PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chad Jackson Injury Update...

Status
Not open for further replies.
What he needs is what he did not have a chance to get last year - practice, practice & more practice. he needs all those repititions he would be getting at the summer practices. He needs to work through learning that playbook, adjusting to the speed of the game. The only way to do that is to practice and play. He needs to learn from Brady and Brady needs time to learn about how CJ plays.

Remember, even when healthy through High School & College, this was his Modus Operandi - slow starter then bursts upon the scene. He has the speed, the hands, the moves - all the physical talent in the world.

This is where Chad will differ from say a Bethel Johnson, in that once he gets it - and he will - watch out.

Of course, that is also why this injury at this time sucks so bad, he just cannot get the work he needs to gain the needed experience and confidence to slow the game down.

We all need to be patient, it may not happen until 2008 for him now, depending on how and when that knee responds.

Your right. Jackson needs a lot of reps in practice and nail down the playbook. As soon as he accomplishes both, he will be a very good reciever for the Pats.

Last edited:
Man i hope the kool aid drinkers take it easy....

I am happy for CJ.He is 21 and is quiet young and let him improve and also being a 2nd rounder we might able to sign him back ,if he improves for cheap in 2009:D due to this initial problems.

Stallworth biggest problem is his inability to read playbooks and he is locked down as a starter even though we have repeated seen fast guys who cannot get the playbook let go....I would love to for someone to explain , how suddenly he is woke up and changed overnight.

Where did you get that Stallworth has trouble with play-books?

Wes is not a every down #3 WR .He is too small and kelly being bigger the slot is going to shared by both.

Say WHAT? 2 of the BEST #3 WRs in the game have played in the AFC East and are build nearly identical to Welker. They were Wayne Chrebet of the Jets and Troy Brown of the Patriots. I'm sorry, but your claim that Welker is too small is just garbage.

Leaving the outside 2 WR as cadwell /gaffeney/stallwoth - again cadwell will be on the field most as brady trusts him - sometimes kelly in rotation here and in the slot with wes.

I'd be willing to bet that WELKER will not be in rotation with ANYONE for the slot position.

gaffeney in the playoff never really gave up on any play,last night they had the SD game on comcast and watching their were couple of times when every one was covered and he makes a clean break from his initial route and runs into the open areas of the field out running DB`s and made some catches [again a sign of his reads are close to what brady is reading]

I think that the Pats are in a great situation. However, its a conundrum as well. As mentioned earlier, the Pats have Stallworth, Caldwell, Welker, Gaffney and Washington as "name" players. They also have Jackson (who many speculate will be heading to the PUP), Childress, Kight, and Smith. Then you have BB saying that Troy Brown "is in the plans". It will be very a very interesting training camp to say the least.

I think that Washington has an UPHILL battle. People are going to laugh, but I see Washington as having to beat out Kelvin Kight to make this team. I say this because Kight was such a good special teamer for the Pats last year.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
Back