PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chad Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whens he a free agent? maybe its just me but it seems like the guy wants to play for NE or something.

Which still kills me, because I remember literally screaming at the TV for the Pats to draft him when their pick came up in the second round. I'd seen him play a bunch in college at the point since I was living in the Pacific northwest then, and I had no doubt he was going to be a star. And I still wouldn't mind seeing him in a Patriots uniform.

While I do find some of his antics a bit stupid and/or annoying, he does do it all in good fun and opposing players seem to have a good time with him. Outside the 2-way trash talking with opponents, I've never heard him speak ill of another team or player.
I'm with you - some of his stuff is just dumb but none of it is mean-spirited - it all seems to be motivated by the desire to lighten the mood and keep folks laughing.

"Could Chad Johnson play for the Patriots?"

BB: "Sure, why not?"

I would love for the Pats to get him. Outside of the Pats, my favorite player.

The respect from Johnson to BB and BB to Johnson goes back well beyond this season...

And technically it's not trash talk from Johnson - he's confident, loves his team, but there's absolutely no lack of respect for the team and its really all done in good spirits. Which is very nice for a change.

- and aside from the criminal elements of the team, when it comes to the football field I think there's a ton of respect for the Bengals. Johnson himself IMO is very much the equal of Randy Moss in what a difference maker he can be - and Carson Palmer is probably a consensus #3 QB in the league - albeit a distant one

Chad and BB have always had great respect for each other. Chad used to, he may still, actually sleep at the Bengals complex on Thrusday nights, to spend more time getting prepared.

Nobody thought to ask him what he thought about Papelbon referring to himself as "cinco-ocho"

Something tells me Chad would find the "cinco-ocho" a sign of respect especially since Papelbon is a top notch closer.

He's one of my favorite non-Patriots players. Some of the celebrations are goofy but the guy realizes it's entertainment. Nice contrast to some of the dolts around the league that act like somebody murdered their parents when an opposing player is happy about a victory.

Heh, not sure if this was posted but I checked PFT for the frist time in about 10 days and the week 3 power rankings have a good line:

9. Cincinnati Bengals (1-2): When they leave Cincy after Monday night's game, the Patriots might want to check the plane for any stowaways who have gold teeth and an affinity for Spanish numbers.

How long is his current contract? It seems like he wants to be on the Patriots. :rocker:

Chad is one of the best players in the league. I like him a lot but I hope he doesn't catch one pass monday night.

IChad Johnson is the man, well, he's not as good as Randy Moss but he is up there.

I have both Moss and Johnson on my fantasy teams so I am stoked.

How long is his current contract? It seems like he wants to be on the Patriots. :rocker:

If you want to know about his contract, you could like, scroll up and read the fifth post of the thread.

Whens he a free agent? maybe its just me but it seems like the guy wants to play for NE or something.

I don't think that would be legal. To have Moss and CJ. That has to break some kind of NFL rule. LOL.

I love Chad. It's funny to me that people will criticize him for being over the top (while going on about how "classy" LdT is) but his comments have to be the most rational ones I've heard.

I don't think he'd be stifled at all if he were a Patriot. BB told Moss he wanted him to be himself as a player. It would be the same with Chad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back