PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chad Jackson = Offensive ROY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chad Jackson is going to be phenomenal. If you look at the history of WRs, it often takes even the best until year 3 to get to 1,000 yards. CJ will impact this year. This kid NEVER missed a game in college, in the SEC, playing special teams. He went over the middle constantly, taking big time hits, and dishing them out. This kid is a bad @$$, and if he's not on the field it's only because BB doesn't want him there- yet. Once he steps on the field, he immediately becomes the best receiver on the team.

Last edited:
We shouldn't count Jackson out too quickly, while expecting big things from Gabriel. According to Reiss, Jackson is back at practice today. That means he's had as many days of practice in the Pats offense (4, counting today) as Gabriel. While Gabriel obviously has the advantages that come with being an NFL veteran, I think Belichick will still be able to use Jackson on some basic plays (assuming he plays sometime before mid-season).

The offensive rookie of the year will be the guy we should have drafted in the second round
he was actually taken with our original pick by the green bay packers

wide receiver from western mich greg jennings
he led the nfl in preseason receiving yards
he has since been moved from number three to number two on the packer depth chart

i loved this guy in college and was really really hoping the pats would take him, he has really shown something in preseason and he has the ability to be an outstanding wide receiver at the nfl level

I also loved Greg Jennings, and I think we talked about him in the draft thread months ago. He plays like Deion's twin. He will be a solid receiver for many years. But I think BB rolled the dice. He decided to go for broke and draft a potential all-pro in CJ. Only time will tell.

patsfan55 said:
The offensive rookie of the year will be the guy we should have drafted in the second round
he was actually taken with our original pick by the green bay packers

wide receiver from western mich greg jennings
he led the nfl in preseason receiving yards
he has since been moved from number three to number two on the packer depth chart

i loved this guy in college and was really really hoping the pats would take him, he has really shown something in preseason and he has the ability to be an outstanding wide receiver at the nfl level
I liked Jennings a lot and, in fact, he was my pick for round 2 (DeMaco Ryans was my pick for round 1). However, Jackson has more upside and while you may end up being right, I'm surely not going to state it as fact just yet.

BelichickFan said:
I liked Jennings a lot and, in fact, he was my pick for round 2 (DeMaco Ryans was my pick for round 1). However, Jackson has more upside and while you may end up being right, I'm surely not going to state it as fact just yet.

oh i agree jackson prob does have more upside
and hey last year the leader in preseason receiving yards was mark bradley and while he showed some promise he was not consistent at all
in fact reggie brown, braylon edwards, mark clayton, roddy white, matt jones, chris henry, dj hackett, troy williamson, mike williams, devery henderson, roydell williams, brandon jones, and courtney roby had more than mark bradleys 230 yards in the reg season, lol
so the preseason doesnt mean much

but jennings has been a game breaker in the preseason
and he has a lot more talent than bradley
and even though chad jackson could be the next chad johnson or javon walker
greg jennings could be the next torry holt

time will tell

O'Callaghan gets my early vote for Rookie of the Year, who is this Jackson kid your all excited about?

WR's having great rookie seasons are rare but not unforeseen. Look at Michael Clayton of the Bucs two years ago (80/1193/7), or even Terry Glenn when he was with the Pats (90/1132/6). But what does make it unlikely is that he hasn't played a down in preseason and has missed many practices. He is so far behind everyone else.

BoTown said:
WR's having great rookie seasons are rare but not unforeseen. Look at Michael Clayton of the Bucs two years ago (80/1193/7), or even Terry Glenn when he was with the Pats (90/1132/6). But what does make it unlikely is that he hasn't played a down in preseason and has missed many practices. He is so far behind everyone else.

exactly

i was actually thinkin bout this last nite

dont forget anquan boldin and randy moss

the thing is since it is so rare, like you said, the fact that hes been out really puts him behind

Hehe Chad Jackson is gonna win ROY for me in Madden but that's because he is HEALTHY. Let's see Chad get on the field first. He's my boy but you gotta lower your expectations a bit for a wide receiver's rookie season.

smacadie said:
Gabriel will be the nuber 1 reciever, great pick up, Jackson will bearly se the field this year.

PATS TARGETS FOR BRADY

1) Gabriel
2) Watson
3) Brown
4) Graham
5) Caldwell
6) Faulk
7) Maroney
8) Mills
9) Thomas

Are you crazy? You don't bring in a guy a week before the season opens and annoint him your #1. Our 3 leading recievers are going to be the most predictable: Watson, Brown, Faulk. Gabriel, IMO, may as well be a rookie in our system, and should produce on par with Jackson (think 15 catches or so).

stinkypete said:
Are you crazy? You don't bring in a guy a week before the season opens and annoint him your #1. Our 3 leading recievers are going to be the most predictable: Watson, Brown, Faulk. Gabriel, IMO, may as well be a rookie in our system, and should produce on par with Jackson (think 15 catches or so).

if jackson and gabriel only get 15 catches we are in DEEEEEP TROUBLE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back