Welcome to PatsFans.com

Chad Jackson great hands

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Cassanova792, Nov 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cassanova792

Cassanova792 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Here is a youtube video of Chad Jackson in the 2006 all star WR challenge demonstrating his hands. After watching this video, i realized how much of a physical speciman he is and how much talent he brings to the table. It was unfortunate he got injured so early in his career. But to me he has ALOT of potential.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=sktpjvtz9iQ
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2007
  2. oldskool138

oldskool138 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

#75 Jersey

Let me dust off an old chestnut from Han Solo:

"Good against remotes is one thing. Good against the living? That's something else"
  3. Cassanova792

Cassanova792 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

well obviously its different when its a human throwing at you, but your missing the point.... he absolutely demolished the other WR's in the competition who are also playing with the same robot. It shows how good his hands are compared to everyone else in that competition. Like it wasnt even close....

Besides did you see his build? He is tall and has a good frame, with great break away speed as well as great hands to match. Plus Moss is taking him under his wing this season, so i hope to see alot more of him now that he is healthy.
  4. MoLewisrocks

MoLewisrocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

Beat me to the punch. This is what got him drafted. If it translates to an NFL field remains to be seen, as is always the case with drafted players regardless of their combine-esque measurables.
  5. BradyToMoss

BradyToMoss Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Listen, Chad Jackson, even Randy Moss said is going to be a star in this league and it's simply up to Chad. Randy knows talent when he sees it and for Randy to talk about Chad they way he does gets me excited. I know that this kid will end up being an NFL stud wideout.
  6. jays52

jays52 Rookie

Ratings:
    +85 / 0 / -0

#91 Jersey

I'd rather see a youtube clip of him gaining seperation on a corner.

I'd rather see him get clean releases off of hard jams.

I'd rather see him read a zone and cut the route in between the coverages.

Hands, 40 times, shuttles, verticle leaps, weight, height, all that makes a good athlete, but doesn't make a great football player.
  7. oldskool138

oldskool138 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

#75 Jersey

That's what they said about Ben Watson three years ago....

(BTW, I like Ben, when healthy.)

EDIT: Obviously I know Ben's not a WR...but a comparable TE
  8. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +396 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

I don't remember a whole lot of drops from Jackson last year - although my memory is shot - but having great hands at the machine is still VERY important. He has great raw ability to catch. Does he need to do in in the game ? Sure. But he does it with the machine way better than most which shows he has the raw ability to do it in the game too.
  9. drew4008

drew4008 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Old news... already saw and talked about this forever ago.
  10. BradyToMoss

BradyToMoss Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Jay, all we can do is go by what we have seen from him in VERY limited playing time. This kid had 3TD's and on two of them, he was completely wideopen, his defender was not even in the same area code (talking about the slant in NY and the deep post in Buffalo), both were TD's. Chad can separate and he can break tackles as shown on the Minnesota TD. Now that he's healthy look out.
  11. desi-patsfan

desi-patsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Wait, i don't understand this comment. Are you saying Ben Watson isn't a stud?? Because, well, he clearly is.
  12. drew4008

drew4008 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Except he's always injured and is a mediocre blocker.
  13. oldskool138

oldskool138 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

#75 Jersey

Bingo!

ten characters
  14. sebman2112

sebman2112 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Ben's actually had some pretty good blocks this year.
  15. ALP

ALP Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0

wut i get from that is that he blew the competition away..
    man i cant wait until hes healthy...
  16. stevepratt

stevepratt Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

From all these threads you would think Randy Moss was coming back from an injury and ready to play for the first time....this guy is going to be the 5th/6the wide receiver and probably not even active until we all ready have clinched everything. Tony Simmons also had great potential and looked what happened to him. No Im not saying Jackson is another Simmons but lets hold on before we crown him as Stallworth's successor and all this stuff...he'll be lucky to make it on a few special teams next week.
  17. RayClay

RayClay On the Roster

Ratings:
    +584 / 6 / -9

#75 Jersey

Jackson's always had the tools. Hopefully he's acquired the attitude required to make it too (I'm hearing good things).

Plenty of talented washouts sit there and watch the Troy Browns and Wes Welkers of this world.

By the way, I read that it might be all over for Rod Smith of the Broncs since
    Shanahan says he won't be able to come off the pup this year.

If so, he's got to be the best free agent receiver ever and the example to young guys like Chad. Forget Randy, he's a freak.:D
  18. WhiZa

WhiZa Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

He was already getting hurt before the draft! :p
  19. spacecrime

spacecrime Rookie

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

Agree, and that's why the original poster wasn't talking about any of this stuff.

He was talking about good hands, and that was the subject of the post and the video.

Don't try and tell my that you think that having good hands and the ability to catch the ball away from the body is a negative attribute for a WR!!!!!
  20. spacecrime

spacecrime Rookie

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

What the heck? All the guy said was he has great hands! He's a high second round pick coming back from a rookie year injury. Why are you so down on that?

We're 9 and friggin' 0. We got Harrison back in week 4 and got better, got Seymour back in week 6 and got better, in week 10 we get the second WR selected in last year's draft taking the place of Marcelus Rivers, and you chicken littles are determined to turn it into a negative. Are you all nuts? Or can't stand to be anything but negative?

As far as being inactive, I'll make a gentleman's wager with you. You say he is inactive until we clinch everything. I'll he is active at least a week before that. In fact, I'll say he is active in at least one of the two next games. Loser has to say he was wrong about Chad Jackson (you must say the others were right: he is much better than I thought, I must say he isns't nearly as good as I thought.) Bet?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.