PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chad Jackson is officially a bust

Status
Not open for further replies.
When should we start? Year four.....maybe year five!?

For someone who claims to be a lifer, you really don't know jack about football.

You claim all that Jackson does is get hurt and run the wrong routes. He was hurt on a special teams play where his ACL was blown out. You do realize that its impossible to plan for those injuries yes? You also realize that its a 12-18 month healing process untill you are back to full strength. And, during that time, you really aren't running routes and such. Yes, your doing cuts, but not running routes. And when you do get to them, you aren't running them at full speed.

Jackson's ACL injury was in January 2007. That puts him to right about now to being back to full strenght.

Also, how the hell do you know it wasn't CASSELL who was throwing the wrong routes?

didnt see the game, how bad was it?

Matt Cassel, Matt Guittierrez and the entire offensive line did absolutely nothing to help Chad Jackson's cause last night.

Funny, in another thread folks are explaining that it's ridiculous to try to judge the QBs' performance given than they were throwing to the likes of Jackson. ;)

didnt see the game, how bad was it?

It wasn't a game. It was a learning exercise.

Seriously, though, the point was not to win this game, but rather to evaluate players. Some of them lived up to expectations (Wheatley, Mayo, Crable, Slater), some of them exceeded them (Ventrone, O'Connell), and some of them didn't (Cassel, CJ Jones).

Here comes the homers:rolleyes:Don't dare call pats fans biggest binkie a bust. Chad jackson looks like a bust. All show and now go. People have man love for the guy on this board, because he is jacked and ripped.....he looks the part, but anyone who watches him can see the guy has no ability to seperate, gets jammed at the line, runs the wrong routes, and drops easy passes. Not to mention, he's never on the field, because he is always hurt.

Bethal Johnson 2.0

Here come the idiots...

1) How do you know he runs the wrong routes?
2) Do you have a current Patriots play-book?
3) Do you know what plays are being called?
4) I've seen players such as Randy Moss, Jerry Rice, Terrell Owens, James Lofton, Stanley Morgan , etc, etc, drop "easy passes".
5) He's had 2 injuries. His hamstring and his ACL. The ACL happened while he was on the field. Please enlighten everyone on the stretches and strengthening techniques that all football players should be using to ensure that when they are hit from the side on their knee, their ACL doesn't tear. I am sure that Mike Woicik and every other stength and conditioning coach would love to hear from you.

The answers are rhetorical. You don't know he is running the wrong routes. Its YOUR assumption. You certainly don't have a Patriots play-book and you sure as hell don't know what plays are being called. And I am willing to put money that you are clueless about strength and conditioning and the fact there is no way to strengthen the knee so that it can withstand a hit to its side.

What has convinced you he has that level of desire?

Geee... I don't know.. The fact that he stayed around and did all his rehab in the Boston area. The fact that he was doing film study also.. That he made sure he was in the best shape he could be when he came to camp. That he's been picking the brain of Tom Brady whenever he got the chance...

Here comes the homers :rolleyes:Don't dare call pats fins biggest binkie a bust. Chad jackson looks like a bust. All show and now go. People have man love for the guy on this board, because he is jacked and ripped.....he looks the part, but anyone who watches him can see the guy has no ability to seperate, gets jammed at the line, runs the wrong routes, and drops easy passes. Not to mention, he's never on the field, because he is always hurt.

I'm with you. He didn't gain huge separation on the screens and short routes called for him. He didn't separate at all from the defender wrapped around his legs on his one catch. He didn't run any of the routes that are documented in the playbook the Pats coaching staff sent to me. He couldn't pull in the pass when the ball (and a 6'3" 270 lb linebacker) hit him in the hands. He had every opportunity to show his stuff last night and didn't take advantage. I mean, what else could he possibly need to show that he can contribute to the Pats regular offense?

just saw some highlights. Some of those might not have been Jacksons fault....

Mayo looks like he might be pretty nasty.

Jackson has done nothing since he came into the leauge.... All he does it get hurt, and run the wrong routes.

The guy did show flashes his rookies season. He did have three TD receptions his rookie year eventhough he got limited playing time due to injuries.

Here comes the homers:rolleyes:Don't dare call pats fans biggest binkie a bust. Chad jackson looks like a bust. All show and now go. People have man love for the guy on this board, because he is jacked and ripped.....he looks the part, but anyone who watches him can see the guy has no ability to seperate, gets jammed at the line, runs the wrong routes, and drops easy passes. Not to mention, he's never on the field, because he is always hurt.

Bethal Johnson 2.0

Calling a guy a bust after one preseason game after coming off a season rehabbing an ACL tear is nothing more than playa hating. I defend the guy, but I have no man love for the guy. I am just willing to give him this year to prove himself.

Here come the idiots...

1) How do you know he runs the wrong routes?
2) Do you have a current Patriots play-book?
3) Do you know what plays are being called?
4) I've seen players such as Randy Moss, Jerry Rice, Terrell Owens, James Lofton, Stanley Morgan , etc, etc, drop "easy passes".
5) He's had 2 injuries. His hamstring and his ACL. The ACL happened while he was on the field. Please enlighten everyone on the stretches and strengthening techniques that all football players should be using to ensure that when they are hit from the side on their knee, their ACL doesn't tear. I am sure that Mike Woicik and every other stength and conditioning coach would love to hear from you.

The answers are rhetorical. You don't know he is running the wrong routes. Its YOUR assumption. You certainly don't have a Patriots play-book and you sure as hell don't know what plays are being called. And I am willing to put money that you are clueless about strength and conditioning and the fact there is no way to strengthen the knee so that it can withstand a hit to its side.

Yeah, I do love how all the Jackson haters are quick to put all the blame on the INT on Jackson. Unless you know his route assignment, you have no idea if he ran the wrong route. If Brady threw that INT and yelled at Jackson, that would be one thing. But Cassel has been making bad decisions since last preseason. Remember the gift TD he gave Jason Taylor last season that made Brady have to come back into the game last season?

Untill I see more of Jackson, I am not ready to label him a bust. He has a long way to go to prove to me that he will ever be a solid player on this team, but I ain't going to give up on the guy based on three passes by Cassel and Guitierez.

Are half the people here Jacksons cousin or something?

I know. I was all for giving him an opportunity but last night was the last straw. I saw everything I needed to see to determine he can't be successful with the Patriots.

And what about Bryant? He can't be cut fast enough. Tempted to show Wheatley the door as well but I guess we can give him one more game...but he needs to realize he is on the bubble.

The starting DL was pretty sad as well. Can't cut them, but I think the Pats need to seriously reconsider any plans to re-sign Wilfork.

Don't even get me started on the OL. Obviously that unit just needs to be blown up and reconstructed from scratch. Mankins and Koppen sucked during the SB and now this game. This is a trend that is unacceptable. I can't see putting Brady on the field until these guys are replaced.

Maroney fooled me late last year, but I can see now that he is incapable of being a lead RB. Thank God the Pats signed Jordan since he will clearly be carrying the load by week 1.

The only question is if the Pats will even wait until cutdown day to rid themselves of the dead weight. Let's hope not...

Hahahahaha....and I thought I was doom and gloom. It wasn't THAT bad. LOL!

I'll agree, however, that Chad sucks. He can have all the physical tools and have the body of Adonis - but its obvious that when it comes to football smarts - he's not. Just cut your losses and let him loose. He was all hype and promise and I have seen nothing out of him. Nadda.

Matt Cassell may actually suck more - but he did not have nearly the expectations on him that Chad did.

Anyone here who thinks O'Connell is the answer at back-up QB is smoking crack. So, his scrambling ways will actually be successful against first strings NFL defenders? Um.....no. Wake up, people. The Patriost DESPERATELY need a back-up QB.

I'm with you. He didn't gain huge separation on the screens and short routes called for him. He didn't separate at all from the defender wrapped around his legs on his one catch. He didn't run any of the routes that are documented in the playbook the Pats coaching staff sent to me. He couldn't pull in the pass when the ball (and a 6'3" 270 lb linebacker) hit him in the hands. He had every opportunity to show his stuff last night and didn't take advantage. I mean, what else could he possibly need to show that he can contribute to the Pats regular offense?

Come on! I defend the guy as much as anyone, but it is inexcusable that Jackson cannot gain separation on a play where his route consists of turning around towards the QB on a quick WR screen. Eventhough he never actually crosses over the line of scrimmage he should be at least 2-3 yards down the field against the guy covering him.

What they threw to Jackson four times last night? Two were quick screens where Jackson doesn't take a step downfield before he gets the ball. Another was a short route where he actually was ahead of the receiver, but Cassel overthrow him by about 2-3 yards. Even Moss wouldn't always have more separation than Jackson had on that route. Another he actual got by the defender, but a miscue between him and Cassel (who knows who mistoke the route).

Jackson clearly didn't have a good game, but the haters want to blow everything they saw out of proportion.

Are half the people here Jacksons cousin or something?

Not at all. I just don't want to write off a guy after one preseaon game. Last year was a rehab year. I want to give the guy a chance. I don't have high hopes for the guy, but I think people want to kill this guy from preconceived notions.

Hahahahaha....and I thought I was doom and gloom. It wasn't THAT bad. LOL!

I'll agree, however, that Chad sucks. He can have all the physical tools and have the body of Adonis - but its obvious that when it comes to football smarts - he's not. Just cut your losses and let him loose. He was all hype and promise and I have seen nothing out of him. Nadda.

Matt Cassell may actually suck more - but he did not have nearly the expectations on him that Chad did.

Anyone here who thinks O'Connell is the answer at back-up QB is smoking crack. So, his scrambling ways will actually be successful against first strings NFL defenders? Um.....no. Wake up, people. The Patriost DESPERATELY need a back-up QB.

:rofl:

That went way over your head.
:D

Anyone here who thinks O'Connell is the answer at back-up QB is smoking crack. So, his scrambling ways will actually be successful against first strings NFL defenders? Um.....no. Wake up, people.

Congratulations! You've successfully told off all zero people who thought that! :rolleyes:

O'Connell is obviously a raw developmental prospect destined from draft day for the emergency QB slot. It's the #2 role that was one of the big battles in came from the start, and yes, that picture only looks murkier after last night. (I hardly know what to make of Gutierrez, since he was running for his life 2 seconds into most of his drops.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes