PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chad Greenway-IOWA. PROTOTYPE NE LINEBACKER.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcalverley

Rookie
Reaction score
Chad Greenway of IOWA has a solid game at the Senoir Bowl. He reminds me a lot of Mike Vrable. He looks like a good fit in the 3-4 Defense. I dont think he will be around when we pick at #21. He looks like he could be a real solid pick. Some other players who stood out and may still around in Round 2.
*Tye Hill-DB. Clemson: Very quick and semms to cover well.
*Sinorice Moss-WR/PR: Miami: Just seems to find a way to get open.
*Joe Klopfenstein-TE/WR.-Colorado: This guy reminds me of Joe Jurivicious, (who by the way) will be a free agent this year.
*Joseph AddI:RB-LSU. If the Patriots dont get the RB they want in the 1st. Round. This guy may still be around in the second. He seems to have a lot of talent.
*D'Quell Jackson-LB-Maryland. Another fast linebacker may slide to the second round.
Well, here is my early wish list, we need another solid draft.

Go PATRIOTS.

Problem is we'd have to trade up for him, and likely for Tye Hill as well.

Greenway is quite possibly the player I want most. Like Drew said, we would have to trade up some to get him, but I think it would be worth it. He has that Patriots type swagger to him. Kind of reminded me of Mike Vrable where it is almost a ****yness, but really it is just confidence. Plus it looked like he could add the weight no problem to be one of our ILBs. Showed some frustration when he missed a tackle which is good to be that into a game such as this.

jcalverley said:
Chad Greenway of IOWA has a solid game at the Senoir Bowl. He reminds me a lot of Mike Vrable. He looks like a good fit in the 3-4 Defense. I dont think he will be around when we pick at #21. He looks like he could be a real solid pick. Some other players who stood out and may still around in Round 2.
*Joe Klopfenstein-TE/WR.-Colorado: This guy reminds me of Joe Jurivicious, (who by the way) will be a free agent this year.
*Joseph AddI:RB-LSU. If the Patriots dont get the RB they want in the 1st. Round. This guy may still be around in the second. He seems to have a lot of talent.
*D'Quell Jackson-LB-Maryland. Another fast linebacker may slide to the second round.

Go PATRIOTS.

If Greenway is there when the Pats pick, I feel like he's the closest thing to a lock. His combination of size, speed and instincts is nearly prototypical for a Pats linebacker, inside or out. Problem is, I don't think he's there.

jcalverley said:

Go PATRIOTS.

Chad Greenway is talented no doubt. But he isn't another Willie, Rsey or Vrabes. His game is much more like Phifer than any other Pats Linebacker. He doesn't rush and sack the passer; but he has superior coverage ability and is a sideline to sideline player with great LB instincts.

Kiper says he is a top ten pick! I doubt the Pats would trade up that high, if he fell to around 15 or so, they might make the jump.

Richter said:
If Greenway is there when the Pats pick, I feel like he's the closest thing to a lock. His combination of size, speed and instincts is nearly prototypical for a Pats linebacker, inside or out. Problem is, I don't think he's there.

That's all true, but what makes him a prototypical Patriot is his game smarts, experience and on-field leadership. The only thing that's missing is if he were an insufferable film rat and student of the game-- the son of a coach, would have been nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back