Chad Scott injures knee, carted off field

Status
Not open for further replies.

drakesta101

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
http://officialnewenglandpatriots.wordpress.com/

July 27th, 2007

CB Chad Scott was injured during practice and is receiving significant medical attention on the field. I don’t want to speculate on the nature of the injury but it doesn’t look good as Scott still remains on the field being attended to.

Wonderful, I wonder if this plays a factor in Pats giving Asante a break on next years possible franchise tender.

Re: Chad Scott Hurt

Asante's agent has to be grinning.

Awful news, sounds like the ACL huh? Great, first day of camp and we lose our #3 CB (#2 without Asante).

This sucks.

Maybe it was a bee sting. Those hurt...a lot.

Last edited:

Blog now says Scott carted off the practice field...that's never good.

Damn it's starting already. DB injuries it just never stops, every year the same thing. :mad:

Well at least we got it out of the way early. We're not due for another one of these until the 5th preseason game.

Cancel my reservations to Zona....damn.

Just kidding, maybe he'll catch some luck and be back in a few weeks with hyperextension only....

Last edited:
Great, just wonderful. :(
I hope it's not serious.

Are there any veteran options out there right now at CB? None that I know of, but maybe there is some semblance of a competent corner out there.

Of course if this injury to Scott is as serious as it seems, then I guess we could hold hope that a corner is cut from some other team at some point in camp.

Well, it stinks that Chad Scott got hurt. However, why do we need to start looking for other CB options? We have several DBs on the team. Hobbs, Gay, Anam, Richardson, James, Wilson, Meriweather. Not to mention slot CB extraordinaire Troy Brown. And, yes, they could eventually have Samuel there also. Losing Scott hurts the depth, but its not a major thing.

Losing Scott hurts the depth, but its not a major thing.

That's true, for now. I tread lightly though because we all know that DB's seem to fall like dominoes around here. It will truly become a problem if a couple more injuries pile up.

Clutching knee. Sounds like he's done. And the erosion of depth begins.....

Last edited:
Going on IR in in 3...2....

Well, it stinks that Chad Scott got hurt. However, why do we need to start looking for other CB options? We have several DBs on the team. Hobbs, Gay, Anam, Richardson, James, Wilson, Meriweather. Not to mention slot CB extraordinaire Troy Brown. And, yes, they could eventually have Samuel there also. Losing Scott hurts the depth, but its not a major thing.

Anam? Richardson? you're kidding, right? Wilson and Meriweather are safeties... if you want to pull both of them into CB roles, then S gets thin fast...
it is a big deal when you consider we have the rest of practices, 4 preseason games, then 19 more real games... right now you've got hobbs and gay starting and james as the 3... we need 5-6 CB's... at S we have 5 good players... we need 4. there's no way we are gonna play 23 games without losing more DB's

Last edited:
It's a shame. BB really likes him...called him a great student and hard worker. He played well a lot of the time last year.

Having Gay and James is great...if Asante is back.

Sucks majorly. It's a great luxury to have a CB with his size.

Can anyone say IR?

Anam? Richardson? you're kidding, right? Wilson and Meriweather are safeties... if you want to pull both of them into CB roles, then S gets thin fast...
it is a big deal when you consider we have the rest of practices, 4 preseason games, then 19 more real games... right now you've got hobbs and gay starting and james as the 3... we need 5-6 CB's... at S we have 5 good players... we need 4. there's no way we are gonna play 23 games without losing more DB's

Wilson is a CB as well as a safety. So is Meriweather. So please stop your over-reacting.

No, the Patriots DON'T NEED 5-6 CBs. They need 4. 5-6 would be nice, but you have to fit it in with the rest of the team.

As for what the Pats have, you really shouldn't discount Richardson or Anam. Hell, even Spann could make a return with the injury to Scott. Why couldn't Richardson or Anam be the 5th CB on this team?

Also, as I mentioned and you CLEARLY over-looked, they still have Troy Brown who could end up playing more at CB.

As for the Safeties, you have Harrison, Sanders, Mitchell, Wilson, Hawkins, Meriweather and Andrews. Mitchell has started previously, just not for the Patriots and he's a good player. I wouldn't write him off too soon. Andrews was one of the best special teams players we had last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back