PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chad Jackson impresses Gasper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Chad Jackson impresses Reis

FYI, it's actually Gasper's article as Reiss is at the owner's meeting - but I was excited to see this piece as well. Remember how CJ impressed two summers ago? Injuries have derailed him since, but now is his chance to shine.

it was chris gaspar not riess

Yes, Gaspar wrote it - in the Reiss pieces section as per the link.

FYI, it's actually Gasper's article as Reiss is at the owner's meeting - but I was excited to see this piece as well. Remember how CJ impressed two summers ago? Injuries have derailed him since, but now is his chance to shine.

I'm a believer! When I read the piece about him last year- shadowing Moss on every play, running his routes with him, Moss taking him under his wing last season (his words) ; talking to him,teaching him little details and tricks etc- I knew then that BB has confidence in him.
I really hope he shows everybody something great this season-if he does then we've just upgraded our offense even more.
But if he sustains another extended injury this year again...I dunno.

CJ for President. He's going to do big things this season and silence his critics.

CJ impressed the coaches in training camp in his first year. He made a couple of plays in what little playing time he had (including catching a bomb from Brady if I remember correctly) then got injured in the AFCC. That injury happened so late in the year that he couldn't participate in training camp and the staff thought it would be best just to keep him off the field for one year... last year. A year in which our receiving corps was arguably the best in the league. Now Stallworth is gone and a spot for that #2 spot has opened up. If CJack continues to work hard and earns that spot, he will impress. As a Gator fan and a Patriot fan, take my word for it: HE...WILL...IMPRESS.

if jackson can stay healthy he will definitely be more productive than stallworth was or ever would be. jackson has all the tools to be a stud at WR. stallworth never lived up to the potential that he had. i don't know why he's bounced around the last few years from NO to Philly to NE and now to Cleveland. i thought he was supposed to great speed and he does have good speed, but from what i saw he just wasn't a great route runner and in the past has dropped too many balls. that said, he will be 28 this coming season, while chad jackson will be 23.
say there were no injury concerns going into last season (2007) and you had a choice of who you thought would be a more productive #2 receiver. would you pick stallworth or jackson? i would've picked jackson. he has the speed to beat guys downfield, leaping ability to grab jump balls, and in college just had a knack for getting open and making plays.
if he was healthy last year, just think of how this could have affected the deep ball to moss. stallworth was supposed to be a deep threat but was really never used that way, probably because he didnt have the speed to do it. imagine having two guys lined up who can potentially go deep. in the playoffs what the teams did was try to eliminate moss and our deep game by putting double coverage on him. and they were successful as he only had a combined two receptions in the divisional and conference championship games. if they had jackson with the ability to go deep and keep the defense honest, it would open the field up more for randy.
all in all, my point is i know it will be extremely hard to reproduce what they did last year, but i think the pats' offense has the potential to be more productive if jackson can live up to being that solid #2 receiver. then again, i would just like to see him stay healthy for the whole year. ;)

CJ will produce, I'm sure of it. I think the team isn't gonna try to break records this year. IMO, maybe I'm being an optimist but I think if healthy CJ could be the same weapon for the Pats this year that we thought Stalworth would be, a fast speedster opposite of Moss. Maybe I'm reading to much into myself, but imagine if CJ had a break out year, this offense would be wayyy more balanced than last year.

if jackson can stay healthy he will definitely be more productive than stallworth was or ever would be. jackson has all the tools to be a stud at WR. stallworth never lived up to the potential that he had. i don't know why he's bounced around the last few years from NO to Philly to NE and now to Cleveland. i thought he was supposed to great speed and he does have good speed, but from what i saw he just wasn't a great route runner and in the past has dropped too many balls. that said, he will be 28 this coming season, while chad jackson will be 23.
say there were no injury concerns going into last season (2007) and you had a choice of who you thought would be a more productive #2 receiver. would you pick stallworth or jackson? i would've picked jackson. he has the speed to beat guys downfield, leaping ability to grab jump balls, and in college just had a knack for getting open and making plays.
if he was healthy last year, just think of how this could have affected the deep ball to moss. stallworth was supposed to be a deep threat but was really never used that way, probably because he didnt have the speed to do it. imagine having two guys lined up who can potentially go deep. in the playoffs what the teams did was try to eliminate moss and our deep game by putting double coverage on him. and they were successful as he only had a combined two receptions in the divisional and conference championship games. if they had jackson with the ability to go deep and keep the defense honest, it would open the field up more for randy.
all in all, my point is i know it will be extremely hard to reproduce what they did last year, but i think the pats' offense has the potential to be more productive if jackson can live up to being that solid #2 receiver. then again, i would just like to see him stay healthy for the whole year. ;)

I pretty much copied your post, whoops.

CJ impressed the coaches in training camp in his first year. He made a couple of plays in what little playing time he had (including catching a bomb from Brady if I remember correctly) then got injured in the AFCC. That injury happened so late in the year that he couldn't participate in training camp and the staff thought it would be best just to keep him off the field for one year... last year. A year in which our receiving corps was arguably the best in the league. Now Stallworth is gone and a spot for that #2 spot has opened up. If CJack continues to work hard and earns that spot, he will impress. As a Gator fan and a Patriot fan, take my word for it: HE...WILL...IMPRESS.

I think so too. If he can stay on the field,get some consistent game time in,begin to develop out there and gain experience,he'll be a Monster.

Chad Jackson is borderline a GOD.

Wow. Chad Jackson is actually running routes correctly and catching passes in minicamp? This guy is going to be a STUD! ;)

Guy

On

Disabled list ?

I hope he is not another Bethel Johnson. I was right about that guy, though I got pilloried in the old Usenet newsgroup whenever I criticized him. You would have thought I'd committed an unforgivable heresy by questioning the guy's commitment and route-running prowess.

In fact, the response was nearly as scathing as back in the days when we used to have those seemingly endless Brady-versus-Bledsoe debates. I was on the right side of that divide, too. ;)

Ahh, the memories.

CJ for President. He's going to do big things this season and silence his critics.

I second this. CJackson is going to open alot of eyes this season, just watch. He's a young stallion that's been held back due to alot of things, and he's ready now, he's kicking the barn door............Look out for CJ

Last edited by a moderator:
Jackson is going to be good, not great, and then get injured again.

Jackson is going to be good, not great, and then get injured again.

Good is better than what Stallworth offered us last season. If good means another deep threat opposite Moss then sign me up!

Good is better than what Stallworth offered us last season. If good means another deep threat opposite Moss then sign me up!

I see CJ making his mark initially as a possession receiver, something he excelled at as a junior at Florida. He has the hands and the size to flourish in that role, a la David Givens. That is enough of a jump for me in '08. I'm looking for 50 catches 700 yards and 6 TDs.

I would say Stallworth was good last year could have been better especially done the stretch and if Chad Jack could give us that production it would be Good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes