PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chad Jackson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remix 6

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Got involved more today..he was in on a lot more plays from what i can see..but most were blocking in the 1 or 2 WR set on the Dillon runs.

Hes done a lot of good so far..showcased talent in many ways. he showed his athletism in the first Jets game with the nice catch. against Vikings..he showed great balance and hear to get into the endzone. Against bills he showed his speed and finding the open area in endzone.

my point is hes showed his physical ability..hes big, strong, fast and has tried to make the most of whatever he got. today, he almost kinda broke off the defender..make a quick catch..took it back a little and tried to find the hole inside so he knew what he wanted to do and nearly did. we need to get him more involved in passing next game. he can stretch the field, he can create mismatches and seperate better than any of our WRs. he seems healthy and had some good blocks today.

what are your thoughts?

if brady can be upright and he can stop making dumb throws (yes i think he has played favresque so far) he can be involved more...i think he can be part of the answer but not THE answer....brady has to play better , blame it on mcdaniels or whoever is calling plays but brady is the biggest off 'weapon' we have and when he doesnt function or makes mistakes , doesnt matter who the receiver is we will lose more than we win...someone else brought up another interesting pt in another thread.-"how long have drew brees and colston known each other ?" ...brady's play has to improve or this team is in trouble regardless of jackson plays or not

SVN said:
if brady can be upright and he can stop making dumb throws (yes i think he has played favresque so far) he can be involved more...i think he can be part of the answer but not THE answer....brady has to play better , blame it on mcdaniels or whoever is calling plays but brady is the biggest off 'weapon' we have and when he doesnt function or makes mistakes , doesnt matter who the receiver is we will lose more than we win...someone else brought up another interesting pt in another thread.-"how long have drew brees and colston known each other ?" ...brady's play has to improve or this team is in trouble regardless of jackson plays or not

i dont understand..if Brady is playing more..dont u let him play with more toys? Chad gets open better than anyone we have so thats 1 target thats more open for Tom when we need it..

Remix 6 said:
i dont understand..if Brady is playing more..dont u let him play with more toys? Chad gets open better than anyone we have so thats 1 target thats more open for Tom when we need it..
i dont know how we can quantify that jackson "gets open better than anyone else"...i see brady holding the ball for a long time or on the ground or getting hit...why would the coaching staff or brady not throw or involve jackson if he can help ?? doesnt make much sense...he is a rookie and still learning, we have just seen flashes and are enamored by it...they asked BB also other day about him and he said it takes time...We have bigger issues namely -pass protection-o line ,run better and not turn the ball over and not make stupid penalties and play some defense ...
just my 2 cents...i dont see jackson being the guy changes this offense around ..at least not yet

SVN said:
i dont know how we can quantify that jackson "gets open better than anyone else"...i see brady holding the ball for a long time or on the ground or getting hit...why would the coaching staff or brady not throw or involve jackson if he can help ?? doesnt make much sense...he is a rookie and still learning, we have just seen flashes and are enamored by it...they asked BB also other day about him and he said it takes time...We have bigger issues namely -pass protection-o line ,run better and not turn the ball over and not make stupid penalties and play some defense ...
just my 2 cents...i dont see jackson being the guy changes this offense around ..at least not yet

i dont think he can change the offense around a lot..if anyone gives us a turnaround it has to be our OL or playcalling. im saying let him play..hes got so much upside and from what we've seen..he can be a playmaker. yes hes a rookie and still learning but how about Colston, Jennings who have been awesome.

we can get a spark and create some big plays by simply having Chad get more balls. i know maybe BB feels hes not ready for the complex offense with stupid pass plays that ruin our offense this year but let him create a spark..simple routes or complex whatever.

Too many fans on this board were unrealistic when it came to Action Jackson. Rookie WRs rarely have an impact, and it doesn't look like Jackson will be an exception. Don't count on him to make an impact on the team this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes