PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chad Jackson starting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Belichick had bamboo shoots under his fingernails he wouldn't tell some web site he was starting a different player a minute before he had to announce the lineups.

Last edited:
Chad Jackson is a special talent...relax...he's young...look at the measurables and tell me this kid isn't destined for stardom

Joker said:
Chad Jackson is a special talent...relax...he's young...look at the measurables and tell me this kid isn't destined for stardom

I agree with you,relax guys,He's very young he has got a large time for learn.I think so.

Last edited:
RayClay said:
If Belichick had bamboo shoots under his fingernails he wouldn't tell some web site he was starting a different player a minute before he had to announce the lineups.

Thats what makes me question it too......of course, BB may not be the source they're using. If BB told Chad and Chad or someone who overheard it or who is also in the know told the website.....

I dunno. If he's earned the start let him start.

I agree about relaxing. The passing game will improve each week as the WRs get familiar with the plays, the specifics of the routes and timing patterns. Perhaps he will start, who knows?

didnt he start last week too? said he was lined up on first play.

He did start last game and was out there for the first offensive play.

J D Sal

relax...but...hey: just make a td tomorrow !

Joker said:

I wouldn't think of it! I was chided in the summer for pushing for his drafting and am anxiously awaiting him to prove me correct. But I also caution everyone to not place high expecations on a rookie speedster recovering from a lingering hamstring problem.

As far as his starting, if I'm BB, and Jackson's healthy enough to take the field, I start him.

BB desparately needs to create at least a perception of a deep threat - part of that is a psychological game with opposing DCs.

Even if Jackson's only 75% healthy and doesn't have enough speed to be a true deep threat, BB isn't going to tell the Bills that - in fact he's going to do everything he can to make them think otherwise... like leak a story that says Jackson is fully healthy and starting.

If Buffalo THINKS we have a deep threat, than we DO have a deep threat in terms of how their Defense plays us.

But if they see that CJ doesn't have enough speed, or can't play many reps, I'd expect them to adjust quickly.

I doubt it but I see it as there are no starters...I mean there seem to be different WR's in on every play. Gabriel is def. a starter though.

NEM said:
He probably IS starting, but let's remember, the starting lineup in football is not like a starting lineup in baseball where the players start, and for the most part, finish.

In football yu can list 11 players as starters, if you want, and then on the second play replace them all...and then on the next play the starters come back in.

It's not so much "starting" in a game (except for the QB) it's more a case of full time participation....

So, if we get full time participation from all five of the WR's on Sunday, that will be a major factor.

I heard tonight that Kevin Faulk is now on the injured list. Is that correct?

As of yesterday,he (Faulk) was listed as questionable on the Patriots.Com Injury Report.Reiss also released his injury report with him the same.

NEM said:
That was my point in my first post in this thread. In the NFL, "Startig" doesnt mean much. It's more a case of "How many plays did you get into the game"

Im hoping we will see a healthy Dose Of CJ.The guy is a playmaker just waiting to happen.Gabriel and Brown have both said some pretty nice things of him.

Joker said:

Measurables? A bad hammy and two catches and a drop?

With measurables like that I could be a star

(Willing to wait on him though)

I don't know if this has been said in the thread yet, but Chad Jackson "started" last week. He was in on the first play, but barely after that.

pats1 said:
I don't know if this has been said in the thread yet, but Chad Jackson "started" last week. He was in on the first play, but barely after that.
He was cut and signed by another team???:confused:

;)

i feel like the staff is very very confident in Chad. hes off the injury list now..im psyched because hes so fast and we saw it against Jets what he can do a little bit. Patriots are definatley expecting him to be our future Pro Bowl type WR and i agree..hes not everything you look for in a player..with our WRs..hes obviously the best package imo when he gets on the field and i think defenses know that too. Sure Troy is great but Chad is younger..faster..quicker and i know u cant replace clutch and reliablity aswell as everything Brown has done for us but i think BB aswell as the rest of the team feels like Chad Jackson will be our go to guy after this season

JoeSixPat said:
I wouldn't think of it! I was chided in the summer for pushing for his drafting and am anxiously awaiting him to prove me correct. But I also caution everyone to not place high expecations on a rookie speedster recovering from a lingering hamstring problem.

As far as his starting, if I'm BB, and Jackson's healthy enough to take the field, I start him.

BB desparately needs to create at least a perception of a deep threat - part of that is a psychological game with opposing DCs.

Even if Jackson's only 75% healthy and doesn't have enough speed to be a true deep threat, BB isn't going to tell the Bills that - in fact he's going to do everything he can to make them think otherwise... like leak a story that says Jackson is fully healthy and starting.

If Buffalo THINKS we have a deep threat, than we DO have a deep threat in terms of how their Defense plays us.

But if they see that CJ doesn't have enough speed, or can't play many reps, I'd expect them to adjust quickly.

So we talking Vulcan mind meld here?

Maybe we should take the opposite tack. Since nobody thinks we have a deep threat, why not have all the receivers limp on to the field.

When they come up close because we obviously can't go deep, we throw it to Gabriel for a touchdown.

SeanBruschi54 said:
He was cut and signed by another team???:confused:
;)

Huh?

He started last week:

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/gamebook/NFL_20061008_MIA@NE

But didn't catch any passes. That's because he was in on the first play (therefore he was in for the starting lineup, but barely played after that.)

EDIT: Ah, I got you now, Mr. Technical! Let's keep last "week" synonymous with last "game." ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back