Chad Jackson & Doug Gabriel....

Status
Not open for further replies.

FloridaPatsFan

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
One thing to say about Jackson....

WOW.

The one drop would have been a great catch...Bet he makes that catch many more times this year.

Sure wish Gabriel was able to hold onto that pass in the endzone, but he had a defender draped all over him.

So far, I'm am wicked impressed with Jackson...The speed he brings is crazy!

jackson is gonna be real good and once Doug catches a few balls, he is gonna take off.

Think it is the system/Brady that makes the receivers what they are or is Branch just a good wr?

bruinator said:
Think it is the system/Brady that makes the receivers what they are or is Branch just a good wr?

Branch is going to find out. I think most of us here don't want to think of life without Brady.

But sometime later this season you should start a thread on this subject again when Branch has gotten to know the system in Seattle.

My guess is Branch will have some nice games, but Jackson and Gabriel will be as good as Branch and Givens.

FloridaPatsFan said:
Branch is going to find out. I think most of us here don't want to think of life without Brady.

But sometime later this season you should start a thread on this subject again when Branch has gotten to know the system in Seattle.

My guess is Branch will have some nice games, but Jackson and Gabriel will be as good as Branch and Givens.

Wrong. They won't be 'as good' as Givens and Branch. Chad Jackson is the league's next Jerry Rice.

Wait a second, where are all the people who said they were "writing off" Jackson for the season because he missed camp? :)

bruinator said:

I think it's a little bit of both. Branch is a good wr but it certainly helps to be catching balls from Brady. The system sure couldn't make good receivers out of people like Tony Simmons and David Terrell so you have to have some talent as a receiver to work in this system. I think that both Chad Jackson & Doug Gabriel have enough talent to be very productive in this system and can't wait to see more of them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes