments like that.

Pennington is very underated.

It's always nice to be visited by Jest fans. The Jest have won more pre-season championships than any team I know.

But, real championships? Let's see, the last one was before the merger of the NFL-AFL so that has an *. None since then. Did you know that no man had walked on the moon the last time the JEST won a championship*

Yes, this is always a great time of the year for JEST fans. So full of bravado. So full of hope. Then after week five it's back to sucking again.

I guess if you consider Pennington taking 30 sacks last year as being one of the best pressure handlers around, then ok. That's your perogative.

Randy not getting 600 was because of the garbage team he was on. With Brady throwing him the ball and with Welker, Stallworth, Maroney and Watson on the field, the Jets will be hard-pressed to try and cover Moss with anything more than single coverage. And Moss beats single coverage with ease. The least you could to is not be a friggin idiot when you reply.

I can guarantee you that I realize a helluva lot more than you do about what went on in that game. Hobbs was playing with a broken wrist. Hawkins, on one play, was out of position and so he missed the coverage.
Gay wasn't available because he was injured. As was Harrison. They won't be injured for the 1st game of the season.

Meriweather won't be starting unless he PROVES he deserves to be there. And, considering he was lining up in the SLOT, its unlikely that he'll start unless the Jets come out 3 wide. And, if they do, Meriweather will be on the slot receiver. And he'll do fine with Harrison and Wilson over the top.

I don't underestimate the over-rated Coles or Cotchery. They are both good receivers. And I said so in another thread.

Seriously, check up Chads stats vs the blitz before you come out with stupid comments like that.

Pennington is very underated.

Maybe YOU shouldn't be so stupid and assume that a team puts pressure on a QB ONLY by blitzing.

Maybe YOU shouldn't be so stupid and assume that a team puts pressure on a QB ONLY by blitzing.

You've got to remember that he's used to a Jets' d-line that struggles to generate pressure on their own.

fair enough, but generally when hes blitzed hes pressured. hes still a good passer under pressure though. His 30 sacks may have had more to do with a struggling O-line than his ability to deal with pressure. Manning for example is a very average QB when under pressure however he doesnt get sacked often due to the quality of his O-line.

Im responding to the post I quoted.

Save it. You came here to stir up **** and you know it. Run along and find some other bridge to dwell under.

Save it. You came here to stir up **** and you know it. Run along and find some other bridge to dwell under.

No i didnt. If I had come to stir up **** I would have just abused every Pats fan around, I havent done that.

No i didnt. If I had come to stir up **** I would have just abused every Pats fan around, I havent done that.

You may not have realized it, but you have. This is the second thread you've hijacked. Don't do it again.

You may not have realized it, but you have. This is the second thread you've hijacked. Don't do it again.

there is a difference between sending abuse and voicing your opinion.

I said I liked Cotchery + Coles vs Pats secondary this year, how is that abuse???

there is a difference between sending abuse and voicing your opinion.

I said I liked Cotchery + Coles vs Pats secondary this year, how is that abuse???

I don't want to hear it anymore. Got it?

Feel free to talk Jets where JetsTalk is already established (say, here). But don't find any way you possibly can to relate even the most Jets-irrelevant material to the Jets so you can generate discussion about it. This will lose you respect quicker than you can say "Noodle arm."

Learn from the great ones. Have a chat with RyanTheColtsFan. Despite being a fan of a rival team, is very well respected around here. Why? Because he knows when and when not to talk about the Colts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back