PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chad O'Shea Trivia

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDSal45

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Just reading up a bit on new Patriots WR coach Chad O'Shea and saw he played QB for Marshall University from 1991-1992 (before transferring). Which made me realize, one of his WRs would have been.......Troy Brown.

I wonder if Troy gave him a thumbs up as part of why he got hired?

J D Sal

O'Shea arrives in New England from Minnesota, where he spent the last three years as offensive assistant/receivers coach for the Vikings. From 2003-05 he was a volunteer assistant and then assistant special teams coach with the Chiefs; prior to that, the 36-year old coached collegiately with Southern Mississippi and the University of Houston. O'Shea played quarterback at Marshall and Houston.

Playing with the Thundering Herd from 1991-92, O'Shea was a teammate of recently retired Patriot Troy Brown.

Just a bit related to what you said

Wouldn't be surprised that he has a job here because of Troy

Just reading up a bit on new Patriots WR coach Chad O'Shea and saw he played QB for Marshall University from 1991-1992 (before transferring). Which made me realize, one of his WRs would have been.......Troy Brown.

I wonder if Troy gave him a thumbs up as part of why he got hired?

J D Sal
I doubt BB ran it by Troy to judge an underclassman who transferred out. The more probable tie-in is Special Teams Coordinator Scott O'Brien, who worked Special Teams with O'Shea's Special Teams' mentor for a couple seasons at Pittsburgh before BB hired O'Brien to work in Cleveland.

I doubt BB ran it by Troy to judge an underclassman who transferred out. The more probable tie-in is Special Teams Coordinator Scott O'Brien, who worked Special Teams with O'Shea's Special Teams' mentor for a couple seasons at Pittsburgh before BB hired O'Brien to work in Cleveland.

Yeah gotta go with Box's theory (common-sense) rather than Troy being involved.....as much as I love Troy Brown :rocker:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back