Welcome to PatsFans.com

Chad Jackson?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Underoath, Sep 6, 2007.

1. Underoath

Underoath Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Was he cut? I haven't even heard anything about him and I didn't hear about him being on IR or PUP...

I try to follow what Pats news I can, but I just haven't seen anything about this.
  2. mgteich

mgteich PatsFans.com Veteran PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +339 / 22 / -2

Chad Jackson is on the PUP list (with Eddie Jackson, Seymour and Troy Brown)
  3. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +509 / 13 / -11

#24 Jersey

He's on the PUP.
  4. patchick

patchick Moderatrix Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,109 / 9 / -2

#11 Jersey

It says volumes about the offensive talent on this team that his absence is scarcely even noted.
  5. Mack Herron

Mack Herron On the Roster

Ratings:
    +357 / 6 / -2

#24 Jersey

Right, he had major reconstructive knee surgery (ACL) which typically takes a year to fully recover (to football playinig shape). Still an immense talent with big up side. He will get a chance next year.
  6. WhiZa

WhiZa Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

or this year hopefully
  7. cstjohn17

cstjohn17 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +43 / 11 / -4

#54 Jersey

Exactly, I can't imagine any roster in the league that could potentially add Jackson as a 5th or 6th WR.
  8. patsgo

patsgo Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

what has jackson done in the pros that makes you think hes better than 5 or 6th reciever???
  9. DaBruinz

DaBruinz Pats, B's, Sox PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +364 / 24 / -48

#50 Jersey

This isn't entirely true. We don't know the extendt of Jackson's injury. All that was ever reported is that he had ACL surgery. That could have been as simple as having the knee scoped to as major as full ACL replacement.

The new surgery is much less intrusive and you are able to get back to full health significantly more quickly than you were before. What was an 18-24 month recovery has been cut to 8-12 months for a single procedure...
  10. Rob0729

Rob0729 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,341 / 13 / -5

I thought it was reported that he had ACL surgery. They don't repair a torn ACL no matter how partial it is. All ACL tears that require surgery require an ACL replacement. The fact that he didn't have swelling and went into surgery right away will give him a better shot at recovering quickly and gave the surgeon some options on how to do the ACL replacement. It is my understanding there are four or five different types of replacements and some are more intensive than others.
  11. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +509 / 13 / -11

#24 Jersey

I believe you are correct that he had his ACL replaced but started the timeline faster than some do. My question is : did he hang around Harrison enough to help heal it faster ? ;)
  12. cstjohn17

cstjohn17 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +43 / 11 / -4

#54 Jersey

I guess I was being a hopeless homer. I was completely against trading 2 Day 1 picks for anyone, let alone a WR. And to date he has not shown very much production but does have a lot of potential. If healthy, sespite his warts I would place him ahead of Washington.

Look across the league, I bet Jackson is as good or better than 90% of the 5th WRs and all the 6's. Lets use the Bengals as an example, very strong WR core, their #5 is Glenn Holt an UDFA from Kentucky and their #6 is Skyler Green who may be able to return punts but will never be in a regular NFL lineup.

I may have said this before but this time I double dare promise to never ever get sucked into another Chad Jackson thread....
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2007
  13. 37Harrison

37Harrison Rookie

Ratings:
    +36 / 1 / -2

#37 Jersey

I was actually thinking the same thing. When I heard Rodney was going to be suspended for using HGH, I instantly thought of C. Jackson. However, I know what you are saying was tongue-in-cheek.

Although I want to be clear that I am not saying that he did or has but his time on the Pats has been rather, umm, weird for a lack of a better word.
  14. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +509 / 13 / -11

#24 Jersey

I kind of was but it was also a little thinking of the silliness of the Harrison suspension when they could probably suspend half the league for the same thing.

Braylon Edwards tore his ACL in 12/05 and was playing in a game 9/06.

2+2=4.
  15. Mack Herron

Mack Herron On the Roster

Ratings:
    +357 / 6 / -2

#24 Jersey

http://boards.ign.com/football/b5105/139306612/p1/?6

It is not merely the physical recovery but also regaining coordination of the new knee, and regaining the confidence to use it with full speed and full contact. Most players are not the same when they first return from this injury. People already impatient with CJs progress will have to be even more patient now.
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2007
  16. Box_O_Rocks

Box_O_Rocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

Well done.
  17. DaBruinz

DaBruinz Pats, B's, Sox PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +364 / 24 / -48

#50 Jersey

Thanks for the additional info Mack....
  18. HEY BRO! WHAT UP?

HEY BRO! WHAT UP? Banned

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I have said it before and I will say it again. I love Chad Jackson's potential, as he showed when on the field last season. As much as I would like for him to play this season,there is no rush. Placing him on PUP was a good decision, let him rehab it some more and regain his speed. The only way we will see Chad Jackson this year is if Moss and Stallworth get injured after week 6. So I'm not ruling out the possibility of seeing him this season.