PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chad Jackson and Doug Gabriel

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTS-80

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Two young guys who I think will be our future '07 starters (it will take awhile).

I am really happy about the Branch trade because it ends it, the FO didn't cave to strong-arm tactics, and we got a 1st round pick (which is a better pick than what some teams got for their WRs).

And Caldwell's a pretty good 3rd/2nd WR too.

One of them will be a starter before the end of THIS Season. (Atleast we should hope)

Last edited:
The only age onthe Offense is Troy Brown and we have a extra #1 to pick up a WR in 2007. Then a mid rounder for a developmental QB and a late rounder for a Punter.

The rest of the draft can go to the Defense. ILB, OLB, CB and S all on on day one. What do we do with all the rest of the picks??:eek:

PATRIOTS-80 said:
And Caldwell's a pretty good 3rd/2nd WR too.

And you are crazy! Caldwell would not be a number 4 option with the receivers we had last year. Was that not evident Sunday? We needed Branch badly. We needed Givens back. Things should be better once Gabriel gets on the field. Who knows when Chad Jackson will find his way to the field. They should have made Branch a better offer. This Dynasty is slowly collapsing! That will be evident by year-end. I'm not exactly happy with the way BB and SP control the funds!

Gabriel will obviously be a deep threat. The question for me is, who will take on Branch's role of running the short and intemiate routes? I know that Jackson was placed in that role last year, however I'm not sure that's his best fit.

Terence said:
Caldwell would not be a number 4 option with the receivers we had last year.

Let's give Caldwell like a whole 2 regular season games before we start hating him. He looked pretty unspectacular during the preseason but he made some nice catches yesterday and looked fine overall. He'll be a good 3rd or 4th option behind Gabriel/Jackson/Brown.

I'd take him over Bethel/Andre Davis and if this group can be healthy they are at least on a par with the players we had in 2001.

Was that not evident Sunday? We needed Branch badly.

So Branch would have been blocking Aaron Schobel and Takeo? Good to know.

When your OL is withering under the pressure like that good luck with the passing game. Come back Nick Kazcur.

This Dynasty is slowly collapsing!

Panic, discord, terror! Run for the hills!

PS - Back when the Bills used to run the AFC they always had a hard time with the Patriots who would go on to be 2-14 or 1-15. Division games are a separate entity altogether and they aren't always a good barometer of where each team is.

Terence said:
This Dynasty is slowly collapsing!

On the contrary, acquiring extra #1 picks is exactly how you maintain a dynasty.

...should get well soon and contribute this year, me thinks...

I can't speak about Gabriel - but as far as Jackson goes - assuming he's healthy - and that's a big assumption, there are a number of reasons why Rookie WRs don;t often have big years.

Like rookie QBs often times they are given a good amount of time to ease in and there's not a lot of pressure put on them. This deflates the rookie WR numbers -

So I'm hoping if the Patriots are in a situation where they actually have the opportunity and need for Jackson to contribute, he'll respond and step up to the plate so to speak

I think this wouldn't have happened if the receiver situation is as bad as some on here are making it out to be.

And if the team feels like it needs to get another receiver they now have an extra draft pick to help maneuver a trade.

Terence said:
And you are crazy! Caldwell would not be a number 4 option with the receivers we had last year. Was that not evident Sunday? We needed Branch badly. We needed Givens back. Things should be better once Gabriel gets on the field. Who knows when Chad Jackson will find his way to the field. They should have made Branch a better offer. This Dynasty is slowly collapsing! That will be evident by year-end. I'm not exactly happy with the way BB and SP control the funds!

Uhhh...no.

JoeSixPat said:
I can't speak about Gabriel - but as far as Jackson goes - assuming he's healthy - and that's a big assumption, there are a number of reasons why Rookie WRs don;t often have big years.

Like rookie QBs often times they are given a good amount of time to ease in and there's not a lot of pressure put on them. This deflates the rookie WR numbers -

So I'm hoping if the Patriots are in a situation where they actually have the opportunity and need for Jackson to contribute, he'll respond and step up to the plate so to speak

There is precedence...

compare Terry Glen to Jackson, and you will see some similarities...
missed most of the camp, missed first game...

had a 90+ catch season....

never say never...

have more Kool - aid...

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes