PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chad Lavalais?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dryheat44

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
With the Falcons signing Grady Jackson, the talk down there is that they plan of releasing Chad Lavalais (sp?). I remember he was a popular name during the draft a couple of years ago. He should be a better fit in a 3-4, which Atlanta ran when he was drafted. Could we have a roster upgrade from Hill, Klecko, or Sullivan?

He's 293...smaller than most of our DEs, and smaller than Mike Wright, who himself is undersized at NT. He's a 1-gap DT.

Last edited:
What are the physical specifications for a 3-4 DE?

more than 290 lbs?

Because in my Madden (2004 :blush: ) franchise, I just drafted a 6'4 277 DE who seems a bit borderline for standard 3-4 DE size.

Last edited:
Handel said:
What are the physical specifications for a 3-4 DE?

more than 290 lbs?

Because in my Madden (2004 :blush: ) franchise, I just drafted a 6'4 277 DE who seems a bit borderline for standard 3-4 DE size.

Start at 310-320 for a NT, 290-310 for a DE.

Grady Jackson weighed in at 370 for a Jets workout on Monday. The Falcons ended up signing him, because the Jets thought that was too heavy a playing weight.

Last edited:
pats1 said:
He's 293...smaller than most of our DEs, and smaller than Mike Wright, who himself is undersized at NT. He's a 1-gap DT.

I'm suggesting him as a DE.

pats1 said:
Start at 310-320 for a NT, 290-310 for a DE.

Grady Jackson weighed in at 370 for a Jets workout on Monday. The Falcons ended up signing him, because the Jets thought that was too heavy a playing weight.

Yeah, I know that for NT. The one I have is 6'7 314.

Handel said:
Yeah, I know that for NT. The one I have is 6'7 314.

6'7" may be too tall. You want a low center of gravity.

pats1 said:
6'7" may be too tall. You want a low center of gravity.

Thanks for the info. Of course, it is Madden. In a 3-4 where DL main purpose is run stopping, my NT had seasons of 7 to 10 sacks...

Concerning LBs, I try to get some who are 245 to 260.

pats1 said:

Mike Wright isn't a NT. He played there last year, and has some flexibility, but he's mainly playing at DE.

I think Saban might place that call to Chad before BB does????

I think Chad is better suited as a 3-4 DE because he can play grasp and control.

Has anybody heard bad things about Chad in Atlanta??? Bad Attitude, drugs, uncoachable, things like that?????

Ochmed Jones said:
I think Saban might place that call to Chad before BB does????

I think Chad is better suited as a 3-4 DE because he can play grasp and control.

Has anybody heard bad things about Chad in Atlanta??? Bad Attitude, drugs, uncoachable, things like that?????

Just that Mora isn't happy with his performance as a 4-3 DT, and signed Grady Jackson to replace him.

patsox23 said:
Mike Wright isn't a NT. He played there last year, and has some flexibility, but he's mainly playing at DE.

I know he's there now, but last year he spelled Wilfork at NT.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey