PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chad Jackson impresses Gasper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prediction: Chad Jackson's production in the 2008 season >>>>> Donte Stallworth's production in the 2007 season.

Last edited:
Prediction Chad Jackson leads the team in YAC being defended by the teams Third corner back isn't going to get it done against C JAX.
He will no doubt benefit from Moss being double covered and the safety having to keep a eye out for Watson, Welker will take at least 2 defenders with him every play.
Maroney and Faulk will be watched by at least 2 linebackers.
Leaving Jackson one on one to embarrass the competition.
Say what you want but this guy would be the number one receiver if he played for the likes of , Minnesota, San Francisco, Philadelphia.

If a Hyundai Sonata passed Gaspar on Comm Ave, his jaw would drop. So Jackson made a nice catch "over the middle in practice"? LOL I think we need to cool it with the Chad Jackson talk before he becomes Adam Seward on this board

Prediction: Chad Jackson's production in the 2008 season >>>>> Donte Stallworth's production in the 2007 season.

That's a bold prediction. I belive that Stallworth had one of, if not the best YAC averages in the NFL last year.

That's a bold prediction. I belive that Stallworth had one of, if not the best YAC averages in the NFL last year.

He had the BEST YAC average of any receiver in the NFL. This is because, when he DID catch balls, they were bombs. Problem was that he wasn't really in Brady's focus for one reason or another. He just seemed lost out there.

Let me revise/clarify my prediction to specify that I mean catches, yards and TDs. Stallworths' YAC ability was great, but that was his only real asset for us. Chad Jackson should - hypothetically - do a lot more.

I'm not ready to throw a parade for him, but I think that Jackson is going to have a very good year. I usually try to back up my opinions with facts, but other than the potential he has, I dont really have any here. This is more of a prediction, a guess without a clear basis for it. But I think Jackson ends up as the #2 WR (of course Welker is #2 in production, but playing in the slot is considered the "#3") playing the role that Stallworth and Gaffney shared last year. I didnt think either of them were exceptional in it but together they were very productive, becuase the opportunities are huge.
I think Jackson=Stallworth the first part of the year, which role became gaffney the end of the year, and Gaffneyis the #4. Iwould not be shocked to see Jackson put up 60 catches, with a bunch of big plays.
Last year, there were big expectations for Stallworth, especially after he started prooducing some. I think Jackson may produce up to the expectation Stallworth fell short of.

Of course, we do have to remember there is only one football and when you have Brady, Maroney, Moss, Welker, Morris, Faulk, Watson, Gaffney in addition to Jackson one football is hard to spread out that far.

i think Jackson is going to have a HUGE year. The pats arent gunna spam the ball to Moss this year like they did last year, Jackson is going to see a ton of looks, much more than Stallworth got. And since he is borderline a GOD he will cash in.

I'll believe it when I see it. Tell Jabbar Gaffney to be ready.

He will no doubt benefit from Moss being double covered and the safety having to keep a eye out for Watson, Welker will take at least 2 defenders with him every play.
Maroney and Faulk will be watched by at least 2 linebackers.
Leaving Jackson one on one to embarrass the competition.

I reckon that's a flag - 12 men on the field....

Moss / CJ / Welker / Watson / Faulk / Maroney

It's the new craze... going 6 wide?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back