PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chad Jackson doing spot duty?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOT64

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Looks like BB is SLOWWWLLLY inserting Chad into the offense..I don't think he was out there for more than 2 consecutive plays at a time - I would like to see him out there longer and very soon,especially since he is supposed to be our next star receiver - Obviously the hamstring injury is of no longer a problem hampering his playing time.

I am unable to understand the Jackson situation. If his hamstring is an issue, you don't limit him to 5 plays, you sit him out. Thus his hamstring apparently is not an issue. Yet you don't put him in more than this? A testament to Gabriel and Caldwell, I guess.

It's comparable to last week when Gabriel didn't play the entire first half.

CJ might have more skill than Caldwell, but right now, Caldwell has more experience not only in the NFL, but on the team, so it makes sense to play Caldwell. CJ was in on a TON of rushing plays (especially in the 2nd half), obviously, BB wants to break him in on as easy plays as he can, and maybe improve his blocking in the process.

I'm looking at CJ has a mid season "addition" like the return of Seymour and Bruschi were to us last season. He could be that guy who just takes us to another level.

Everything the Pats need to win the Super Bowl is on the roster, it just needs to develop.

Last edited:
I can't help my self.
Until proven otherwise Chad Jackson = Bethel Johnson.

BB knows the track record with rookie wr's. He isn't going to throw him out there to the wolves when he isn't ready. I like the "mid-year addition" comparison.

Born_a_Patriot said:
I can't help my self.

Until otherwise proven, Garrett Mills = Dave Stachelski.

pats1 said:
Until otherwise proven, Garrett Mills = Dave Stachelski.

Thank God somebody said it [to Born a Patriot].

Born_a_Patriot said:
No. Until proven otherwise, Chad Jackson does not equal Bethel Johnson. This is exactly what I was talking about in the other thread. For one, Chad Jackson's ceiling is so much friggin higher than Bethel Johnson, the comparison is silly to start. Chad Jackson could've been picked in the mid first round, he was the best WR in the draft - he has speed, height and amazing hands. Bethel Johnson had one of those three. People are making negative assumptions about Chad Jackson without any basis.

Last edited:
Born_a_Patriot said:
I can't help my self.

Can we please stop with this analysis! Bethel was here for years and had time under his belt. CJ has been here 4 games (although not active for those 4) and missed almost all of TC with an injury. If this is still going on next year then you can work this quote in, but now it's not appropriate.

mtbykr said:
Can we please stop with this analysis! Bethel was here for years and had time under his belt. CJ has been here 4 games (although not active for those 4) and missed almost all of TC with an injury. If this is still going on next year then you can work this quote in, but now it's not appropriate.

You got to be kidding. Relax have some fun. Enjoy the win.

If receivers are not ready to block they don't play. I'm guessing this is the process. Also, rookies bodies are not quite ready for the NFL...I have no problem with this. My guess is it's a cross between not being physically ready and not having the blocking down either. This is Ben Watson all over again and look what we got there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back