PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chad Jackson is officially a bust

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsgo

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
sorry all you jackson lovers but that was the worse performance by a reciever ive seen in along time , its to bad, id like to see him step up but my eyes tell me otherwise

Can we at least give him until the end of the preseason? Cassel couldn't hit the broad side of a barn last night.

sorry all you jackson lovers but that was the worse performance by a reciever ive seen in along time , its to bad, id like to see him step up but my eyes tell me otherwise

You might be right. Come to think of it Brady didn't complete one pass to him all night.

Last edited:

He did not look good that's for sure.

I'm disappointed in him, however I'm sure he's more disappointed in himself. If he can't pull it together by Pre-Season game 3, then I'll call him a bust as well.

I know. I was all for giving him an opportunity but last night was the last straw. I saw everything I needed to see to determine he can't be successful with the Patriots.

And what about Bryant? He can't be cut fast enough. Tempted to show Wheatley the door as well but I guess we can give him one more game...but he needs to realize he is on the bubble.

The starting DL was pretty sad as well. Can't cut them, but I think the Pats need to seriously reconsider any plans to re-sign Wilfork.

Don't even get me started on the OL. Obviously that unit just needs to be blown up and reconstructed from scratch. Mankins and Koppen sucked during the SB and now this game. This is a trend that is unacceptable. I can't see putting Brady on the field until these guys are replaced.

Maroney fooled me late last year, but I can see now that he is incapable of being a lead RB. Thank God the Pats signed Jordan since he will clearly be carrying the load by week 1.

The only question is if the Pats will even wait until cutdown day to rid themselves of the dead weight. Let's hope not...

Can we at least give him until the end of the preseason? Cassel couldn't hit the broad side of a barn last night.

What else is new. Cassell sucks. I have NO CLUE whatsoever what these coaches see in the kid. He is awful and has been awful every time he's played the past couple years.

Last edited:
What else is new. Cassell sucks. I have NO CLUE whatsoever what these coaches see in the kid. He is awful and has been awful every time he's played the past couple years.

Brady likes him. That's enough to keep ya around for a while.

I agree. This is Jackson's first preseason ever. The guy had an ACL injury last year so last year was pretty much a waste.

Things aren't looking good for Jackson, but it is a little premature to label the guy a bust.

I think CJ makes the team and contribute. Although he didn't shine last night I saw enough to see that he is much better than prevoius years. I think when he gets in with the 1st offense, he will make a plays from time to time.

Nevermind that this is his 3rd season and he looks like he doesn't know the play book, if he was a rookie, he'd be cut after this performance. He'd better become Superman for the second game because he's not going to see much playing time from now on. He and Cassell should start their own arena football team. Just horrible.:(

I know. I was all for giving him an opportunity but last night was the last straw. I saw everything I needed to see to determine he can't be successful with the Patriots.

And what about Bryant? He can't be cut fast enough. Tempted to show Wheatley the door as well but I guess we can give him one more game...but he needs to realize he is on the bubble.

The starting DL was pretty sad as well. Can't cut them, but I think the Pats need to seriously reconsider any plans to re-sign Wilfork.

Don't even get me started on the OL. Obviously that unit just needs to be blown up and reconstructed from scratch. Mankins and Koppen sucked during the SB and now this game. This is a trend that is unacceptable. I can't see putting Brady on the field until these guys are replaced.

Maroney fooled me late last year, but I can see now that he is incapable of being a lead RB. Thank God the Pats signed Jordan since he will clearly be carrying the load by week 1.

The only question is if the Pats will even wait until cutdown day to rid themselves of the dead weight. Let's hope not...

That was tongue in cheek, right?

I think CJ makes the team and contribute. Although he didn't shine last night I saw enough to see that he is much better than prevoius years. I think when he gets in with the 1st offense, he will make a plays from time to time.

I saw a good catch and run out of him, but I also saw a bad drop, and two very ugly, questionable punt returns. First one he should have let bounce instead of fielding it at the 2, second was a fumble.

I like some things about him, but let's face it, he's not going to be a big time contributor in the passing game this year. If he's unreliable on kick and punt returns too, where exactly does he fit?

I assume you are sarcastic. if so, I agree.

Are we really going to draw rash conclusions on players in the first preseason game with a ton of starters who didn't play on a slick field? Last night showed me nothing for most of the players.

I am only down on Cassel because I haven't see anything in this guy for over two seasons that makes me trust he is a sold #2 QB and last night was just further evidence of it. At some point last preseason, he regressed and has never seemed to rebound. But last night alone didn't make me feel that way.

Last edited:
I saw a good catch and run out of him, but I also saw a bad drop, and two very ugly, questionable punt returns. First one he should have let bounce instead of fielding it at the 2, second was a fumble.

I like some things about him, but let's face it, he's not going to be a big time contributor in the passing game this year. If he's unreliable on kick and punt returns too, where exactly does he fit?

Who's talking about CJ Jones and who's talking about Chad Jackson?

Matt Cassel, Matt Guittierrez and the entire offensive line did absolutely nothing to help Chad Jackson's cause last night.

Goots and Cassel threw some balls that were behind receivers and the offensive line didn't allow the QBs to look beyond five to ten yards downfield most of the time.

There is one way to know if Chad Jackson did his part last night and that is by watching coach's tape. I take it no one here has done that.

I didnt need last nights game to tell me Jackson is a bust.

I think it's premature to say CJ is a bust, but not very premature. He sure didn't climb the mountain last night. He didn't even circle it.

Here comes the homers:rolleyes:Don't dare call pats fans biggest binkie a bust. Chad jackson looks like a bust. All show and now go. People have man love for the guy on this board, because he is jacked and ripped.....he looks the part, but anyone who watches him can see the guy has no ability to seperate, gets jammed at the line, runs the wrong routes, and drops easy passes. Not to mention, he's never on the field, because he is always hurt.

Bethal Johnson 2.0

Last edited:
I think it's premature to say CJ is a bust, but not very premature. He sure didn't climb the mountain last night. He didn't even circle it.

When should we start? Year four.....maybe year five!?

I assume you are sarcastic. if so, I agree.

Are we really going to draw rash conclusions on players in the first preseason game with a ton of starters who didn't play on a slick field? Last night showed me nothing for most of the players.

I am only down on Cassel because I haven't see anything in this guy for over two seasons that makes me trust he is a sold #2 QB and last night was just further evidence of it. At some point last preseason, he regressed and has never seemed to rebound. But last night alone didn't make me feel that way.

Jackson has done nothing since he came into the leauge.... All he does it get hurt, and run the wrong routes.

Nevermind that this is his 3rd season and he looks like he doesn't know the play book, if he was a rookie, he'd be cut after this performance. He'd better become Superman for the second game because he's not going to see much playing time from now on. He and Cassell should start their own arena football team. Just horrible.:(

Never mind that for the better part of those two seasons he wasn't able to get on the field because the Patriots were extremely cautious with his hamstring injury and then his knee was blown out in the AFC Championship game 2 years ago, basically guaranteeing he wasn't going to see the field last year.

You do realize that an ACL is 12-18 months to full recovery, right? That means that just this spring he was finally able to start truly testing it and getting into his routes.

Also, from what I heard, Jackson was running the right routes, but Cassell wasn't hitting them.

Its idiocy for people to call Jackson a bust after 1 pre-season game when the guy is returning from an ACL injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots