PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chad Nkang

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATSNUTme

Paranoid Homer ex-moderator
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I have seen two mocks today that have the Patriots taking this guy. One shows us taking him in the 4th another in the 6th.

He is a SS, although one showed him as an ILB, 6-1 216 4.51 and is from Elon. ESPN just show the above stats and nothing more. This is the first I've heard of this guy.

Does anyone have additional info?

He's definitely a better value than Willis. :D

The kid had a great combine, he really moved well in his LB drills, I don't know how well his cover skills look. Coming from a small school he had to really perform to get that Combine invite, so he obviously did well at that level. You've got the draft guides, what do they say about his coverage ability...his run support from SS would appear to be solid.

He's definitely a better value than Willis. :D

The kid had a great combine, he really moved well in his LB drills, I don't know how well his cover skills look. Coming from a small school he had to really perform to get that Combine invite, so he obviously did well at that level. You've got the draft guides, what do they say about his coverage ability...his run support from SS would appear to be solid.

I'll check him out tonight, in the draft guides, that is. But, I've been though them and can't recall his name.

It will be a couple of weeks before I get my "big book". Hopefully there will be a write up on him.

EDIT: Just remembered this site:

http://www.nflfans.com/x/2007/showplayer.php?key=Chad%20Nkang

But still not a lot of good info. He is an art major so he might be a fruit.

Just kidding Bella*Chick if you're reading this.

That mock is a joke. They have NE getting Brandon Jackson in the fourth round and list it as a "reach"? I'll LMFAO if the Patriots can somehow land Jackson in the fourth round. the guy is a 2nd/3rd round back, who is rated the third best RB in the entire draft by scouts inc., yet the fourth round is reaching? LOL! I would be very happy if that was to happen though.

Here is their entire Patriots Mock
1.24: Chris Houston
1.28: Michael Griffin
3.28: HB Blades
4.28: Brandon Jackson
6.6: Michael Allan
6.28: Chad Nkang

Last edited:
Nkang has always had some good stats. I believe he was a two time first team All American according to Don Hansen and may have even been defensive player of the year once. You would have to check that though, because I am not positive.

NKang.....he's got such a cool name. Sign him up. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back