PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chad Jackson sat as a statement?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Old Town Pats said:
Box O Rocks is the perfect name for you!

We've known this for some time. There was no need to bring this up again. The man does the best he can given his small-minded knowledge of the game of football and the endless bouts with alcohol (or was it Alzheimer's?).

But some still are entertained and appreciative.

Last edited:
Box_O_Rocks said:
Heh, I was screaming for Mike Hass the whole time, including when the Saints cut him. But he's on the Bears Practice Squad...sigh.

I thought that he was on the Eagles 53. Last I heard is they loved the guy. What happened?

Clonamery said:
...and the endless bouts with alcohol (or was it Alzheimer's?).
My doctors aren't sure, but they love the way I twitch when the medical students stick pins in me. :(

As an aside, receiving medical care in a VA hospital located next to a medical school and teaching hospital has some incredible eye candy benefits...:singing:

PATSNUTme said:
I thought that he was on the Eagles 53. Last I heard is they loved the guy. What happened?
Aren't you thinking about the old nursery rhyme? A tisket, a tasket...:singing:

Box_O_Rocks said:
Aren't you thinking about the old nursery rhyme? A tisket, a tasket...:singing:

It would have been helpful if you would have just said I confused Hass with Hank Baskett.

I was wondering if the nurse at "the home" had mixed up your meds with Mrs Tyler who thinks she is Emily ****erson.

PATSNUTme said:
It would have been helpful if you would have just said I confused Hass with Hank Baskett.

I was wondering if the nurse at "the home" had mixed up your meds with Mrs Tyler who thinks she is Emily ****erson.
I'm sure google found the nursery rhyme for you with little trouble and your deductive powers took over from there. I don't need my meds mixed up, the ones I'm on have strange properties all by themselves...

PATSNUTme said:
If he could have played but because of his injury he was not better than the guys out there, that's OK. It's understandable. Why didn't he say that?

Why didn't he discuss injured guys? Don't we know the answer to that by this point?

Old Town Pats said:
Give opportunities to other players??????? Gabriel playing one quarter is not giving opportunities. Wake up!!! My bashing of the OC is legitimate. We have scored a grand total of 50 points in 3 games. 2 of those points were from the Defense so we are averaging 16 points a game from our offense. Yes, I think I can want more from our OC. Play the people that need to be played. The point about Belicheck saying that about injured players is a good one, but to that I say why bring him back if he is not 100% in the first place. You jump on me because I am not saying all the nicey nice things. Jackson & Gabriel not on the field allowed Denver to ATTACK! It shortened the field. That D is way to good for that. So yes.... I will continue to say that not having those 2 WR's in the game in the game led to an L. The combination of that and an OC who calls the same plays that have not worked over and over again.

This is a flaw of logic. Do you hold the OC accountable for the two missed FGs? How about the fact that NE sat on the ball when the probably could have scored a TD and almost certainly would have gotten a FG at the end of the Buffalo game? The other issue is that you are using such a small sample that has a point that is one the lower probablility side of bad.

For example, if a team averages 22 points a game, that is usually average to decent. In that team's season, however, there are going to be ebbs and flows. Is that team's OC terrible because they had one rough game mixed in with two average ones? (i.e 19, 24 and 7) Or should the larger sample that balances off the bad with an above average one be used?

Do I think McDaniels made a few mistakes. Most certainly. I still believe that a hurry up offense with Brady in the gun would have scored at least 17 points in the second half. Does that make him an idiot? an anchor? Unlikely, considering BB has every ability overrule him. So if you think the Josh is bad, then you are effectively saying that BB also doesn't know how to run an offense as well as being a poor judge of coaching talent. I prefer to be disappointed with the short-term, but optimistic on the long. The players and coaches have earned it.

Now i am not trying to offend anybody here, but we know for sure from BB that Chad Jackson was not one of the best 45-man he could put on the field that night. He did not say if it was injury, attitude, etc that prevented it. He merely said that he was not the best they could put on the field.

My question is: How did you come to the conclusion that not starting CJ was a statement? And,what kind of statement was BB trying to make? We don't know if it was injury, we don't know if it was an attitude problem, in the end, we just don't know what happened.

Sure, some players play with injuries, but do we even know the extent of CJ's injury? You brought up Steve Smith and his hamstring injury, but who is to say they have the same injury?

IMO, you are reaching on this one.

Even though I know Belichick wasn't trying to say anything bad about CJ, I really wish he hadn't said that statement. Now Felger, Borges and the likes can all go *********** together and talk about some nonsense about Chad Jackson being a bust and not learning the plays.

Obviously, the reason Belichick did make the statement is b/c he doesn't like discussing injuries at all. The "we put the 45 players on the field who we thought could help us win that specific game" is vintage Belichick - knowing Belichick and his ways as we do, how could anyone read into this as an indication of Chad Jackson having done something wrong?

I was really surprised to see Reiss make the statement in his chat that Jackson was a "healthy scratch" b/c to me, this seems like a no-brainer, Belichick just made the comment b/c it is what it is and he is who he is. Chad Jackson is going to be nasty, have no fear.

dhamz said:
Why didn't he discuss injured guys? Don't we know the answer to that by this point?

All he had to say was Jackson was not ready to play. That's it!

When he says that the coaches felt that they had the best 45 guys ready for the game, that opens things up for speculation. BB should have known better.

He blew it.

PATSNUTme said:
All he had to say was Jackson was not ready to play. That's it!

That says the same thing.

If he said he was hurt it would be different but he never says that and he is never going to. He made the same statement he always makes when a guy is a gametime decision.

I think the dropped passes and total lack of cohesiveness on offense had more to do with the loss. Watson dropped a couple of catchable balls. Gabriel looked great on one drive and then disappeared on the next one. Brady's sync with the receivers was totally off as he was overthrowing or underthrowing or mistiming them.

Losing Branch hurt in more ways than one. Damn Branch and his agent Chayut!

That being said I would have loved to see Jackson on the field as he has the speed that defenses must respect but I don't know the story on why he was held out. Hope he's not hurt again. :bricks:

Hmmm - let's see.

BB can confirm that Jackson was not healthy enough to play last week, providing the Bengals with helfpul gameplanning support

OR

He can remain cryptic, allowing rumors - even leaking rumors - that Jackson wasn't injured at all, and was sitting for unknown or disciplinary reasons.

If I were the coach I'd want opposing teams to think that Jackson is healthy and remains a deep threat rather than confirm his status one way or another... but what do I know.

Belichick is handling these hamstring problems the same way Parcells did with Owen's hamstring problem - let the player decide when they are ready to play.

Shanahan said they are going to be very good receivers - including Caldwell, who is totally bashed on this board. He also expects Jackson to be the #1 receiver. However the Pat's-bashers are busy dumping on both Jackson and Caldwell at every opportunity.

Brady it appeared to me has some obvious coaching issues, and Grogan even said the offensive coaching was very poor. However Brady tried hard - I don't see any issue there. Suppose however the Pat's use Cassel to relieve Brady and Cassel screws up - the Pat's bashers would be all over him.

Belichick has to consider the cut-throat nature of the fan base here when he decides who to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes