PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chad Jackson

Status
Not open for further replies.

harveyw

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
I am now 100% soild on Chad Jackson. Between his performances in the showcase and the combine, I would not mind him as a replacement for Givens. He would step in and be our biggest receiver and also has elite speed. He posted a better time at the combine than Sinorice Moss (4.32 versus 4.34). He showed that he has great hands in the showcase when he nearly laped the other wideouts catching balls from the JUG machines. I know we have some glaring needs on the defensive side of the ball (CB/S) which should be addressed first; but, it maybe be a mistake to pass on this at #21.

The only thing bad was he didn't run very straight in the gauntlet drill, it made me wonder if he'll have trouble with exactness on pass routes. Other than that, though, his hands, speed and body look excellent to me.

Jason Avant moved way up on my board and I still like the idea of getting Moss to have two quickies, Moss and Branch, to go with our two big TE.

BelichickFan said:
Jason Avant moved way up on my board and I still like the idea of getting Moss to have two quickies, Moss and Branch, to go with our two big TE.

Moss???? Jackson is faster, bigger, stronger. I am all set will a shrimp 5'8" wideout. If we take any receiver in the first round I would hope it's Jackson. If not, I wouldn't mind Stovall or Avant.

Jackson looked impressive. I would prefer Haas, avant, stovall or even Baskett. being from new mexico I've seen him play a few times.

just my two cents. I do think jackson leap-frogged holmes from ohio state due to the fact holmes didn't participate

A little reference compared to Branch :

Branch :
20 yard shuttle : 3.76, 3-Cone : 6.71, 40 yard : 4.47

Jackson :
20 yard shuttle : 3.97, 3-Cone : 6.73, 40 yard : 4.32

Those are nice times for Jackson, not just the 40, considering he's 6'1", 205.

harveyw said:
Moss???? Jackson is faster, bigger, stronger.
But Moss is definitely quicker and more explosive. Moss could give us a Deion Branch II but you are right that Jackson is the one with #1 WR potential if everything goes right for him.

Here's the question I have about Jackson, why did he come out early as a junior with urban meyer who worked his magic at utah. Does he have the ability to handle an nfl playbook? I hope so because athletically he is amazing

Warren94 said:
Here's the question I have about Jackson, why did he come out early as a junior with urban meyer who worked his magic at utah. Does he have the ability to handle an nfl playbook?
As you probably know, Belichick and McDaniels spent time last year with Meyer and his OC so the Patriots should get the best information out there on him.

I'd say he made a pretty good choice, though, a really bad WR class and he's likely the #1 or #2 WR off the board even though it's a strong draft overall.

Warren94 said:
Here's the question I have about Jackson, why did he come out early as a junior with urban meyer who worked his magic at utah. Does he have the ability to handle an nfl playbook? I hope so because athletically he is amazing

As Belichick fan said, it's a pretty nice draft class. But no really so much for the WRs. I haven't really looked forward toward the '07 WR but I'm hoping the depth of this draft had something to do with his decision. He could come out this year and be guaranteed to be the first or second WR off the board. But if he'd come out in other years he might not rank so high.

I hope I am not giving the impression that I don't want the pats to draft jackson. just curious actually. I think we draft stovall in the 2nd round. my first round pick is Demarco Ryans.

thoughts?

Richter said:
but I don't know if he'll even be there at 21 any more.
It sounds weird but you might be right. With such a weak WR class a team could easily take him in the top 20 and I wouldn't be shocked if he goes ahead of Holmes who is the #1 WR by default more than anything else.

Warren94 said:
I hope I am not giving the impression that I don't want the pats to draft jackson. just curious actually. I think we draft stovall in the 2nd round. my first round pick is Demarco Ryans.

thoughts?

What position do you plan on playing Ryans at? He's undersized for the Patriots LB role. Personally, I like Ryans at Strong Safety, but not as a 1st round pick.

DaBruinz said:
What position do you plan on playing Ryans at? He's undersized for the Patriots LB role. Personally, I like Ryans at Strong Safety, but not as a 1st round pick.
Yeah, Ryans doesn't seem like the guy. If we took a LB and none of the guys like Greenway slipped, I would take a Bobby Carpenter, if his health checks out, over Ryans. I'd love to take a shot at Cromartie to give us a potential #1 CB. An OT would appeal to me too as we have to protect the Ferrari we have at QB. The only thing about OL is it's so deep we could likely get a good one in the second round.

BelichickFan said:
Yeah, Ryans doesn't seem like the guy. If we took a LB and none of the guys like Greenway slipped, I would take a Bobby Carpenter, if his health checks out, over Ryans. I'd love to take a shot at Cromartie to give us a potential #1 CB. An OT would appeal to me too as we have to protect the Ferrari we have at QB. The only thing about OL is it's so deep we could likely get a good one in the second round.

I think a trade back is likely, to pick up one of Lawson, Wembley, Bunkley, or Addai around #30 or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back