Welcome to PatsFans.com

Chad Jackson Is Not 100% ... It Is Clear Now.

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by IcyPatriot, Jan 7, 2007.

1. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ---- JAG ----- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +24 / 1 / -0

#87 Jersey

Just wanted to say ... to all the Chad Jackson haters out there ... today we clearly saw on 2 plays why he has not played much. 2 long routes we saw on TV, probably a few more we did not ... he is nowhere near 100%.

He has no burst and is no way running 4.4 or better right now. I doubt he will be 100% until next year...it's nice to see him out there trying to stretch the filed anyways.

The bashers should at least hold off and see what he has next year. All that maturity crap and all the rest is just a bunch of crap.
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2007
  2. Bobs My Uncle

Bobs My Uncle PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Well he is what he is and what he is right now is a dud. On that no one can disagree. Hopefully next season will be different.
  3. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Hammies can be bad news, can linger for months. Every time you try to work them out, they just pop again. Some physiologies are *too* tight.

I really hope it's been purely physical problems that have held him back this year. He seems to have a world of talent. Love to see him running on all eight cylinders.

//
  4. MrBigglesWorth

MrBigglesWorth Rookie

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

Justin Miller is just as fast and I disagree with yoru statement on that. When he was covered by Barrett the ball was underthrown. Actually both balls were underthrown. If anything I think he outran the ball.
  5. libalu53

libalu53 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I believe CJ was used as expected, long bomb downfield, see if he can pick it off.
    Now, he did not allow an interception and came close to cathning one of the passes, good for CJ.

Yes he may not be 100%, but, 2 long throws downfield were to him, I thought that was going to be his "fit" for the game, GOOD CALLS!!
  6. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +86 / 0 / -0

Disable Jersey

What a surprise! Another Chad thread.
    Reminds me of all the posts years ago, "If only Drew had an All-Pro running back, a better OL, a #1 quality WR, a coach who understood him"...on and on and on with a litany of excuses, game after game. In Drew's defense, he actually did have productive games.
  7. BradyManny

BradyManny Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Both balls were underthrown, but why do they have to go right down the sideline every time? Let him make a move on his man, let him go across the middle, then he'll look real fast.

I agree CJ isn't 100% though - he looked fast last week returning punts, but that's still not as fast as he is. Granted, due to his ridicolously long stride, it always looks like he's running slower than his 4.3.
  8. BionicPatriot

BionicPatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

CJ is a freaking rookie! My lord. Some Patriot fans are idiots.
  9. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +86 / 0 / -0

Disable Jersey

I agree completely
  10. MrBigglesWorth

MrBigglesWorth Rookie

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

I agree. they should give him a post or slant or even a curl comeback.

Or maybe when chad had single coverage he should have ran to have inside position rather than be pinned to the sideline.
  11. Remix 6

Remix 6 Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

did u know Miller is a 4.3 guy too? a 2nd rounder aswell? running side by side with a WR his speed isnt hard.. and he was battling with Jackson the whole way up..no call

and the first 1 was underthrown and had 2 guys on him
  12. BradyManny

BradyManny Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

They gotta let CJ make a move on one of these guys, not just run in a straight line down the sideline. Let him run a route!
  13. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +24 / 1 / -0

#87 Jersey

Have to keep you on your toes PWP ... obviously you have great hands and nothing gets by you. :rofl:
  14. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +24 / 1 / -0

#87 Jersey

Fine ... I know that ... but Jackson is not running smooth at all. He looks like a guy who used to run fast and labors. Miller wasn't even running hard to stay step for step ... Miller was running rather casually IMO.
  15. MrBigglesWorth

MrBigglesWorth Rookie

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

Good to see they have confidence to give him an opportunity. Another thing for the charges to think about.
  16. BradyManny

BradyManny Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Both passes were underthrown though, Brady waited too long to release it on the second one, IMO. He looked right, left, right and threw. If he throws that ball much earlier, it gives time for CJ to breakaway from his man.
  17. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +24 / 1 / -0

#87 Jersey

Not really NEM ... he wasn't the 1st option on either of those plays. IMO they were sending him deep to clear out some underneath space. It appears he's healthy enough to be a decoy at least. But no way is he running fluid and fast ... Miller wasn't even working hard to stay with him.

It's nice to have him out there. The field was 2 crowded with the 2-receiver set. If he can be a decoy in San diego as well it will help. Whatever he catches is a bonus ... this much is obvious.
  18. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +24 / 1 / -0

#87 Jersey

Maybe next week against Whale's Vagina ... get busy Tom!!!
  19. MrBigglesWorth

MrBigglesWorth Rookie

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

I thought for sure one was gonna be a post patter when the pats had nearly max protection. It reminded me of the dallas game a few years ago when the boys sent an all out blitz and i think they hit branch on a post patter for 30 yards or so.
  20. SVN

SVN Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0

just my 2 cents...i think too many people played well today deserving props than to talk about jackson..he couldnt make the catches for whatever reason, other guys dropped catches too..
    we won! and iam actually excited that gaffeney played an important role than say caldwell...
    we say jackson is not hundred % every week but still seem to want to justify his drops etc...why ? lets wait on the microscope on him till next yr and watch what others are doing.....just my opinion of course
  21. BradyManny

BradyManny Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

LOL! Classic reference. :rocker:
  22. MrBigglesWorth

MrBigglesWorth Rookie

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

that is true, he still has alot to get used to like using his body to shield off defenders, but as someone said if he can give a play or two on the way to the superbowl it's all extra.
  23. VJCPatriot

VJCPatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 1 / -0

No need to justify the drops. Those two deep bombs were both closely contested balls that would have been tough for anyone to catch, not to mention slightly underthrown. I'll give Jackson credit for beings heads up enough to prevent interceptions at least. Still the downfield shots to Jackson had to be taken to keep the defense honest. So I have no regrets about those play calls.
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2007
  24. sieglo

sieglo Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

+1

25. mavfan2390

mavfan2390 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

When Chad's in the game, he will probably be matched up against Cromartie, another physical freak...it should be fun to watch those two go at it :D
  26. TomBrady'sGoat

TomBrady'sGoat Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

in defense of the chad jackson haters, i never give the guy a second thought. i could care less. my problem is all the idiots on this board constantly posting about him, taking the tiniest accomplishment and using it as proof he's ready to break out. I end up coming off like a hater because i dare point out that the guy has done nothing this year to make us believe he's this stud people want him to be.

why can't you guys just wait till next year?
  27. captain stone

captain stone Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

What's a Whale's Vagina?

My 2 cents: 1) Both balls were underthrown, so nothing was made clear regarding CJ's health, based on those 2 plays.

2) I, too, do not like the deep sideline route. Gaffney doesn't seem to like it, either. Fast players need to be in space, so they can, you know, be fast.
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2007
  28. RayClay

RayClay Rookie

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Maybe they run fast players on the sideline to spread the defense? Just a thought, I am not trying to be the offensive co-ordinator.:D

I imagine lessening the chance of interceptions might be another reason.
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2007
  29. captain stone

captain stone Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

Nothing wrong with it every now and then, of course. Variety is the spice of life, after all. It just seems that the sideline pattern is the deep route of choice. Could it be, however, that these past 17 games have all been a setup? Hmmm...
  30. AzPatsFan

AzPatsFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +15 / 1 / -0

Well said, and quite correct. He is serving a function as a clear out running deep sideline flys. If they gave him a deep cross or post not only would he not be clearing the space underneath, for receivers with a better chance of a completion, he might be more easily intercepted.

In addition to his speed problems with his hammy, his timing on when to expect the ball and where, is causing problems that will not be solved this year.

Gaffney on the other hand is blossoming just when we need it. It must have been obvious to the coaching staff when they "cleared out" the guy who just wasn't getting with the program and let him go back to the Raiders. Even if we fans had not seen it in games yet, I'm sure the Coaches saw the progress in practice.