PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chad Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I love Chad. He's a great competitor and he's a genuinely funny guy. Ego? He's got the kind of ego that makes him want to excel. I like that kind of ego.

It's hard to imagine the circumstances that would bring him here, but I for one would be delighted to see him in a Patriots' uniform.

It would be rediculous (in a great way) if we didn't resign Stallworth and traded for CJ.

Could you imagine a team with Brady, Moss, CJ, Welker, and Watson. HOLY ****!!!

not for us...especially if we resign moss, and REALLY especially if we keep stallworth...

if we lose both (unlikely) then maybe...but a reach...

but imagine stallworth, moss, and johnson? with welker and watson for short? damn

I wouldn't want Stallworth, Moss, AND Johnson. It would be sacrificing WAY to much money in other areas. Johnson and Moss would be all that is necessary for deep threats.

I guess I'm not sure what you are saying. I think most people would think that Stallworth and Moss are very similar wide receivers, attribute wise, as is Johnson.
The only thing Moss and Stallworth (and Johnson and Housmanzedah) have in common is speed. I don't see Moss or Johnson breaking tackles and I don't see Stallworth or Housmanzadah making the same circus catches as Moss/Johnson. (Yes, I'm sure that someone could show me an example of Stallworth/Hous making a circus catch and Moss/Johnson breaking a tackle, but you know what I mean. They could also show me Brady scrambling for a first down, and Vick throwing for a first down. I'm talking type of player, not an out-of-character exception. Just wanted to get that out of the way before someone tries to prove Moss is a tackle breaker.)

Anyway, I see Stallworth and Hous as complimentary to Moss and Johnson, and IMO, Moss and Johnson running routes at the same time is less effective than than with Stallworth/Housmanzadeh.

I like him but the focus should be on keeping the players we have now. Our current crop of receivers aren't just good, they have complimentary skill sets that makes them threats in different ways.

Gotta wonder how much longer Carson Palmer would want to stick around if Johnson leaves. His antics are harmless, I find TJ houzwhatever's attitude a lot stranger (we lost, but we're better!)

He could be the final piece of ammunition for a team like San Diego if they could swing it and still be in good shape in terms of the salary cap.

I disagree --- I would want Moss, Stallworth and Johnson -- all three. If it could be worked out that is. I don't trust Donte's hammies for one thing. I really do think Belichick would consider CJ given his seemingly good relations with him. You remember that pass Carson threw which was way behind a slanting CJ and he just grabbed it before coming down hard? I think that is what led to Belichick's sideline chat with CJ.

Imagine lining up a spread 4 WR's (Moss, Stallworth, CJ, Welker) - forget Gaffney -- and a RB. Pats had that positioning 15 times last Sunday. Man, what problems that presents to the defense. Bad enough the way it is today, but can you imagine! I don't think the trade is out of the realm of possibility at all, and I think the org. would want to make these kinds of investments to a still-young Tom Brady while the getting is good.

Anyway I have been dreaming of CJ coming to NE ever since I discovered Belichick's regard for the guy (for all I know that might not even be true, I don't know). And then I came across that trade rumor today, and decided to post it. Maybe the cream-dream is a little stronger now (at least for me!!) :)

And as far as Johnson's antics being a distraction, man don't start that again. They said the same about Moss and Dillon. Please. This is Tom's team on offense - you listen to him or get lost. Besides, Belichick is on record saying he thinks CJ's antics are "sincere" and just a part of who he is. He said that in the press conference this year.

lol if we had Brady passing to Moss Johnson Stallworth Welker that would just be straight up ******edly awesome. 100 TD's a season? Might not be unrealistic.

The only thing Moss and Stallworth (and Johnson and Housmanzedah) have in common is speed. I don't see Moss or Johnson breaking tackles and I don't see Stallworth or Housmanzadah making the same circus catches as Moss/Johnson. (Yes, I'm sure that someone could show me an example of Stallworth/Hous making a circus catch and Moss/Johnson breaking a tackle, but you know what I mean. ..........
Anyway, I see Stallworth and Hous as complimentary to Moss and Johnson, and IMO, Moss and Johnson running routes at the same time is less effective than than with Stallworth/Housmanzadeh.

I shortened your quote a bit just for space reasons. I believe most people look at Welker as a different type of wide receiver than either Stalworth or Moss or Johnson. Welker is real quick and willing to take a pounding catching something over the middle. Stallworth, Moss, and Johnson are all #1 wide receivers with amazing speed, hands, and route running ability. Stallworth would be a #1 wide receiver on most teams in the league. All three are basically interchangeable. Rating them, I would probably put Johnson #1, more based on his age than anything else, Moss #2, and Stallworth #3. I have nere really heard of wide receivers being separated into how well they can catch and how well they break tackles, that just goes into whether they are a #1 or not.

Last edited:
As much I'd love to see Chad here I can't see it happening.I just can't see him & Moss coexsisting with each other.I could be dead wrong.Could you imagine a team with Moss,Stallworth & Johnson all together on it?

Scary thought. That could be one of the best collections of talent and one of the most volatile locker rooms in NFL history.
no fing way we go after chad in san diego

we only have one day 1 draft pick as it is, and that's a wr that will cost you a 1st round pick guaranteed

no way

As much I'd love to see Chad here I can't see it happening.I just can't see him & Moss coexsisting with each other.I could be dead wrong.Could you imagine a team with Moss,Stallworth & Johnson all together on it?

You forgot Welker. And plus, could we even fit CJ in with our salary cap right now?

I would actually be surprised if CJ and Moss could coexist. I'm not saying either of them are greedy, I just don't see how two superstars who are competitive could coexist like that.

Last edited:
if ocho cinco comes to new england next, every sports writer would say "the end of the world is near"....

You forgot Welker. And plus, could we even fit CJ in with our salary cap right now?

I would actually be surprised if CJ and Moss could coexist. I'm not saying either of them are greedy, I just don't see how two superstars who are competitive could coexist like that.

Why couldn't they co exist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey