PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chad Scott: Goat of the game

Status
Not open for further replies.

drew4008

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
This guy had a really poor showing today. Aside from the long Cotchery TD, he also missed at least 2 other tackles, was out of place another time, and I didn't see him make any other play which was positive.

And then seeing this quote really irritated me and made me post this:

Defensive back Chad Scott (on Jerricho Cotchery's 71-yard touchdown):
"It felt like he hit the ground because we all went down together. I wrapped him up and when he went down, I guess he fell on top of [Eugene Wilson]. I thought he was on the ground. They said he wasn't down. I was like 'What's going on?' I had him down. I was getting up and I saw him running."

You wrapped him up!? What are you talking about... you just went for the big hit and gave up a TD because you DIDN'T wrap up. This guy just went way down in my books for his performance and then giving a faulty quote.

But I digress... 2-0 we are!

drew4008 said:
This guy had a really poor showing today. Aside from the long Cotchery TD, he also missed at least 2 other tackles, was out of place another time, and I didn't see him make any other play which was positive.

"It felt like he hit the ground because we all went down together. I wrapped him up and when he went down, I guess he fell on top of [Eugene Wilson]. I thought he was on the ground. They said he wasn't down. I was like 'What's going on?' I had him down. I was getting up and I saw him running."

You wrapped him up!? What are you talking about... you just went for the big hit and gave up a TD because you DIDN'T wrap up. This guy just went way down in my books for his performance and then giving a faulty quote.

You cant blame him for that TD. That was a good solid hit. Even if he had wrapped him he wouldn't have hit the ground. It was just an unlucky circumstance that Crotchery never hit the ground. You have to give kudos to Crotchery for having the brains to get up and run.

You're in the runing for goat post of the day. But there is some stiff competition so you may yet get off the hook. Cotchery is down 99 times out of 100 on that play. What he did was other worldly and a fluke.

MoLewisrocks said:
You're in the runing for goat post of the day. But there is some stiff competition so you may yet get off the hook. Cotchery is down 99 times out of 100 on that play. What he did was other worldly and a fluke.

I agree with you here...at the same time I am not a big Chad Scott fan...but he is who we have and he's a bit better than any Arena Ball guy we can bring in like the last 2 years.

Chad Scott didn't do any worse of a job than anybody else in the secondary tonight. Everybody stunk at an even level. Next week, they won't.

While he didn't wrap up, that was a fluke play and fantastic effort from the receiver.

He would have been a foot into the dirt with that hit if there hadn't been a Patriot underneath.

Can't say I noticed Scott otherwise but there were a hell of a lot of missed tackles in the secondary.

BB needs to pull out the tackling dummies on monday

it was a fluke play, scott hit the guy good, everyone thought he was down at the time, on the coles td the TE gave a good block.

Geno Wilson had a FAR worse game than Chad.

He's the goat of the day. Will Brady be cuddling with him tomorrow?

RI Pats Fan said:
Chad Scott didn't do any worse of a job than anybody else in the secondary tonight. Everybody stunk at an even level. Next week, they won't.

Next week? I hope so but doubt it. The Patriots start hitting their stride a little later than week 3. I hope that you are right and the secondary "gets it" starting next week. These guys, however, were out of place too often today to make me think they will have that fixed in one week. I expect come November, this out of place non sesne will be an out of place, non issue....

Just noticed on the replay of that play that Rodney Harrison had a chance to close the gap when chasing Cotchery but then did a little stutter thing as if he thought the play was gonna be blown dead or something.

Any chance you have Harrison not taking his full opportunity to take somebody's head off then you KNOW it's a flukey play

Goats are for games we lost. This game wasn't really that close. Even with missed field goal, we were 7 points ahead, with the jets deep in their own terrritory, with no time outs, and a minute on the clock.

But, if you want to name a players whose performance adversely affected the score, I would nominate Wilson. We made excuses for him all last year. What now?

Geno definitely played poorly as well. Samuel too. We need to get our DBs going soon, or even Jake will destroy us again next week like he did last year.

drew4008 said:

He did play terrible and missed a bunch of tackles but that was his best play of the game. He just happened to knock the guy on top of another player. A great play by the WR and a little luck, but certainly a good hit.

Belichick needs to fix the non-NFL level tackling now...I suggest ten laps around the practice field for every missed tackle.

Everyone's going to be taking extra tackling practice this week - but Chad's going to get an attaboy for that play - that was a great hit but a fluke of a play

Anyone who didn't pursue following that play should be running laps as well - and it looked like there were more than a few. That's not Chad's fault either.

Why do we have to have a goat of the game? Didn't we win, did I miss something here? Was Chad Scott the only one who missed a play? The Cotchery play wasn't a fluke?

O ye "hand wringing, petulant whiners"

The secondary had a bad second half, but Wilson had a worse one than Scott, IMHO.

On the TD play -- that was a one in a million fluke. Eugene Wilson was unlucky enough to be under him and the guy never touched the ground ONLY because of that. Scott cleaned him up pretty good otherwise, and it sure isn't his fault. It wasn't a form tackle, but it would've/could've/ should've worked, but for some seirously bad luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back