PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chad Jackson Signed By Oakland!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I see what you did there ;)

I guess Oakland couldn't find or sign any bad boys or thugs so they went with the next on Al's special list .....no talent retread ex patriots :p

Is it just me or does Oakland look like they'll be drafting in the top 10 this year?

amazing not that he signed but you actually found it.

AdamSchefter Adam Schefter
RT @RichCimini: Former Bills No. 1 pick Aaron Maybin en route to Jets to take physical, source says. Barring snag, will sign today w/ Jets.

More fun busts!

Joke or this is for real? That article looks fake.

amazing not that he signed but you actually found it.

I was reading an article about Oakland's camp (yes, Oakland's camp. I was THAT bored) and came upon a bit saying that Chad Jackson had made some great catches.

I think Oakland's the perfect offense for CJ. Their philosophy is "run around a bit and we'll throw the ball somewhere randomly, and if you happen to catch it, great. Otherwise, we'll just acquire someone even less experienced than you to replace you."

Joke or this is for real? That article looks fake.

Oh, it's real all right. Here's a report from camp:

"Catch of the day goes to Chad Jackson, who while being smothered by Sterling Moore on the sidelines, leapt up over Moore and caught what appeared to be an uncatchable ball. Moore stands at 5-10, while Jackson is 6-1, but by the time the ball hit Jackson’s hands, his jersey numbers had enough clearance over Moore’s head to see them in full."

Raiders give Hue Jackson what he asked for in practice - Oakland Oakland Raiders | Examiner.com

AdamSchefter Adam Schefter
RT @RichCimini: Former Bills No. 1 pick Aaron Maybin en route to Jets to take physical, source says. Barring snag, will sign today w/ Jets.

More fun busts!

Oh Shoot. I hope we can stop a 228 LB DE, with 0 career sacks. :) He won't make their team, although I hope he does. That would mean he's taking a spot from another player.

Oh Shoot. I hope we can stop a 228 LB DE, with 0 career sacks. :) He won't make their team, although I hope he does. That would mean he's taking a spot from another player.

You know that Danny Woodhead is just praying that Maybin is the blitzer he's assigned to block

I guess Oakland couldn't find or sign any bad boys or thugs so they went with the next on Al's special list .....no talent retread ex patriots :p
Al likes speed guys, though maybe he's starting to wise up to $$$ spent on them (nah, even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and then :) )

The pats offense isn't for every receiver and his expectations are going to be so low, he can only exceed them.

Last edited:
Good luck to him. I think this thread is going over my head. What am I missing?

In other words, subtraction by addition? :D

Surprised to see Oakland had "to come to terms" with Chad. At this point, I would expect Chad to take anything he can get.

Damn......... I was hoping to pick up CJ for some WR depth. There goes the season. ;)

Did Al send us a 2nd for developing him?

Do we really want to take credit for developing him?

Well Al wants him..... :D

Besides we only have 2 2nds in the next draft we need another we can trade back to Al for his 2013 1st.

We already have Oakland's second.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing